Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It appears McKinney intends to return

Started by FraggleHog, June 18, 2017, 10:53:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

Not 100% confirmed, but this Instagram Post makes it seem like he intends to...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

TebowHater

Nice post and picture, thanks for sharing. I have heard he pretty much 100% is back but whether he pitches again for us is more up in the air.

jry04

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 18, 2017, 10:53:49 am
Not 100% confirmed, but this Instagram Post makes it seem like he intends to...
He said he is back. As of now, DVH is saying it is 50/50 on whether he is ready in time for the season. McKinney himself said he will be ready, but I am not sure it is up to him.

SPAL

Sure hope he can pitch for us again. What a weapon he could be if he can regain his freshman form.

TebowHater

Quote from: jry04 on June 18, 2017, 12:39:12 pm
McKinney himself said he will be ready, but I am not sure it is up to him.

This is interesting. Because Koch also said the same thing. I suspect this is just players being players but I do wonder if DVH may be intentionally dampening expectations so KM doesn't try to overdo it too soon.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Yes!! He'll be ready.  If not he never will.

We're running on 22 inch high profile 50 spinners!

jry04

Quote from: TebowHater on June 18, 2017, 01:39:52 pm
This is interesting. Because Koch also said the same thing. I suspect this is just players being players but I do wonder if DVH may be intentionally dampening expectations so KM doesn't try to overdo it too soon.
I think DVH is just careful with what he says since he isn't a doctor. However, he is expected to be throwing 5-6 months before the first series. Barring a set back, it isn't crazy to think he will be ready around the start of the season, or at least by SEC play. Every athlete is different, and many TJ surgeries may take 16-18 months. However, there are an increasing amount of recoveries taking 12-14 months. I believe from the time of his surgery, the start of the season would be at 13 months. FYI, I am not claiming any inside knowledge on McKinney's situation. Just going off what he has said, other players have said, and what I have seen with family friends when it comes to TJ surgery. Plus, every professional/college pitcher's TJ recovery is well documented, too.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/baseball/2017/05/09/arkansas-mckinney-road-recovery-after-tommy-john-surgery/313514001/

dotnet

It may be a situation where he becomes a closer next year to reduce the strain on the arm

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on June 18, 2017, 07:37:13 pm
It may be a situation where he becomes a closer next year to reduce the strain on the arm
I could see that.  Hopefully he is at least the 92-94 that we saw him at in high school.  It would make the change play up even more than it already does.  All I know is that this staff will have a lot of guys who can run it up next year.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: dotnet on June 18, 2017, 07:37:13 pm

I'm like UCA.  I can see that too.

Kevin

I just want him back in uniform, & pitching again. if he can take the mound for the hogs, he will get a standing ovation from me where ever I am.

he took one for the team his freshman year, and I want to say thank you for that.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Kevin on June 19, 2017, 04:58:01 am
I just want him back in uniform, & pitching again. if he can take the mound for the hogs, he will get a standing ovation from me where ever I am.

he took one for the team his freshman year, and I want to say thank you for that.

How did he take one for the team?  I know about his injury and all, but I was not following that closely a couple years ago...
SCREW Vandy!

Kevin

He pitched on a bad hip  that needed major surgery that offseason. That also probably led to the tommy john surgery
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22