Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC Fan looking for Hotel Advice

Started by mbtrojan, April 05, 2006, 07:39:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbtrojan

Hello Hogs...looking forward to my trip to Fayeteville.  Should be a good match up this year.  Since all the hotels are sold out in Fayetteville. I am tentatively planning on staying at the Ramada in Lowell.  I would appreciate any advice on whether this is a smart move or if there are better options.  Also, recomendations on restaurants and bars would be great.  Thanks in advance.  Look forward to tailgating with some Hogs in early September.

TulsaHogFan

April 05, 2006, 07:42:39 pm #1 Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:44:40 pm by TulsaHogFan
Quote from: mbtrojan on April 05, 2006, 07:39:25 pm
Hello Hogs...looking forward to my trip to Fayeteville.  Should be a good match up this year.  Since all the hotels are sold out in Fayetteville. I am tentatively planning on staying at the Ramada in Lowell.  I would appreciate any advice on whether this is a smart move or if there are better options.  Also, recomendations on restaurants and bars would be great.  Thanks in advance.  Look forward to tailgating with some Hogs in early September.

I will let some of the regulars and locals give you some better advice than i can lol. 

Check Springdale also as they are about 10 mins north on 540.  Great Holiday INN up there right off the highway.

For Eats, you can't beat Doe's Steakhouse, or Hermans.  Hermans is great, place looks like it could fall down if hit by a strong breeze.  But has some of the best steaks in the area.  Not sure if it is even there still.  Late night snacks have taken a hit with the loss of Casa Taco.  Best late night cheese dip availiable.  Could call up at 3:45 am and get a huge order of diareha delivered right to your front door disquised as Mexican food.

Hope you find some places to eat though

Oh and welcome to the site, feel free to sit around and watch some of the banter.  It gets kinda interesting sometimes.

But if you tell Pete about anything you see on here, someone, will kick you ass hahaha.

ballhog™

The ramada will be the closest if all the hotels in springdale are booked.  I have never stayed there, but it is about 3 years old and right on the by-pass.  Its about 15 minutes from Fayetteville.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogfan13

Try the Clarion Inn In Fayetteville. bout 3-5 Minutes from RRS

nobballconcept

Embassy Suites in Rogers.  nicest in NW Arkansas and lots of good eats in that area.  18 minutes to Fayetteville.

CiriusPorker

well, mbtrojan, i wish that I could be of more help, but i personally do not know much about the hotel situation here being that i live in here in my own residence.  However, i do hope that you enjoy your trip to the Ozark Mountains and find your stay very enjoyable.

mbtrojan

Thanks for the feedback.  There will be a group of 12 of us.  Where should we go out the night before the game (could be Friday or Saturday night, depending).  I assume there is a good scene in Fayetteville the night before a game...would like to take in the whole atmosphere of game experience at Arkansas.

CiriusPorker

Dickson St is full of bars and nightlife..its the place you HAVE to go..

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: mbtrojan on April 05, 2006, 08:03:36 pm
Thanks for the feedback.  There will be a group of 12 of us.  Where should we go out the night before the game (could be Friday or Saturday night, depending).  I assume there is a good scene in Fayetteville the night before a game...would like to take in the whole atmosphere of game experience at Arkansas.

I would have to say Bottoms Up.  Best strip club in the area.  The girls all weigh more than I do, and i am not sure there is a cover.  If you were not hammered drunk when you got to the entrance they would not let you in. hahaahahah

Jose's on Dickson Street would be a good idea.  Might want to get a cab to Dickson.  Cops are not to scared to hand out a DWI.  You can eat on Dickson, and check out the bars. 

TorsinAHog

I would go to Dickson st. which is near campus where there are bars, places to eat, etc.  Depends on what type of food you want to eat.  Do you want "Arkansas food" we have some good fried catfish places, several good BBQ places, Does (on dickson is good), Theos (on dickson) is good.  As far as hotels, I agree with what was said above, NWA is short on hotel rooms and Ramada may be your best bet is the Embassy Suite is sold out.

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

CiriusPorker

TulsaHogFan

CiriusPorker

Factual Fiction

DICKSON ST.!!!! I can't wait. I haven't been there since they re-opened the Brew Pub. I hope it's as good as it used to be.

I can't wait to see how Dickson St. has changed. I missed all Fayetteville games last season.

pigsooie_73

April 05, 2006, 08:33:35 pm #14 Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:36:44 pm by pigsooie_73

This should be a great choice in Hotels (Ramada in Lowell). Not too far from XNA if you are flying in to the area. Dickson Street is where the night life is in Fayetteville.

CarolinaHog1176

hotels are probably going to be hard to come by in fayetteville and anywhere close, but if you're flying into XNA airport you might as well stay in rogers or bentonville since you're right there anyways.  pretty convenient with everything being right there on I-540.

the negative thing about that is how much fun you're going to try and have while in fayetteville the night before and the night of the game (hopefully not too much though because that'd mean that usc won).  having to drive 20 minutes back up to rogers/bentonville could be tricky when you're in an unfamiliar place and you're $hitfaced drunk.  like someone pointed out earlier in this post, the cops aren't scared to throw someone in the pen (just ask some of our football players).  dickson is the place to go though for your evening festivities.  I lived right on it during college and it was great being able to crawl home after a good night instead of having to drive somewhere.

anyways, first thing I do when I've got a trip like this coming up is I look up some area cab companies and I program their numbers in my phone.  you never know when you'll need to call 'em up.

hope the trip's a safe one but of course not a victorious one ;D
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

HogFansReunited

Dickson street is the best place to go out here.  I just moved here from Los Angeles.  It is nothing here compared to the night life there but its still fun.  If you want good BBQ try Bensons on Dickson street.

BTW...+1 and welcome to the site.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

CiriusPorker

i almost think we should invite some USC fans to the hogville tailgate...

that would be a blast..

PIGINAPOKE

Take the 405 to the 101,or the 91 to the 55?
All kidding aside, I lived in the hole of so. calif for 36 yrs. Best bet would be to look north of Fayetteville,Bentonville/ Rogers.

I have one Trojan fan from Garden Grove coming for the game, So we are full..One is plenty here! Use the net..and start early!
You will love it here and make the most of your stay..I would not go back to the Santa Ana frwy for Moses !! GO HOGS!! and welcome
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

HogFansReunited

Yeah I will probably have a few USC fans with me.  Try not to pick on them too much.  Cali boys can't handle being picked on.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

karma26

Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 05, 2006, 09:14:24 pm
i almost think we should invite some USC fans to the hogville tailgate...

that would be a blast..

why not.....

ColinRagan

If you stay in Lowell or Rogers, there are lots of good restaraunts in Rogers right off of the highway.  Dickson St. is a great college town bar scene right down the hill from campus, and all the patios will be in full swing that time of year.  You don't need to worry about which bar to go to on Dickson, they are pretty much all in a neat little row and you can walk or crawl from one to another.  There are a couple of places to eat on Dickson as well, such as Jose's and the HogHaus Brewery.  Definitely stop by the Hoghaus and have one of their wheat beers

toshortrock

come to helena,u can stay at the new super 8 hotel by the bridge
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 05, 2006, 08:08:59 pm
Quote from: Hogmania on April 05, 2006, 08:07:11 pm
El Dorado Arkansas has some nice hotels, it's not to far from Fayetteville either. You should have a nice time seeing the Ozarks at the time of year. Have a good time.

hahahahahaha, what?  No thats going to be packed.  Try Ashdown....

Jesus Christ, stop effing with this guy. El Dorado is a good 6 hours from Fayetteville. There's not much going on in El Dorado other than the fact that you can fill your deer quota inside city limits. Ashdown? Where the hell is that, down by Dermott on the Mississippi border?

Listen, if you can't get anything in the Fayetteville area, try Fort Smith, it's only an hour from the stadium.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

jkcrunch

[/quote]

Trojan Fan dont take this personally I am sure you are a fine human.  But stay in Cali, dont come to the game you are not welcome.

Cmon Hogvillians  You think any self respecting SEC schools would be kind to the enemy,  try going to Gainsville or Baton Rouge.  They let you know your not welcome on their turf.   Irwin has always said we need to show hate and discontent for our opponents in this case I agree.  Shame on any Hog who welcomes the enemy with open arms.   If you see them at the stadium, BOO & HISS. Be creative not profane and make them feel as unwanted as possible.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: jkcrunch on April 05, 2006, 10:03:15 pm
Trojan Fan dont take this personally I am sure you are a fine human.  But stay in Cali, dont come to the game you are not welcome.

Cmon Hogvillians  You think any self respecting SEC schools would be kind to the enemy,  try going to Gainsville or Baton Rouge.  They let you know your not welcome on their turf.   Irwin has always said we need to show hate and discontent for our opponents in this case I agree.  Shame on any Hog who welcomes the enemy with open arms.   If you see them at the stadium, BOO & HISS. Be creative not profane and make them feel as unwanted as possible.

First of all learn how to quote.  Secondly, there is nothing wrong with being friendly with fans of another school.  At the USC game no one gave me or my wife trouble.  Please show a little respect.

Member #3568

PIGINAPOKE

What is really sad, is how some jack ass, some  good ol country_boy morons act to a person asking a simple question? So what if they are USC fans??
It is a free counrty the last time  i checked my HONORABLE  discharge papers? We are still free !

So go ahead and spew your rebel trailor trash crap to the masses.  MORON..

Number one Bushog King, All these kids are going to school, What school ..A American school. So what if they play for usc or ariz? They have a better chance now  than your kin did slaving  cleaning friggin chickens, Or looking at the ass of a mule for 14 hrs a day? It is a game man..Thats all, Not the civil war, By the way the south lost , And Dale Earnhart is dead..No Memory here.

No wonder Arkansas gets such a rough ride around the country as being Backwoods,,
Your comments and welcome mat say it all..

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

zortoes

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 05, 2006, 08:18:14 pm

Great place to go Snipe hunting.

Hahahaha... ok, now point the flashlight in the bag, I'm gonna go park the truck in a spot where the won't see it.

CampuspostmanHOG

Give the Chamber of Commerce in Springdale a call. There are about 4 new Hotels/Motels in Springdale on Hwy 412 just off Interstate 540. Here's the Chamber's link. I'd be surprised if these new Motels are booked yet. Springdale city limits joins Fayetteville's.

http://www.springdale.com/

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on April 05, 2006, 10:44:55 pm
Give the Chamber of Commerce in Springdale a call. There are about 4 new Hotels/Motels in Springdale on Hwy 412 just off Interstate 540. Here's the Chamber's link. I'd be surprised if these new Motels are booked yet. Springdale city limits joins Fayetteville's.

http://www.springdale.com/

Here's the Hotel link. Stay away from Heartland and Sunrise:

http://www.springdale.com/city_guide_of_springdale/places_to_stay/hotels

endub

Quote from: Bania on April 05, 2006, 09:22:14 pm
El Dorado Arkansas has some nice hotels, it's not to far from Fayetteville either. You should have a nice time seeing the Ozarks at the time of year. Have a good time.
You can stay at the fabulous OK Motel in Ashdown. Its nothin but a 4 and half hour drive to the University. Ashdown is also the best smelling city in Ar. :D
LMAO!  My wife is from Ashdown, and I've been saying that for years. +1

"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 05, 2006, 08:22:06 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 05, 2006, 08:14:51 pm
El Dorado is PARTY CENTRAL!

and cow tippin

Great place to go if you like to smell the stench of darn everywhere, and like mosquitos as big as chevies everywhere you look.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: zortoes on April 05, 2006, 10:28:31 pm

Hahahaha... ok, now point the flashlight in the bag, I'm gonna go park the truck in a spot where the won't see it.

LOL, i hope he caught the reference.  I had to mention Ashdown when they brought up El Dorado.  Everyone in the world should suffer that smell at least once in their lives. 

Cmon Hogvillians  You think any self respecting SEC schools would be kind to the enemy,  try going to Gainsville or Baton Rouge.  They let you know your not welcome on their turf.   Irwin has always said we need to show hate and discontent for our opponents in this case I agree.  Shame on any Hog who welcomes the enemy with open arms.   If you see them at the stadium, BOO & HISS. Be creative not profane and make them feel as unwanted as possible.
He knows we were joking with him.  Hell i offered good advice first.  I hope he does come to the Tailgate.  Enjoy a nice beer before getting their butts handed to them lol.

pigture perfect

There is a little place about an hour from Fayetteville called Eureka Springs. It is a quaint little villiage built around tourism. If you've never been to the Ozarks before, you might consider this little field trip. Lots of Hotels, Motels, Inns and my favorites Bed and Breakfasts. It is just east of Fayetteville on hiway 62/412
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

mbtrojan

There are 12 of us in my group coming from LA and we would be honored to attend the tailgate if invited.  We host a large tailgate for all home games (and several away games) and we had several traveling Hogs at our tailgate last year in LA (woopig folks).  Let me know where and when and we will be there.  We will be kind and respectful, but of course we will be wearing Cardinal & Gold and cheering for the Trojans.  Looking forward to talking some football this summer.

HogFansReunited

Hey trojan when you guys get done beating us can we throw Nutt on the plane to go back with you guys?

Member #3568

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: mbtrojan on April 05, 2006, 11:01:55 pm
There are 12 of us in my group coming from LA and we would be honored to attend the tailgate if invited.  We host a large tailgate for all home games (and several away games) and we had several traveling Hogs at our tailgate last year in LA (woopig folks).  Let me know where and when and we will be there.  We will be kind and respectful, but of course we will be wearing Cardinal & Gold and cheering for the Trojans.  Looking forward to talking some football this summer.
As long as you bring some hotties and beer you are good.

Btw, Hogville people are top-notch.  You will feel welcome.

But seriously, you should stay in Pine Bluff.  It is a wonderful place.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 05, 2006, 11:10:43 pm
As long as you bring some hotties and beer you are good.

Btw, Hogville people are top-notch.  You will feel welcome.

But seriously, you should stay in Pine Bluff.  It is a wonderful place.

Dude, that is cold, would u even wish Nutt a stay in the bluff?

Try Branson, MO if you can't find a closer hotel

HogFansReunited

I grew up in Pine Bluff.  Its a great place to live. 

Member #3568

CiriusPorker

There are 12 of us in my group coming from LA and we would be honored to attend the tailgate if invited.  We host a large tailgate for all home games (and several away games) and we had several traveling Hogs at our tailgate last year in LA (woopig folks).  Let me know where and when and we will be there.  We will be kind and respectful, but of course we will be wearing Cardinal & Gold and cheering for the Trojans.  Looking forward to talking some football this summer.

...you gotta do what you gotta do ;)

Factual Fiction

Quote from: FireNutt on April 05, 2006, 10:21:05 pm

First of all learn how to quote.  Secondly, there is nothing wrong with being friendly with fans of another school.  At the USC game no one gave me or my wife trouble.  Please show a little respect.

I agree and as far as Gainesville and Baton Rouge, I like to think we are a better class of people.

Welcome to Arkansas all Trojans fans. I hope you love it as much as we do.

Visit Dickson St., walk around Old Main, and enjoy the stadium Frank built.

DOGALUM

Quote from: endub on April 05, 2006, 10:47:36 pm
Quote from: Bania on April 05, 2006, 09:22:14 pm
You can stay at the fabulous OK Motel in Ashdown. Its nothin but a 4 and half hour drive to the University. Ashdown is also the best smelling city in Ar. :D
LMAO!  My wife is from Ashdown, and I've been saying that for years. +1

How old is your wife?  I spent a couple of years in Ashdown as a child. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

mbgrulz

how bout the heartbreak hotel. that's where all SC fans will be...well at least i hope so. good luck to ya.

dana caldwell

if still available, clarion is probably the best option. shortest jaunt to campus. nothing fancy, but not bad, either. clean rooms, indoor pool, pretty good fri pm buffet, decent lounge (full of lizzards and 30-(and 70-) somethings.

Hermann's and Doe's are your best bets for red meat and Dickson Street (just down from the campus) is the place to be as most have posted. nice college-town row or three of bars and restaurants (Doe's is there).

think it'll be an interesting change of scenery for use guys. enjoy.

Big Hawg 21

A lot of out of town fans stay in Fort Smith which is about an 45 south of Fay. if Hotels in NW Ark are full. 

hogfan064

I always stay in Alma.  Hotels in Fayetteville are probably already booked. Alma is about a 30 minutes south of Fayetteville and you can take a very nice scenic route of The Boston Mountains from Alma.  Bentonville, Rogers, and Springdale are good places to stay, but they book pretty quick. 

TorsinAHog

Why is everyone telling this guy to go to springdale? that place is a shi%hole (unless you stay right off of 540).  Im sure there are better places to stay.  Heck tell him to stay in Eureka, Rogers, Lowell, Fort Smith, Bentonville which are all within 15m-1 hour driving distance.  
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

no one

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 05, 2006, 10:53:18 pm
Quote from: zortoes on April 05, 2006, 10:28:31 pm

LOL, i hope he caught the reference.  I had to mention Ashdown when they brought up El Dorado.  Everyone in the world should suffer that smell at least once in their lives. 

Down here, we call Ashdown God's country and the smell is that of money ;).  I love it though.

DukeOfPork

April 06, 2006, 09:02:13 am #48 Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:08:20 am by PorkPariah

Everybody is tossing out ideas about hotels when this guy has already reserved rooms at the Ramada in Lowell.  He just needs some confirmation that this is a good place to stay if any of you have some info on it.

Trojan, I haven't stayed there but I think that the Ramada there is new and it is in a pretty good location.  I think it is as good as anything else - there's nothing wrong with it.  There are not many rooms left in the area for that weekend so you should stick with what you have.

You'll have easy access to I-540 and you can take it north to restaurants in Rogers 5 minutes away or south to Fayetteville 15 minutes away.  If you want the Razorback football game experience, Dickson Street is the place.  Being from SoCal, it won't seem like much to you, but Dickson Street is an integral part of Fayetteville and it is right on the edge of the UA campus.  It's just a great place to go and hang out.

If you're not busy tailgating before the game, a pregame ritual my wife and I have always followed is to park over on Dickson Street (Walton Arts Center parking lot) and walk across the campus to the stadium.  The UA campus is very compact, so it isn't that far and it's a pretty walk.  It kinda puts me in the "college football mood". 

You'll walk on the Senior Walk (every UA graduate has their name imprinted in countless sidewalks criss-cossing campus - over 130,000 names), you can see Old Main (historic building that housed the entire university back in 1872), and you'll get a feel for what the UA is all about.  As you walk over the last hill by the Student Union, suddenly you see Razorback Stadium, bustling with activity.

Hey, I'm ready for some football just thinking about it!  After the game, you will already have your car parked on Dickson Street and you can just hang out in that area.

Check back with us as the gameday approaches and we can give you some more specifics about restaurants, etc.

boomo26

April 06, 2006, 09:06:10 am #49 Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:09:41 am by boomo26
Lowell is a good bet right off the bypass.  15 minutes to Fayetteville and 5 minutes from Rogers which has great places to eat.  Go to Dickson the night before, but if you wear the Trogan colors you might catch hell. We always pay some college kid $10 and you can park in his yard and they will usually let you hit the beer bong.

Boomo