Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Postgame Gripe Thread

Started by V B Porkers, March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

Or something else.  The radio broadcast was pitiful.  I think Mike was drinking.

razorbackfan4life

that Arkansas fans are proud of making it to the tournament, AND LOSING IN THE FIRST FREAKIN ROUND!

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:56:17 pm
Dali we did not gaurd them close. They go  7 deep and we don't press until the end of the game and then its out of desperation. We didn't not gaurd them close at all. They got open shots just like Kevin said because they actually have been coached to run an effective motion offense.

Yes, they ran an effective offense, but we were still close. Hill didn't get these blocks by not playing close. Also, almost every 3 was made with a hand in the face. Hell, one was shot over Hill!

neblon

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 17, 2006, 01:44:43 pm
Quote from: V B Porkers on March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm
Nothing more needs to be said

bull

The players played hard. Get off your couch and pound a court with your fat ass for once!

outcoached and outplayed couldn't have said it better

pheine78

Nolan for defensive coordinator!

havvgball

oh yeah we might be better next yr right after losing our NBA guard brewer, and modica who was an all sec type player before stan arrived!

Boss Hogg

At least we won't lead on ESPN...Northwestern St. beat Iowa...

Kevin

ok, hill is not guarding the guys who lit us up from behind the arc.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

beebefootballfan

ok a few things i saw today...

1. Bucknell got a whole lot of open 3's off of screens and arkansas lost their men while they were running round on offense.

2. Arkansas stood around ALOT unlike bucknell who was running round on offense creating shots

3. We blew the last 30 seconds.

4. Alot of moving screens from bucknell...(refs fault)

5. Arkansas got outplayed..Mcurdy didn't play alot and jefferson played to much!
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

hoggin das

The fact that we missed all the FT's tells me that our guys were nervous. That's understandable, considering none of our guys have been to the NCAAT before. Bucknell had what all? of their starters back from a team that one a NCAAT game last year?  They were understandably more poised. Also, I thnk there was more presure on the hogs since it was SEC vs Patriot league.

The way you can overcome that is with defense, rebounding and easy down low baskets. I didn't see the game, but I don't understand why we didn't have more production from Townes and Thomas.

cmevere1027

ok first of all, i call it a upset why you ask, well we probably played one of our worst games of the year and still had a chance to win with 10 seconds left to play, and they shoot better than 50 percent from 3 in the game and we STILL had a chance to win,
BUCKNELL really sucks memphis will beat them by double digits!! Bucknell has no inside game and live and die by the three

artyhog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:52:27 pm
Stewie, I hate this for the players and I wisj like HELL that they had had a coach with atleast a lick of freakin sense to lead them today.

Stan did not loose the game today.  It was the players who missed open shots, missed a ton of Free Throws, and turned the ball over.

I am as mad as anyone hear, but not to the point of Stan loosing the game.

The_Bionic_Pig

Because I am not cussing ...and wanting Heath Fired, Seniors paraded down main street and saying f.... Arkansas I am Suger Coating what happened. 

Some of us tend not to forget what the seniors have gone through (Re-building) Practices runnning up and down hills, heart-ache after all those close losses during the season. 

I just choose not to Rip them a new one because they are a representative of my beloved Home State and they played their hearts out.  I thank them for their effort that all. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PigInaBlanket

The new coach said his team would play with "passion and excitement."

He said his style includes four staples: rebounding; defense; an exciting up-tempo style that "runs on makes and misses;" and execution, including free throws, clock management and concentration, especially late in the game.

This is from ESPN when Heath was named Head Coach.
Has anyone seen this from any of his teams since he came here, or am I just blind?

MCPeePants

Quote from: Bigmac on March 17, 2006, 01:57:00 pm
You ask why did Townes not play the second half

1) He looks for a shot every time he touched the ball
2) He took a shot every time he touched the ball
3) He missed his shot every time he touched the ball - I think
4) He never looked to throw the ball back out
5) The 2 out three shots he took were fade away jumpers instead of going in strong where you can possibly get your own rebound.
6) Defensively his effort was weak - not in good position for defensive rebounds.

Any other questions. Townes still has a lot to learn.

With respect to #3 - he scored 6 points and was tied as our leading scorer at halftime. Then he was not seen again.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with the rest.

artyhog

Outplayed yes, outcoached no.

neblon

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 01:51:27 pm
Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:48:42 pm
All you Heath lovers better shut your freakin pie-holes after that BS. A week to prepare for one freakin team and we have NO PHUCKING PLAN.

Yes we should have fouled their 3 point shooters.... (sarcasm)

see fergie

Hoggy Potter

in Revenge of the Nerds

"You just got your a$$es whipped by a bunch of GD nerds!"

Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Kevin

i done arguing with some off you because you cannot see the forest for the fatty mcgee's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SultanofSwine

Arty, whose responsibility was it to prepare our team? They were NOT prepared to play that team today so who ever had that job of preperation is EXACTLY who gets the blame, PERIOD.

Tmac813

Quote from: beebefootballfan on March 17, 2006, 02:01:54 pm
ok a few things i saw today...

1. Bucknell got a whole lot of open 3's off of screens and arkansas lost their men while they were running round on offense.

2. Arkansas stood around ALOT unlike bucknell who was running round on offense creating shots

3. We blew the last 30 seconds.

4. Alot of moving screens from bucknell...(refs fault)

5. Arkansas got outplayed..Mcurdy didn't play alot and jefferson played to much!
[

Very good post, but I"m sorry Mccurdy was getting his ankles twisted up by there point guard.  Tough kid, but a long ways to go.../quote]

havvgball

dontell jefferson didnt get us beat.... eric ferguson is awful!

artyhog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 02:06:01 pm
Arty, whose responsibility was it to prepare our team? They were NOT prepared to play that team today so who ever had that job of preperation is EXACTLY who gets the blame, PERIOD.

All the Hogs had to do is make the open shots and Free Throws.  If they had, everyone would be patting Stan on the back.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on March 17, 2006, 01:59:01 pm
Hats off tous Hogs. We finally made it. We're back in the saddle again. We opened up the door for years to come.

The boys played hard as you all saw or heard. They could've just quit after all those three's were made and missing their free throws. It amazes me how they can play back into a game when everyone else just about gives up on them. They did themselves proud. I'm proud to be a RAZORBACK too.

GO HOGS GO! 8)

I am hurting like everyone else but more-so for the Seniors who left their hearts on the basketball court.  Thank You for you effort you did your state proud.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

havvgball

oh wait Heath cant just beat or even get the lead on BUCKNELL!!!!!!!! oh wait these arent his awful players either right?? ?? Arkansas basketball sucks!

hogsanity

So when Bucknell beat Kansas last year was it because Self is a horrible coach?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

artyhog

By many reports, the 3 guys comming in next year are better shooters.

rjmass

I don't think we got one turnover off the press, we got several off the half court trap, once they crossed. 

Why drain our guys when the press did not work on them

when we did get a couple of traps, on the press they did not panic they beat the count.
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

neblon

Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:05:12 pm
Outplayed yes, outcoached no.

NO?   We started winning when Jefferson started sitting.We didn't dance with the one that "brung" us.The pine is a very effective coaching tool.
This is just one of many coaching move thst scream WTH??

leroyjenkins

Thank God our seniors will not be back..........

havvgball

who cares heath is a nice guy and looks good in a tie!!!!!!! atleast we have that going for us!!!
BLIND HOG LOVE

hogman64

a  clutch shot in the last minute of a game..I dont remember one ever going in.
It was proven the last 10 games, as Ferguson went so went the Hogs and without him we would not have made the tournament, he was the difference when he played well in my opinion.. buttttt it will be so nice not to have to depend on such an inconsistent player ever again, or at least I hope that is the case for coming years........

Tmac813

I'm just as angry, as the rest of u great hog fans, but Come on, this Team that beat us was no slouch.  They lost 4 games this year.  They knocked KU out last year, this was our first time in the Big dance in 5 yrs.  All in all the Razorback ballers had a successful season, as compared to last year.  We love our hogs so much, that sometimes our emotions over takes, just good old common sense.  These guys played their arses off out there.  They deserve a hearty congrats.  I think the future is getting brighter for Razorback Basketball.  My weekend is shot, just like everyone else's who wanted us to make some noise in the Tournament.  I played hooky today from work, just to come home and watch the game on the computer.  I don't remember having the kind of excitement for the tournament I had today in the last 5 yrs.  BTW one question?  Who wants Nolan back?

havvgball

no hogsanity Heath is a GREAT (top 100 in the nation maybe) coach have you ever played organized basketball in your life?

pheine78

Quote from: MCPeePants on March 17, 2006, 01:52:26 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 01:48:17 pm
Arkansas couldn't throw it in the ocean  and Bucknell coudn't miss, you can't coach that.....

The reason they couldn't miss is because they were getting off wide open uncontested shots for the most part.

You sure as hell can coach that.
Wide open?  I guess we watched different games.  You might want to watch the replay smart guy

neblon

Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:04:21 pm
Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:52:27 pm
Stewie, I hate this for the players and I wisj like HELL that they had had a coach with atleast a lick of freakin sense to lead them today.

Stan did not loose the game today.  It was the players who missed open shots, missed a ton of Free Throws, and turned the ball over.

I am as mad as anyone hear, but not to the point of Stan loosing the game.
He didn't help "loose" it, but he sure helped "lose" it for us

Hoggy Potter

Yeah you won and your team is better than ours and your coach is better than ours but at the end of the day.....your still Bucknell.

Have a nice day! :)
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

hogsanity

So Bucknell beat the hogs because heath sucks?  So what was Kansas excuse last year, or Iowas this year? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

karma26

March 17, 2006, 02:15:34 pm #138 Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:21:58 pm by karma26
Quote from: Hoggy Potter on March 17, 2006, 02:14:57 pm
Yeah you won and your team is better than ours and your coach is better than ours but at the end of the day.....your still Bucknell.

ummm, ok?

Michaelt

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on March 17, 2006, 02:14:57 pm

And Bucknell is still in the tournament...I'd take that right now...lol
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogman64

The last player that needs to take a clutch shot in the last minute is Ferguson he has proven time and time again if it is a clutch shot he is going to miss it. i would rather see Hill shot it...........yes he is the reason we made the tournament, but the last minute of a game DONT SHOOT

secthumper

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 02:04:54 pm
Because I am not cussing ...and wanting Heath Fired, Seniors paraded down main street and saying f.... Arkansas I am Suger Coating what happened. 

Some of us tend not to forget what the seniors have gone through (Re-building) Practices runnning up and down hills, heart-ache after all those close losses during the season. 

I just choose not to Rip them a new one because they are a representative of my beloved Home State and they played their hearts out.  I thank them for their effort that all. 

What is your problem? I never said to fire Heath in either one of my posts!!
I did not cuss you, Heath, any player, or differing opinions on this board!!

I stated a FACT,that they let this entire state down and that is the plain simple fact!!
And as I stated earlier, you do not frickin know me, so button your mouth!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

pheine78

Quote from: rjmass on March 17, 2006, 01:59:20 pm
I saw Bucknell hit 3 - 3's with less than 3 seconds that were prayers that were just thrown at the basket.  If you have ever played any, you know somedays you can throw up anything and they will go in, some days you can't hit a wall 2 feet in front of it. 

I am disappointed but I am proud of this team, they didn't fold they sucked it up and they brought the State a little excitement about March Madness again.

Call it hugging, I can honestly say, I had Hog Fever, it has been a good week, Most everyone on this board was excited. 

We got beat, its over, lets not forget these guys did get us excited,

Why would Brewer want to come back if this is what he is rewarded with for helping get the team back to the dance. 

Nice post.  I wouldn't come back if I read what a lot of these A-holes wrote on here.

arktennis

Why was Modica so hesitant to shoot the ball today. He had lots of open looks and double, triple pumped and then dribbled instead of taking the shot when all year long he shot the ball right after catching it?????  Free throws were horrible. Less than 50% in the second half and Buckhell made more 3's than the Hogs took for the game. We did too much walking and standing on offence. But my biggest question is why, when Fergie and Jefferson are dribbling the ball off their feet or otherwise turning the ball over does Heath not put in McCurdy who, for the 58 seconds he played he moved with and without the ball, played good D and took the ball to the basket hard (even though he missed, we got the rebound and the put back) and he didn't come close to turning the ball over.  Why didn't he play more when the other guards were clearly nervous and clearly not moving or shooting well????

HoggyWood

Let's just give Bucknell credit for beating us. They outplayed us, plain and simple. We did not make plays today. By no means am I a sunshine pumper, but today's loss does not spell doom for Stan and our program. One month ago we were left for dead after losing to OM, but Stan and the guys picked up the pieces and made a run. Yes, I believe we are better than Bucknell, but tournament experience does count, and our lack of it (along w/ other factors) cost us. Let's hope that Ronnie stays and the influx of talent on the way will enable us to make another run next season. I am very disappointed, but I think we are finally on the right track.

MCPeePants

Quote from: pheine78 on March 17, 2006, 02:19:19 pm
I saw Bucknell hit 3 - 3's with less than 3 seconds that were prayers that were just thrown at the basket. 

They hit one like that.

The vast majority of the rest of them were good clean looks at the basket - reflective of a piss poor perimter defense.

pheine78

March 17, 2006, 02:27:56 pm #146 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:08:34 am by pheine78
I have no complaints.  Sure, I wish we would have won, but we didn't.  So you guy's stop your bitching and get ready for next season.  If ya'll could do better you would be out there right now. 

neblon

March 17, 2006, 02:28:50 pm #147 Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:34:57 pm by neblon
Quote from: Boss Hogg on March 17, 2006, 01:53:56 pm
Vegas lost a lot of money on this game

Vegas rarely if ever loses money on a game. Now if a #16 seed beats a #1 seed they might (stress might). Some bettors lost money but I assure you Vegas made money.
I would be confident in saying that they (vegas) won't lose money on any tournament game this year.

HatfieldHog

Facts are Facts: 
1.)  You can't blame, nor give much credit to Bucknell for this one.
     -When you shoot what?  30%  You're gonna get beat.
     -When you shoot 50% or less in Free Throws, you're gonna get it.
2.)  We were out coached,  our offence did not execute.
3.)  We could not score from the outside nor inside, or even the line.
4.)  We seemed to be playing hard, and right into their hands.
5.)  They did what they had to do, and we didn't.

If screaming would help, I would!     See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

BossHog13

Razorback fans face the facts, Arkansas is going to be nothing more than a Mediocre team, at best, under Heath. This was a team of seniors, all his recruits and this was the best they could do! Next year those players will be gone and we will be in a "rebuilding" stage, so you know it won't be getting any better before it gets much worse. They trailed the entire game against Bucknell, a team that will probably be blown out by Memphis in the next round. Heath's Big Ten style of basketball makes it almost impossible to come back when a team takes a sizable lead. You all can dream if you want to, but until we get a new coach, Arkansas is going to continue to be a bottom dweller struggling to get to the middle! We need a new coach!!!