Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Nolan came to Walton with Ole Miss

Started by JJHog, March 07, 2006, 03:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWyld

Quote from: JJHog on March 07, 2006, 03:00:16 pm
Would you boo or cheer?

I'd probably cheer because he'd no longer be on the university's payroll. Yay!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: opineonswine on March 08, 2006, 12:23:23 am
neither

You know, whatever happens Nolan would get some pleasure out of it.  If he would get booed he would feel vindicated.  Like, "See, I was right, everyone here is a red-neck racist."  If we cheer...well...that actually may make him angry, I don't know.

What I would like to see is...

You know when one of our guys are shooting freethrows, how quiet it gets in BWA.  How you can almost hear a pin drop?  I think it would just be nice for it to be dead silent.  Where you could only hear the T.V. or radio guys talking.  Obviously, this could never be pulled off, but that is the message I would want to send...

"We are not going to boo you, because of the pride and glory you brought to this state.  But we are not going to cheer you either, because of the way you spoke about us and tried to hurt us.  We appreciate the good you did.  We don't appreciate the bad you did.  Therefore we are silent."

That would be my message.
Retired Radio Host

jkstock04

I'd probably boo with everybody else....maybe the policy of if you can't say anything nice don't say nothing at all would be the right approach...but, why should I still respect him him...and even cheer him after what he pulled???  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don't think he likes white folks too very much...well, I'm as white as they come...so why should I cheer for someone that wouldn't like me??  Ya...I think I'd boo....but, the question's kinda moot anyways, no way he'll end up at Ole Miss...he thinks we're racist here???  Hahahaha...I'm sure the Ole Miss Rebs would be a hell of a lot more racist...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

J Man

Treat him like the Jerk he became.  I would pet and talk nice to my dog until he bites me.  Then I kick the sh_t out of him.   We all treated Nolan with respect as long as he respected us.  He stopped respecting us a long time ago, and does not deserve any from us.  I say kick his a$$ in the parking lot before he goes into the arena.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: J Man on March 08, 2006, 07:17:57 am
Treat him like the Jerk he became.  I would pet and talk nice to my dog until he bites me.  Then I kick the sh_t out of him.   We all treated Nolan with respect as long as he respected us.  He stopped respecting us a long time ago, and does not deserve any from us.  I say kick his a$$ in the parking lot before he goes into the arena.

1.  Didn't always treat Nolan with respect.  He was treated very poorly his first 3 yrs. here.
2.  That DOES NOT excuse his actions towards us as he was leaving.
3.  His actions DO NOT excuse our actions if we were to boo him.
4.  Funny that you would use the illustration of your dog when refering to Nolan.

Retired Radio Host

othermac

I would cheer like crazy for the razorbacks to kick his butt, and hopefully it would be one of those where his players overplayed fake passes and we loaded up with layups and easy baskets because his players were out of position. remember those, ole miss did it to us every time they played us and damn near beat us everytime they played us. i know i would not like the hogs losing to a team of his. i could hear the post game show now, how he remembered something his grannie told him, and how he told his players this, and how he went thru this and how he did that.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: TulsaFan on March 07, 2006, 11:16:26 pm
I can't help but to think that if Nolan went to Ole Miss, it would only be to smite Arkansas.  It makes no sense for NOLAN RICHARDSON, of all people, to move to the most racist area of the country (I know..I've lived there).  There are too many other places for him to coach, that would be much more conducive for him.  I wouldn't boo him, I would just have to laugh and enjoy what would probably end up being one hell of a rivalry...as a result.

I lived there, too, and I didn't think it was some racist suckhole.

The Ozarks have Mississippi laid in the shade on that score, IMO.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

RAZORBART

Quote from: gmb_79 on March 07, 2006, 05:52:13 pm
Boo or cheer?  Neither.

I agree !

And for those that continue to rail coach Broyles, ***BULLETIN ***
He was NOT the one that fired Nolan. I am not saying he didn't have a hand in it but White was the one that brought it up and finalized it. Broyles made mistakes, sure he did and those among you without fault, go ahead and stone the hell out of them both but at least get your story correct while your bragging about your accomplishments.

othermac

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on March 08, 2006, 08:29:03 am
I can't help but to think that if Nolan went to Ole Miss, it would only be to smite Arkansas.  It makes no sense for NOLAN RICHARDSON, of all people, to move to the most racist area of the country (I know..I've lived there).  There are too many other places for him to coach, that would be much more conducive for him.  I wouldn't boo him, I would just have to laugh and enjoy what would probably end up being one hell of a rivalry...as a result.

that's no surprise, people always thinks someone else is worse
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: cardinalhawg on March 07, 2006, 07:44:27 pm
That would get him off the payroll, but then again if a white person made some of the racial inflammatory remarks he made, then the person would probably be blacklisted for life. 

Just for the record, a white person did, and he kept his job.  His name is Frank Broyles. 

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 08, 2006, 06:55:45 am
so why should I cheer for someone that wouldn't like me?? 

The only reason he wouldn't like you is if you were racist.  It wasn't that he didn't like white people, he just didn't like racist white people.  He thought he should be treated the same as a white coach would if he had done what Nolan did. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

ridgeback

Noland is the biggest racist living in NWA!!!! The majority of the Hog fans are not!!! They just want to go to a game and watch a winner. You know , get away for an afternoon, relax and feel that your entertainment dollars were spent in a wise manner. Noland took all that away with the " I am the only resone these white trash people have a life. I am the U of A, worship me redneck trash. Without me ya'll are nothin". Where are the tank's Noland, we're still waiting? All that being said, I would do just what Uglyuncle said. Noland feeds off of hate. Its what he's full of. So let him starve.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: dubyacee on March 08, 2006, 09:26:40 am
Quote from: cardinalhawg on March 07, 2006, 07:44:27 pm
That would get him off the payroll, but then again if a white person made some of the racial inflammatory remarks he made, then the person would probably be blacklisted for life. 

Just for the record, a white person did, and he kept his job.  His name is Frank Broyles. 

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 08, 2006, 06:55:45 am
so why should I cheer for someone that wouldn't like me?? 

The only reason he wouldn't like you is if you were racist.  It wasn't that he didn't like white people, he just didn't like racist white people.  He thought he should be treated the same as a white coach would if he had done what Nolan did. 

Didn't Nolan have a reputation in regards to be more vocal and public with his remarks?  If people lost jobs due to comments made in private and semi-private settings then no one would be working in America and the economy would go to pot.

Nolan not only seems proud to make his comments to the press or at press conferences apparently he has no remorse for the comments and thinks he is justified for saying such things.  It seems that he needs to get the chip off his shoulder and reflect on things with an open mind and Christian perspective.

HogInaStrangeLand

I'd clap for him enthusiastically.

Maybe cheer him on when he starts getting on to the officials.

And cheer like a madman for the hogs and Heath.

WichitaStateRazorback

4thdownnutt

BOO turdhead nolan.  I'm not sure winning a NC is worth all of this.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: othermac on March 08, 2006, 08:57:12 am
Quote from: NaturalStateReb on March 08, 2006, 08:29:03 am

that's no surprise, people always thinks someone else is worse

Been to Harrison recently?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

razorbackfan4life

I don't know what I would do.  I know I would be in disbelief seeing him on the opposing bench.

pigture perfect

Treat him like the Jerk he became.  I would pet and talk nice to my dog until he bites me.  Then I kick the sh_t out of him.   We all treated Nolan with respect as long as he respected us.  He stopped respecting us a long time ago, and does not deserve any from us.  I say kick his a$$ in the parking lot before he goes into the arena.
Nolan would be no man to mess with just for the sake of it. You would probably be in for an all day fight. With gaurds and family around him, no telling what weapons might appear. Not that he would need them. He's pretty stout.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SuperHog

well this "Redneck S.O.B." would not cheer nor boo him, when his name was announced, I would stand in complete silence so to deny nolan the joy of knowing that he got under my skin and annoyed me.  Yes-he took our program to another level, but his day is over and in my opinion, the way he went out talking about race and all his other crap almost negates all the good accomplishments he had while on the hill.

One more thing-If Nolan thinks F'ville is racist, then maybe he does need to go down to the "Ole South".  He'll come back thinking the NAACP should have their home office in F'ville.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

Hawgin84

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 08, 2006, 10:33:11 pm
Nolan would be no man to mess with just for the sake of it. You would probably be in for an all day fight. With gaurds and family around him, no telling what weapons might appear. Not that he would need them. He's pretty stout.

He might pull a tank out of his pocket and mess you up!  ;D

Texasbite

I'd have signs that say "Stan makes 1 million a year, how about you?" or "This is the House Bud Walton Built" or "We should have won more that One National Championship" or "Finally got a Job" or "How's Rose like Mississippi?" or "Frank says HI" or "Was Old Miss your first Offer?" or "Doc Sadler got your Job" or "Good to see you, right" or "Where's Nolan III"

the donger

Quote from: Texasbite on March 09, 2006, 12:21:04 am
I'd have signs that say "Stan makes 1 million a year, how about you?" or "This is the House Bud Walton Built" or "We should have won more that One National Championship" or "Finally got a Job" or "How's Rose like Mississippi?" or "Frank says HI" or "Was Old Miss your first Offer?" or "Doc Sadler got your Job" or "Good to see you, right" or "Where's Nolan III"
Awesome!

Woogie

I apologize, but Nolan brought horrible charges of racism, etc. against the University from which I graduated and that I personally think is one of the greatest institutions of higher learning in the country.  I love the UofA and, IMO, anyone who says what he did about something I love will not get my respect.  I will be at BWA with my sign that says "Rollin' OVER Nolan"