Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 04:39:04 am

UAB

Started by razorbackfan4life, March 02, 2006, 08:51:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmary

Nolan's last class that he signed had Modica, Iguodala, Tobias, Mukubu, Rashard Sullivan and Demario Eddins.  Iguodala, Tobias and Eddins were released from their scholarships, Mukubu transferred after 2 years here.  Eddins is UAB's best player, but he popped his Achilles earlier this year.  Anyone notice that JJ Sullinger is starting for the Big Ten leading Ohio State Buckeyes?
That game last night was great...so much fun.  I am so happy for Mike and TJ.  Squeaky Johnson is fun to watch.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogmary on March 03, 2006, 10:55:54 am
Nolan's last class that he signed had Modica, Iguodala, Tobias, Mukubu, Rashard Sullivan and Demario Eddins.  Iguodala, Tobias and Eddins were released from their scholarships, Mukubu transferred after 2 years here.  Eddins is UAB's best player, but he popped his Achilles earlier this year.  Anyone notice that JJ Sullinger is starting for the Big Ten leading Ohio State Buckeyes?
That game last night was great...so much fun.  I am so happy for Mike and TJ.  Squeaky Johnson is fun to watch.

Eddins was never going to attend a class at the UA.  Was Tobias going to be eligible either? 

HognotinMemphis

March 03, 2006, 12:23:30 pm #102 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:27:06 pm by HoginMemphis
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 03, 2006, 09:24:43 am
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 03, 2006, 09:20:04 am
Quote from: ThunderHog on March 03, 2006, 08:53:34 am
Quote from: HogHeathen on March 03, 2006, 08:40:12 am
Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 10:56:14 pm
Just saw where coach Anderson has 20+ wins now for the 4th straight year.   Wouldn't that be nice.  And no, I'm not bashing Stan just saying it would be nice.

Not bashing Mike either, but he is coaching in an inferior league...

In three years, he has been to 2 NCAA second round games, one sweet 16 and a NIT quarter final....at FREAKIN' UAB.

How'd he do 4 tourneys in 3 years?

I'm just spitballin here, but my guess is that one of the second round games AND the sweet 16 appearance occurred in the same tourney.

Then no need to say "2 second round games" since if you made the sweet 16, it's quite obvious (to all but those so stupid they should be put in prison) that you also played a 2nd round NCAA game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 03, 2006, 12:23:30 pm
Then no need to say "2 second round games" since if you made the sweet 16, it's quite obvious (to all but those so stupid they should be put in prison) that you also played a 2nd round NCAA game.

No argument here.

It's "O-tay!"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Josef

Where is that guy that is a huge memphis basketball fan always talking them up???? Where are you son?  Your team just got owned by a team that lost to Western Kentuky by 16.....show yourself.

hoginator

Watched every second of it and loved it. First UAB game I've been able to watch from start to finish (the wife was ticked, but oh well). You know Coach A loved handing it to Callafairy(I think I even saw his hair move once in frustration).

:puke:
       MEMPHIS
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

wincrimson

Our sister school beats #3 Memphis... woohoo! ;)

Hog_from_Tulsa

Is Squeaky Johnson still playing at UAB.....
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Biggus Piggus

Squeaky is still there.  That was one exciting game to watch.  Man UAB is like playing five Tasmanian devils.  Mike really knows his stuff.  But I'd love to see him try a couple of different principles in rebounding.  They miss some boards not because of what they are doing on defense but because of what they don't do when the ball flies.  Just a little adjustment and they'd be even tougher to handle.

UAB needs to learn how to shoot free throws, too.  Ugh.
[CENSORED]!

hoggystyle78

A match up against UAB makes me nervous, I'm not sure our guys could handle that kind of in your face pressure for a full 40 minutes. They will have to be disciplined enough to Pound the ball down low and try to make the blazers play out of a half court set. I'm not so sure they are disciplined enough to do that, if not, they could get run off the court.

wincrimson

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on March 03, 2006, 06:52:52 pm
A match up against UAB makes me nervous, I'm not sure our guys could handle that kind of in your face pressure for a full 40 minutes. They will have to be disciplined enough to Pound the ball down low and try to make the blazers play out of a half court set. I'm not so sure they are disciplined enough to do that, if not, they could get run off the court.

Makes you nervous? You won't have to play them.

I can see it now... Alabama vs UAB in an 8/9 matchup. The committee would love to do that since there is always a lot of noise down here about the Tide not wanting to play the Blazers. I don't blame us, it'd be a tough one to win.

Nice sig btw. Go Sox!

fineswine

They are a less talented Tennessee-style team.  I like Mike Anderson, and wish him continued success.  This is the first year Heath has been here that I don't fear playing them.

Lokirain

The Blazers would absolutely kill the Tide.

wincrimson

Quote from: Lokirain on March 04, 2006, 11:24:52 am
The Blazers would absolutely kill the Tide.

Thanks for the info!