Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on March 06, 2018, 02:57:53 pm
What a great idea! Instead of Christians, we can have the Larry Nassars and Kevin Spaceys of the world fight to the death.
Think the NCAA would allow schools to pay the gladiators?   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

RazorbackDJT

Quote from: 1highhog on March 06, 2018, 12:02:23 pm
That's not an aquarium, that's going to be a swimming pool they decided to add as a late addition per Coach Morris suggestIng it, he said it would help with recruiting.
Where did they put a swimming pool?

Cotton

Quote from: RazorbackDJT on March 06, 2018, 04:25:45 pm
Where did they put a swimming pool?
At the end of the waterslides
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 06, 2018, 03:00:52 pm
Think the NCAA would allow schools to pay the gladiators?   
of course not. They're criminal-athletes. We're paying them plenty by giving them the chance maybe not to die today.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

riccoar

GoHogzzGo

Looks like they are starting to put the second level seating back on again. This time a bit closer to the middle.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

FaytownHog

FaytownHog

Peter Porker

The steel used for the expansion was fabricated here in Arkansas by the largest steel fabricator in North America.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 13, 2018, 01:30:04 pm
The steel used for the expansion was fabricated here in Arkansas by the largest steel fabricator in North America.

Would that be Nucor over at Blytheville?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2018, 02:33:45 pm
Would that be Nucor over at Blytheville?

Probably talking about Prospect Steel, they fabricate it, Nucor might have made it.

Tusks

In the Mayan culture the games went on for a couple of days and the losing team was beheaded.

Just sayin.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bphi11ips

Quote from: tusked on March 13, 2018, 03:16:49 pm
In the Mayan culture the games went on for a couple of days and the losing team was beheaded.

Just sayin.

I hope the NCAA doesn't adopt that rule.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

parallaxpig

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 28, 2018, 10:49:37 am
notice they are taking out the new pigscreen. any idea what the purpose is of that?

defective----manufacturer is fixing/replacing......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

twistitup

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 13, 2018, 03:24:51 pm

The players would give 100%

SooieGeneris

Quote from: oldhawg on February 24, 2018, 01:12:41 pm
Within my lifetime:

The first expansion of Razorback Stadium that I remember was in 1965 when seating capacity was increased from 30,000 to 38,000, essentially from a large high school stadium to a larger high school stadium. 

Stadium size, no lights in the stadium, smaller population of the greater Fayetteville area, and the difficult road system in Northwest Arkansas are some of things that made playing in War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock desirable. 

This is not intended to be a stadium debate, but rather a simple comparison of Razorback Stadium prior to the beginning of Frank Broyles's tenure as Coach/Athletic Director, and the palatial structure  that the stadium is today.  Something for Arkansans to be proud of.

That's what a lot of people don't get. For many years, the rationale for playing 3 games in LR was HWY 71 and the lower population, things that are no longer applicable and haven't been since 1999.

Wee Wally and the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville crowd would spin this as something for NWA to be proud of..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2018, 03:04:34 pm
Probably talking about Prospect Steel, they fabricate it, Nucor might have made it.

Got it. Thanks.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooieGeneris

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 13, 2018, 03:24:51 pm

The rule wouldn't apply to UNC, UK and the "marquee" basketball programs and certain football programs, just the great unwashed like all but a handful of programs, like all the other NCAA rules...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2018, 03:27:49 pm
The players would give 100%

During the game and literally afterwards if they lost.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

They're starting to piece together the 2nd level. I'll add more pictures later when it gets a little brighter
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

At this rate, they may have the 2nd level in place within a week
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

twistitup

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 15, 2018, 10:16:01 am

When does the aquarium get installed?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 15, 2018, 10:16:01 am

Very cool! Fun watching the 2nd level go in.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

311Hog

March 15, 2018, 12:56:52 pm #1624 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:57:54 pm by 311Hog
man i watched a crane operator work some magic this morning on this site.  guy lowered  a big piece of "stairs" down through the top of the corner column on razorback road.  All with single cable and wind blowing that thing was spinning and swaying but he never dinged the sides on the way down.

Cotton

Quote from: 311Hog on March 15, 2018, 12:56:52 pm
man i watched a crane operator work some magic this mourning on this site.  guy lowered  a big piece of "stairs" down through the top of the corner column on razorback road.  All with single cable and wind blowing that thing was spinning and swaying but he never dinged the sides on the way down.
$30/Hr he better be able to.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 10:34:27 am
When does the aquarium get installed?
They have to finish the 80's style arcade first.  Aquarium goes on top of that.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

twistitup

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 15, 2018, 01:55:43 pm
They have to finish the 80's style arcade first.  Aquarium goes on top of that.

I knew it was going close to the end of the project when it gets installed. Can't wait to play DigDug and watch the fish swim from below. I believe they said the arcade will have a glass ceiling.

riccoar

bphi11ips

The gap is starting to grow on me. Viewed from that southern angle with the basic structure in place frames the hill well.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Cotton on March 15, 2018, 01:48:17 pm
$30/Hr he better be able to.
If he's getting $30/hr they really lowballed the bid. I make 30 and I don't do ish

SooieGeneris

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 16, 2018, 09:26:56 pm
If he's getting $30/hr they really lowballed the bid. I make 30 and I don't do ish

Yeah, it's funny that he seems to think that's a lot of money for highly skilled labor..

twistitup

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 11:21:41 am
The gap is starting to grow on me.

Starting? I've loved gaps for years -

Nothing better than a nice gap

goodguytex

I'm looking forward to seeing the glass go in on the suites, and that whole side. That's when it will really start showing it's elegance to me.

twistitup

Quote from: goodguytex on March 17, 2018, 06:12:48 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing the glass go in on the suites, and that whole side. That's when it will really start showing it's elegance to me.

no doubt about it....it's all about the elegance.

JLong & Brett--nothin' but elegance

I don't know about everyone else....but I'm looking forward to winning some football games

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: twistitup on March 17, 2018, 05:26:33 am
Starting? I've loved gaps for years -

Nothing better than a nice gap

What? No Hooker and Whiskey Suite?
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

twistitup

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on March 17, 2018, 06:57:05 pm
What? No Hooker and Whiskey Suite?

If you sit on the upper west side we have whiskey readily available and we have the best view of the new gap - it's almost like a suite, but it's sweet in a different kind of way

goodguytex

Quote from: twistitup on March 17, 2018, 06:48:05 pm
no doubt about it....it's all about the elegance.

JLong & Brett--nothin' but elegance

I don't know about everyone else....but I'm looking forward to winning some football games
well sure. But football stadium improvements don't win football games anyway. We don't yet know if Morris can either. Hope he can. We will see.

hogcards

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 11:21:41 am
The gap is starting to grow on me. Viewed from that southern angle with the basic structure in place frames the hill well.

When is this thing finalized?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

ricepig

Quote from: hogcards on March 20, 2018, 09:27:18 am
When is this thing finalized?

When they finish it in August.

LZH

Is that steel scaffolding-looking structure on the north end of the east stands permanent? Is that for stairs or something?

Add: I guess it is, from the view from the hill it looks like they are adding panels to enclose it.

bphi11ips

Quote from: LZH on March 20, 2018, 09:50:22 am
Is that steel scaffolding-looking structure on the north end of the east stands permanent? Is that for stairs or something?

Add: I guess it is, from the view from the hill it looks like they are adding panels to enclose it.

Elevators?

twistitup

Quote from: goodguytex on March 18, 2018, 04:29:51 pm
well sure. But football stadium improvements don't win football games anyway.
[/quote

Do they help recruiting?

goodguytex

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 20, 2018, 09:50:22 am

Both corners will have elevators and stairs to speed up the ascent to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors, and the upper decks.

twistitup

Mike Irwin

There is no way the home entrance to the stadium should look like this. I asked Jeff Long one day, "Would you build a home with brick on the sides and back while leaving the front covered in metal siding with exposed steel beams?" He didn't say anything.

They need to either build over the street and create a nice big entrance area on what is now the elevated parking lot west of the stadium or take the road down a level an build over it at the bottom of the west stands.

ricepig

Well, the other side is a "home" entrance too. Your ideas are great, but getting the AHDT to agree and funding it are two big hurdles.

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2018, 11:18:01 am
Both corners will have elevators and stairs to speed up the ascent to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors, and the upper decks.
Waterslide will only be located on the Upper West side though.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

twistitup

Quote from: Cotton on March 21, 2018, 08:58:40 am
Waterslide will only be located on the Upper West side though.

Bingo...

It's a 'destination location'