Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montaric Brown soon?

Started by Pork Ranger, October 02, 2017, 08:18:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Saw there was a 247 article listing that as a 'possibility' against USCe. Y'all think he'll get in?

ricepig

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 02, 2017, 08:18:16 pm
Saw there was a 247 article listing that as a 'possibility' against USCe. Y'all think he'll get in?

He'll either play in this game, or redshirt.

swineology

Tarheelhawg

We could use the extra speed on special teams. 

lakecityhog

I am always in favor of redshirting, but in this case we need to understand Brown's plans. If his plan is to leave after 3 years then play him, if he plans to stay til he graduates then redshirt him.

chanhog1996

Would this not be a waste of a redshirt?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: chanhog1996 on October 02, 2017, 08:23:57 pm
Depends on how much he contributes and whether or not he plans to stay long enough to make a RS worth it

snoot hoggy hog

Transition to a 3-4 gotta get the pups ready. Plus he might be better at tracking the ball than some other players we know.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

EastexHawg

Quote from: chanhog1996 on October 02, 2017, 08:23:57 pm

I think the "let's build the program" ship sailed a while back.  Now it's all about saving Bielema's job.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 02, 2017, 08:53:16 pm
I think the "let's build the program" ship sailed a while back.  Now it's all about saving Bielema's job.

Maybe we will finally see some results now that conservative roster management is out the window.

I've been wondering if Will Gragg will graduate early and transfer.
This is my non-signature signature.

onebadrubi

Didn't that article say most likely if he gets in against USC it would be on special teams? 

I honestly would be fine with the redshirt staying on him at this point. If he could have played from famu till now, that's a lot of good tape to learn from. But from mere speculation stand point, I think he only plays on defense if injuries occurs and I'm not extremely exited about burning his redshirt for special teams.

ChicoHog

I'd rather redshirt him than him just play on special teams and some token time on defense.  We will need DBs and especially safeties next year with Lidell and Coley gone. 

swineology

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 02, 2017, 08:22:29 pm
We could use the extra speed on special teams.

He"s not a 4 year guy, Burn it Bert

onebadrubi

Quote from: swineology on October 02, 2017, 09:14:29 pm

He needs weight and I think many would agree with you. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: swineology on October 02, 2017, 09:14:29 pm
well bert isn't a 4 year guy either.  so that is beside the point.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 09:43:25 pm

We don't know how whether it's 5-6-7 or 8. Whatever Bret is, it don't look good right this second.
This is my non-signature signature.

onebadrubi

He's a redshirt senior?

PorkSoda

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2017, 09:44:58 pm
He's a redshirt senior?
mean that CBB wont be here when Montaric graduates (in 4 years), so to RS or not is not likely even a consideration.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 10:01:14 pm
mean that CBB wont be here when Montaric graduates (in 4 years), so to RS or not is not likely even a consideration.

Haha I know.  What just making fun of Bielema's "classification".

870hogfan

Seebs

Buster is gone in three - play him when you can or get Philoned.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on October 03, 2017, 06:55:43 am
Buster is gone in three - play him when you can or get Philoned.

Huh? The guy shows up late, hasn't seen the field, and HV says he's a 3 year guy.......typical.

jgphillips3

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2017, 07:04:32 am
Huh? The guy shows up late, hasn't seen the field, and HV says he's a 3 year guy.......typical.

He's got NFL talent and we know he's not a great student.  If he can help, put him on the field.

rhames

I've always been one that believes in playing the players who are the best and give you the best chance to win.

If the staff thinks brown can do that, go for it.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pork Ranger

Anything new on this? Expected to play today?

Dominicanhog

perfect RS opp.. showed up late and didn't get acclimated quick enough to learn the plays... will benefit... if he plays, he must be special...

Porkchop#1

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 02, 2017, 09:12:26 pm
I'd rather redshirt him than him just play on special teams and some token time on defense.  We will need DBs and especially safeties next year with Lidell and Coley gone.
If he knows enough to stay with in an arms reach of a receiver, and knock the football away before the other guy catches it, or better yet, even catch it himself or...... if he can grab the ball carrier around the legs and force the guy to the ground, he'd be a nice upgrade right now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 02, 2017, 11:37:20 pm

Who is Bert?

It is what insecure people call Bret Bielema to try and belittle him to make themselves feel bigger.

Athog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 10:01:14 pm

Based on your mind??

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 02, 2017, 09:12:26 pm

We always bitch about our special teams. One way to improve it is to put your great players on special teams. I say do it.

Al Boarland

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 02, 2017, 08:23:05 pm
I am always in favor of redshirting, but in this case we need to understand Brown's plans. If his plan is to leave after 3 years then play him, if he plans to stay til he graduates then redshirt him.

He planning on transferring after 3 years?

RedyorNot

Quote from: rhames on October 03, 2017, 07:15:31 am
I've always been one that believes in playing the players who are the best and give you the best chance to win.

If the staff thinks brown can do that, go for it.

Yep! Special teams cost us the A&M game, if he can make a positive impact, let's see what he can do-

Arkansas Fan

He probably doesn't even know what his plans are. And most of y'all have this mindset that most of our players will only be here three years, which is hardly the case. Brown just needs to redshirt.

texas tush hog

Au contraire, my dear sir, he is a seven year guy, book it.

Hoggish1

So, how do you determine that?