Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas loses a commitment

Started by wps1, July 18, 2015, 10:21:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wps1

Tamia Braggs detracts her commitment to Arkansas via twitter:

"I am no longer committed to Arkansas, I have decided it's in my best interest to explore better options for myself"

"I would like to thank Arkansas for recruiting me and I wish the best to them in future endeavors"

psycHOGlogist

Interesting. Thanks for sharing the info.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hogtied85

Has anyone find out any info to why she decomnitted???

jseinfeld50

July 22, 2015, 05:09:35 am #5 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:24:08 pm by jseinfeld50
Haven't heard anything. Time to find another one.

jackflash

Lets try and turn this around. Does anyone know of any new recruits this staff is on. Who do they have a chance of getting?

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: jackflash on July 22, 2015, 07:59:01 pm
Lets try and turn this around. Does anyone know of any new recruits this staff is on. Who do they have a chance of getting?

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on July 21, 2015, 05:44:39 pm
Names that have been mentioned in connection with WBB (all rankings from Hoopgurlz)

#10 Tyasha Harris - 5'10" PG, Heritage Christian School (IN)
#34 Aaliyah Wilson - 5'9"-5'11" G/W, Muskogee (OK)
#67 Aahliyah Jackson - 6'0" G/W, Northside (AR)

Have no idea how serious a player we are for any of these, tbh. And fwiw, Wilson is one prospect who is actually rated much higher (top 20) on prospectsnation. Her height is listed differently in different places, as well. Growth spurt?

Non-ranked prospects:
Brice Calip, 5'9" G - Sapulpa, OK - supposedly an AR lean.
Jada Ford, 5,9" G - Muskogee, OK - not as sure about this one.

I'm sure there are a lot more I haven't heard about, but these are some names that people think we are still in the hunt for. Obviously, I hope that CJD has some players with size on his radar, too. Will post more if I find out more.

(I am *hoping* that at least one reason for Bragg's de-commitment is that we have found someone -- or -ones -- tall we like better. Bragg recently started following Santa Clara WBB on twitter, and I think she has a friend committed there, so maybe she just wants to stay out west with her buds?)

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

wps1

According to a tweet from Delta Report, Kiara Williams has an offer from Arkansas. I could be wrong, but I believe she is from Little Rock Central.

"#deltareport 2016 #11 Kiara Williams @armavs offers: AR AZ AR State Ole Miss Little Rock IN State MO State"

Family3579

In all honesty and fairness to Tamia she technically did NOT change her mind on Arkansas. Coach Dykes called and said he made a mistake and that he jumped in to early. It was a sad situation that she had to go through. She took the high road and chose not to go into detail about what happened because she was embarrassed. She did radio and media for the team and now to have to turn around and tell people this happened. It was unfair to her and hopefully in the future they will do a better job. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Family3579 on July 26, 2015, 06:43:50 am
In all honesty and fairness to Tamia she technically did NOT change her mind on Arkansas. Coach Dykes called and said he made a mistake and that he jumped in to early. It was a sad situation that she had to go through. She took the high road and chose not to go into detail about what happened because she was embarrassed. She did radio and media for the team and now to have to turn around and tell people this happened. It was unfair to her and hopefully in the future they will do a better job. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

From what I understand, what you are saying is accurate. 

Sometimes the recruitment process is unfair and even brutal, and often that is the best of circumstances for some.  I appreciate Tamia's willingness to come be a part of the razorbacks and I appreciate her taking the high road.  That is always a good reflection on a young person and on those who raised her/him.  My best wishes for Tamia's future.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 26, 2015, 07:33:57 am

From what I understand, what you are saying is accurate. 

Sometimes the recruitment process is unfair and even brutal, and often that is the best of circumstances for some.  I appreciate Tamia's willingness to come be a part of the razorbacks and I appreciate her taking the high road.  That is always a good reflection on a young person and on those who raised her/him.  My best wishes for Tamia's future.

Hear hear. Sounds like a very unfortunate coaching mistake, but it sounds like Tamia is a mature person with a supportive family. Wish her nothing but the best as she makes her college choice.