Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's not the players fault.

Started by hobhog, January 17, 2018, 08:22:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Let's hope they get on a run late. Anderson is working himself out of a job but they can pull a Matt Jones late and save MAs job.

ShadowHawg

Macon is the problem. Can't hide the guy on defense and is playing hero ball on offense. His team mates are beginning to get weary of it. A lot of bad body language after he does some of his antics.

Dr. Starcs

The lack of attention to detail on offense and defense is the problem.

Paul

It's obvious that Mike is the problem

Smalltownhog95

Macon and chasing the ball to trap (again) is killing us. Thought we did alot better last year at trapping more strategic but now guys are chasing and leaving WIDE open 3's
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 17, 2018, 09:17:09 pm
Macon and chasing the ball to trap (again) is killing us. Thought we did alot better last year at trapping more strategic but now guys are chasing and leaving WIDE open 3's

I always thought Macon could be a Clint McDaniel type on defense. He just doesn't have the want too.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 09:18:47 pm
I always thought Macon could be a Clint McDaniel type on defense. He just doesn't have the want too.

I'm not seeing a team player. Doesn't work on D. Selfish on offense.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hoglady

Bull - the players know how to play better ball than they are playing right now.
We saw it earlier this year when they were sharing the ball, playing defense, playing hard and with intensity.
Not seeing much of that right now.
Sure Anderson takes some blame - but it's not like the players don't know what to do.
They just aren't doing it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hobhog

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 10:27:15 pm
Bull - the players know how to play better ball than they are playing right now.
We saw it earlier this year when they were sharing the ball, playing defense, playing hard and with intensity.
Not seeing much of that right now.
Sure Anderson takes some blame - but it's not like the players don't know what to do.
They just aren't doing it.

Isn't that the definition of bad coaching?

Coach V. Slocombe

I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 10:56:42 pm
But it is the players also, your take was that it was not. This game was lost in the first 8 minutes because the sr guards played as if there was no concern about the outcome, playing absolutely horrible defense! There are major attitude issues on this team right now, they may not win more than 6 games without some serious changes.

hobhog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 17, 2018, 11:03:36 pm
But it is the players also, your take was that it was not. This game was lost in the first 8 minutes because the sr guards played as if there was no concern about the outcome, playing absolutely horrible defense! There are major attitude issues on this team right now, they may not win more than 6 games without some serious changes.

My point was that lets hope a player pulls a "Matt Jones" and plays incredible ball and saves his coaches job. It's not happening. MA is toast.

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 10:56:42 pm

No - bad coaching would be them not knowing what to do or how to work together as a team.
I'm not saying Anderson doesn't deserve some of the blame - but it's on the players, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog.goblin

The problem is we only have 3 SEC caliber players on the team and one of them is a true freshman.