Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA Bears 6-1; ranked #4 in FCS

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, October 23, 2017, 12:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Just took a gander at the FCS poll, I knew UCA was in the rankings but didn't realize they're Top 5 now.

HUUUUUGGGGEEE game this weekend for them as they play powerhouse McNeese St.  McNeese is ranked 20 and also 6-1.

This is also homecoming for UCA.  Hog fans, go fill Estes Stadium and root on a winner of a program that's on the come up.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HardingHog

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 23, 2017, 12:42:43 pm
Just took a gander at the FCS poll, I knew UCA was in the rankings but didn't realize they're Top 5 now.

HUUUUUGGGGEEE game this weekend for them as they play powerhouse McNeese St.  McNeese is ranked 20 and also 6-1.

This is also homecoming for UCA.  Hog fans, go fill Estes Stadium and root on a winner of a program that's on the come up.

Nah

OtterHog

No thanks. I listen to enough UCA people crap on the Hogs every chance they get as it is.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 23, 2017, 12:42:43 pm

I'll pass. This is hogville. Not beaville. Couldn't care less bout UCA

EastTNHog

Yikes.  I must be in a dark place.  I clicked on a UCA thread out of curiosity.

factchecker

Why would I go fill up a stadium for a fanbase that wishes nothing but trouble and losses for our team?

Why would I go fill up a stadium for a fanbase (who like jonesboro tech) celebrated the death of Frank Broyles?

The only logical reason I'd go to the game is if admission was free..... and it should be seeing that conway college primarily runs on tax money and student fees.

This thread is the what happens when some of your fanbase are non-contributors whose only connection to the Razorbacks is bitching on hogville.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

I've been wanting to go see UCA, but refuse to watch a game on that abomination of a field.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RME

Do Texas fans go cheer for Sam Houston State when Texas is having a bad year?

hogsanity

The administration at UCA want to drop back a division because of how much money being fcs costs. Red ink all over their balance sheet due to football. Still have to pay for it all and little to no media money coming in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 03:43:05 pm
The administration at UCA want to drop back a division because of how much money being fcs costs. Red ink all over their balance sheet due to football. Still have to pay for it all and little to no media money coming in.

They'll just increase the student fees, take in more subsidies, and blame the Razorbacks for all their troubles.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogfan14

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 23, 2017, 03:40:40 pm
Do Texas fans go cheer for Sam Houston State when Texas is having a bad year?

There are some A&M fans I know who root for both. Some have degrees from both like I'm sure some do from UCA and UA.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 03:40:25 pm
I've been wanting to go see UCA, but refuse to watch a game on that abomination of a field.

Winner. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Excuse me please but I have been out of Arkansas for years.  Is this the Arkansas State Teachers College of yesteryear.  I will be rooting for them.  I am an Arkansas fan first, anything Arkansas.  My favorite football team in Arkansas is the University of Arkansas.  While my mind may be very average, it isn't so small I cannot want all the Arkansas teams to do well

Sweet Feet

I sense slight butthurt in the thread

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 03:43:05 pm

78% of their funding is from subsidies:

http://projects.huffingtonpost.com/projects/ncaa/subsidy-scorecards/university-of-central-arkansas
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Fan1958

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 03:38:18 pm
Why would I go fill up a stadium for a fanbase that wishes nothing but trouble and losses for our team?

Why would I go fill up a stadium for a fanbase (who like jonesboro tech) celebrated the death of Frank Broyles?

The only logical reason I'd go to the game is if admission was free..... and it should be seeing that conway college primarily runs on tax money and student fees.

This thread is the what happens when some of your fanbase are non-contributors whose only connection to the Razorbacks is bitching on hogville.

Show me a link where this can be fact checked, factchecker.  I read this board quite often and never see anything negative from anybody claiming to be a UCA (Arkansas Tech, SAU, Henderson) grad or fan.  In fact, my experience tells me the majority of folks who attend colleges and universities within the state of Arkansas, or are graduates of a college or university within the state of Arkansas, are Razorback fans. 

I think some folks on this board just like to see how high their post count can be and never give an iota of thought to what they are posting.

And if the only contributors to the U of A program are Hogville members, good luck on any "buyout."  There wouldn't be enough money in the program to rent a bus to get the team to Conway to play UCA.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".