Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Ferrell offered...

Started by ricepig, December 07, 2017, 05:16:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

bjeffersonhog

nice to see him not wasting any time getting offers out to the in state kids. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Would love to snag Ferrell and also get Gooden back in the fold.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 07, 2017, 05:29:23 pm
nice to see him not wasting any time getting offers out to the in state kids. 

Wonder if he'll look at Bishop too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Soooie21

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 07, 2017, 05:40:49 pm

Jefferson sounded good too. Those three would go a long way toward shoring up the middle.

Pork Ranger

Kevin

Why were these Arkansas boys not offered sooner
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Love that kid on the field.  His HUDL tape will make you even more pissed at Bielema.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2017, 06:24:38 pm

That's the $12 million dollar question
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Grumpypenguin

How the Frank was he not offered sooner?

JIHawg

JaketheSnake

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 07, 2017, 06:25:07 pm
Love that kid on the field.  His HUDL tape will make you even more pissed at Bielema.
no kidding, i LOVE that tape.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Academics, hopefully he'll qualify.

Rolen27

Nice to know Coach Morris already knows about the REDBUGS!!

hawgwatcher

Saw somewhere else that Lunney is who called Ferrell today and then put him in touch with CMM. Can anyone confirm that Lunney has been retained?
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

theFlyingHog

Hogfan46

Previous coach would only offer in-state kids after they were fully academically qualified.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Hogfan46 on December 07, 2017, 07:29:37 pm
Previous coach would only offer in-state kids after they were fully academically qualified.

Previous coach also said he should have recruited more oline and d line.......and here we are....in much better hands.

RazorPiggie

Hopefully he qualifies. I had no problem with the way BB handled in state kids. It's delicate.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 07, 2017, 05:40:49 pm
Gooden tweeted yesterday that he couldn't wait to talk to Coach Morris.

The Hawg Marshal

I'd like to see them get back on Bishop too, if it's not already too late.

31to6

Quote from: hawgwatcher on December 07, 2017, 07:20:14 pm
Saw somewhere else that Lunney is who called Ferrell today and then put him in touch with CMM. Can anyone confirm that Lunney has been retained?
Lunney is the kind of guy who will keep doing the job he has until he knows for sure he doesn't.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 07, 2017, 08:25:41 pm
I'd like to see them get back on Bishop too, if it's not already too late.

I think the coaching change at MSU may help, but I believe Mullins has offered him at FL now too.

Wooderson

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2017, 07:05:52 pm
Academics, hopefully he'll qualify.

If we are not going to sign 25 then why would academics matter?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Wooderson

Just watched his highlights.  His sophomore highlights were fantastic looked very explosive.  His senior highlights he didn't seem to have the same explosiveness on the defensive side.  However, his blocking skills looked phenomenal.  Looked like a fantastic oline prospect.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wooderson on December 07, 2017, 08:50:09 pm

He can't sign.

emdavenp

Quote from: Wooderson on December 07, 2017, 08:50:09 pm

I don't think we're signing 25. I thought it wasn't going to be much more than 15.

Wooderson

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on December 07, 2017, 09:14:03 pm
Why can't he

You can sign someone who doesn't end up qualifying, but you lose that scholarship for that incoming class. Now, you can give it to a grad transfer or walkon, but you lose it as an initial qualifier.

CHELLO300

Reminds me of Shawn Andrews in high school

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2017, 09:17:37 pm
You can sign someone who doesn't end up qualifying, but you lose that scholarship for that incoming class. Now, you can give it to a grad transfer or walkon, but you lose it as an initial qualifier.

What Rice said. You don't want him to sign if he won't make it academically.

Oklahawg

Bet that coach gets real close to a 25-man class. Yes, a couple might be "sign and place" guys knowing we can't roster all 25 next fall.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 07, 2017, 08:47:20 pm
I think the coaching change at MSU may help, but I believe Mullins has offered him at FL now too.
Yeah I saw where Mullen had offered him at Florida.  I don't know if CCM will even offer him though, so it might not matter.

TheRazorback500

Fordyce, huh? Cool! Nothing wrong with them redbugs. Good looking prospect.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on December 07, 2017, 06:35:12 pm

He probably skipped breakfast a year and a half ago or was 2 minutes late to a meeting the year before last..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Foshodo

my guess is the 3 star 1166 ranked player played a part...

Wooderson

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2017, 09:17:37 pm

Correct you it counts against the 25. It does not hurt your 85 total.  Since we only have 18 scholarships available then who cares if we lose it. We could technically sign and place 7 guys. Granted with a new coach and possible transfers we dont want to get caught losing a bunch of scholarships. The previous regime should have had zero reservations about getting a few sign and place guys.

z-pak

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2017, 05:16:18 pm
https://twitter.com/7_Bjferrell/status/938907017070174208

Proud to receive an offer from the University of Arkansas!!🔴⚪️🐗 #WooPig https://t.co/T7zscSwX5Y
RicePig is right.  It was academics.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on December 08, 2017, 05:48:45 am
Correct you it counts against the 25. It does not hurt your 85 total.  Since we only have 18 scholarships available then who cares if we lose it. We could technically sign and place 7 guys. Granted with a new coach and possible transfers we dont want to get caught losing a bunch of scholarships. The previous regime should have had zero reservations about getting a few sign and place guys.

So, just for the sake of argument, let's say you can sign 18 and you are down to offering/signing someone who is a grade risk, and Emmit Gooden, who do you sign? I'm not saying this is the case, it's just a hypothetical, you could use any commit.

Wooderson

Both because you will still be under the 25.  You sign 19. If both make it you force someone to transfer or cut someone who is on the 85 off scholarship. 

If we were needing to bring in a full 25 because we were at 60 scholarship players you would of course sign the qualified one.  That's not the case.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wooderson on December 08, 2017, 05:48:45 am

You care because you can count back. If we only sign 18 this year, we can sign 32 next year. As long as they're January enrollees.  Having a new staff certainly ensures there will be transfers in the spring.  So, a couple sign and place guys wouldn't hurt. But it's not ideal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Didn't Brown supposedly have some academic risk last year?

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on December 08, 2017, 07:38:51 am
Both because you will still be under the 25.  You sign 19. If both make it you force someone to transfer or cut someone who is on the 85 off scholarship. 

If we were needing to bring in a full 25 because we were at 60 scholarship players you would of course sign the qualified one.  That's not the case.

You can't "force" someone out these days. If 18 is all you can sign, 18 is all you can sign.

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 08:07:07 am
Yes, he did.

I thought so, because I seem to remember thinking why he got an offer when academics weren't yet in order.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 08:20:08 am
I thought so, because I seem to remember thinking why he got an offer when academics weren't yet in order.

I'm guessing because they had him higher on their board, haha.

The Hawg Marshal