Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon & Coach Morris?

Started by LubbockHog, December 06, 2017, 09:29:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LubbockHog

Does anyone know how this hire might effect our chances with Bohanon? Richard Davenport, have any insight? I would think Morris' offense would be attractive for a mobile quarterback like Bohanon.

King Kong

Bohanon mentioned at the Elite 11 that looks up to Watson. I would imagine Chad Morris will be able to land Bohanon

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 09:46:03 am
Bohanon mentioned at the Elite 11 that looks up to Watson. I would imagine Chad Morris will be able to land Bohanon
GB would be a perfect fit but he's committed elsewhere. Done deal.

onebadrubi

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 10:29:29 am

You keep saying that, why don't you just tell us where that is if you know so kuch

Hawg Life

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2017, 10:43:39 am

You keep saying that, why don't you just tell us where that is if you know so kuch

He's a silent commit to Baylor, or that's the rumor.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 06, 2017, 10:56:58 am

Baylor joining the SEC-W? 

Edit: this guy keeps preaching another secw team.  If we can't rob a guy from Baylor we are in trouble. 

Hoggish1

No such thing in this world. amazing...  "silent?"

ThisGuy

Bohanon would fit perfectly in Coach Morris's offense.

#1 STUNNA

Tell Bohannon you will be the next Deshaun Watson
Tell Burks he will be the next Courtland Sutton.... identical football players..both

JONAS

NotSoFastMyFriend

Not Baylor - SECW team.

NotSoFastMyFriend

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No ink... Kids have NEVER changed a verbal though... Right?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RazorBackStrapAssasin

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 06, 2017, 01:20:06 pm
No ink... Kids have NEVER changed a verbal though... Right?
Ink has nothing to do with it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 03:51:58 pm
He's a "silent" and for some reason you feel compelled to not divulge the team? You aren't media.

20gauge

Bohannon has been an Auburn lean from what I've been told since the beginning. Whether that's still true or not we will find out. I'd like to have him, he could be solid with the talent he has. Not sure if he's a program changer but still a solid get.

At the least if Morris wants him then they should at least listen. I think the Hogs will have plenty of space to grow in the offense Morris runs.

And unless Bohannon shuts down his recruiting he's really not committed to anyone. Being silent is not commitment, Announcing it is being committed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 03:51:58 pm

Yeah, binding contracts that would refuse to allow him to play div 1 football DOES have everything to do with it.  Even guys getting paid have gone elsewhere

King Kong

If it's a done deal. Why did Gerry and Chad follow each other in Twitter today

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 20gauge on December 06, 2017, 04:17:33 pm
Bohannon has been an Auburn lean from what I've been told since the beginning. Whether that's still true or not we will find out. I'd like to have him, he could be solid with the talent he has. Not sure if he's a program changer but still a solid get.

At the least if Morris wants him then they should at least listen. I think the Hogs will have plenty of space to grow in the offense Morris runs.

And unless Bohannon shuts down his recruiting he's really not committed to anyone. Being silent is not commitment, Announcing it is being committed.
Slight correction: Being SIGNED is being committed; as we know even verbal "commits" quite often get changed.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

VAARazorback

bville_hog

LSU is getting a new OC no?  At least that is the strong rumor that Canada and O don't get a long at all.

Tortfeasor

I hope he reconsiders. Would be a bigger star at Arkansas with this offense and a home state boy.

a shady hog

Maybe he didn't want to play for Bielema and that's why he had looked elsewhere. I'm sure Morris will at least get a meeting with GB, and who knows from there.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 06, 2017, 08:06:26 pm
I hope he reconsiders. Would be a bigger star at Arkansas with this offense and a home state boy.

Be The Next DMAC..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkRinds

NotSoFastMyFriend

searkhogfan

What would be the reason for a silent commit, in this case?  I can see it in some cases.   Usually the silent commitment is because one side or the other is a backup plan.  Coach Morris runs an offense that could make a GB a Razorback Legend. But if he's not interested, so be it. Woo Pig

PorkRinds

The silent commit stuff is garbage. He's got two sec-w teams in his list. Ole Miss and Mississippi State. One has a bowl ban and the other just canned the coach he was connected with, so unless he's just randomly hiding everything about his silent commit status and not even mentioning the school in his top 5, I don't see it as likely.

Been10Hog

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 09:46:03 am
Maybe Chad could get Deshaun to hit Gerry up on Twitter

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 08:20:18 am
The silent commit stuff is garbage. He's got two sec-w teams in his list. Ole Miss and Mississippi State. One has a bowl ban and the other just canned the coach he was connected with, so unless he's just randomly hiding everything about his silent commit status and not even mentioning the school in his top 5, I don't see it as likely.
He has offers from every team in the SECW except for A&M.

IUHog

I love all the clowns on this site with inside sources of information.  There should be a list.

PorkRinds

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 07, 2017, 11:05:47 am
He has offers from every team in the SECW except for A&M.

He's released a top 5. Only us, ole miss, and Mississippi State. So again unless he's lulling a fast one he's not likely to go somewhere other than those on his list.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: IUHog on December 07, 2017, 11:13:44 am
I love all the clowns on this site with inside sources of information.  There should be a list.
I tried but ...

BigBrandonAllenFan

December 07, 2017, 07:35:47 pm #35 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:51:56 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: LubbockHog on December 06, 2017, 09:29:48 am
Does anyone know how this hire might effect our chances with Bohanon? Richard Davenport, have any insight? I would think Morris' offense would be attractive for a mobile quarterback like Bohanon.

Davenport reported that Coach Morris talked to Gerry Bohannon yesterday.  Gerry was the first recruit that Morris contacted after being named head coach at Arkansas. Morris told Gerry he wants him to be "the guy".  I hope we get him, big time.  He could easily become the starting QB as a freshman next season.

BigBrandonAllenFan

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/dec/06/morris-impresses-earle-qb-gerry-bohanon/

QuoteThe Recruiting Guy

Morris talks to Earle QB Gerry Bohanon on first day

On his first day as Arkansas' coach, Chad Morris reached out to Earle quarterback Gerry Bohanon and the highly-regarded prospect came away impressed.

The two spoke around 2 p.m., Wednesday.

"Coach and I had a nice talk today," said Bohanon, who plans to sign Dec. 20 and enroll in the school of his choice in January. "He told me how he loved my film and the potential he saw in me and he wants me to be the guy."

Bohanon (6-4, 215 pounds) narrowed his list of scholarship offers to Arkansas, Mississippi State, Louisville, Ole Miss, Baylor and Georgia in May. He has said he's open to other schools looking to pursue him.

He officially visited Baylor last weekend and is expected to host the Bears for an in-home visit Thursday night.

Morris told Bohanon that he and Joe Craddock would make an in-home visit Monday. Craddock was Morris' offensive coordinator at SMU and is expected to be hired to the same role at Arkansas.

"(Morris) seemed like he's ready to do big things," Bohanon said. "I like him. I think they have a good one. He seems to be the guy for the job."

ESPN rates Bohanon the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 122 overall prospect in the nation. He and his mother officially visited Fayetteville for the Razorbacks' game against Coastal Carolina on Nov. 4. He plans to make an official visit to North Carolina this weekend.

regi

He may be a silent commit,  however,  there is absolutely,  no reason to be. Baylor is a 1-11 trainwreck on NCAA probation.  They would pay for his official,  for the pub alone.  LSU is to cocky to have silent comnits,  their recruiting and program is built  on competition.  So,  again,  not sure of reason,  for a silent commit.