Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoops Conference at 4

Started by -Blu, October 02, 2013, 03:33:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Is there anywhere to listen to Mike Anderson's conference?

-Blu

Found out there wasn't anywhere to listen to the stream, but a couple media members that were there were tweeting/posting answers.  Here are some of Coach Anderson's responses for those that missed it.  These aren't exact quotes, but the key takeaways.

-Clarke and Haydar are team captains
-Haydar expected to have a significant role this year.
-Bell shooting 500 shots a day.
-Practice Facility will happen (no date given).
-Practice starts Saturday at HYPER (2 a days).  Will be in Bud Walton Monday.
-Ky Madden looks to be the PG right now, Gulley also in consideration.
-Gulley is now on Scholarship
-JaCorey Williams right there in the mix (to be a starter I presume) gained 5 pounds, high sense of urgency, really wants to play.
-All three freshmen are gym rats.
-Bobby Portis will be an impact player and major contributor.  But no pressure on him, he's not a savior.
-Bobby can push the ball like a point forward, play down low, and also shoot the 3.
-Recruiting in good shape.  Looks like all 4 scholarships will be filled.
-Red/White game Oct 27 @ 3:30 pm.

Smithian

Thanks for the summary! Like the news about Gulley. He has been my pick for "surprise player" this season.

-Blu

Quote from: Smithian on October 03, 2013, 11:31:08 am
Thanks for the summary! Like the news about Gulley. He has been my pick for "surprise player" this season.

Yea, this like the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard him mention Gulley, TBH I didn't see him as making the rotation this year, but looks like he's putting himself in a position to be a contributor and maybe even a starter.  Same thing with Kikko, I was surprised to hear that he will play a "Significant" role. 

The guy I was surprised not to hear much about was Alandise Harris.  Think he was just mentioned once in this conference and all that was said was "he can play down low".  I wonder if everything is still progressing well with him, or is he just getting overshadowed by Portis and Kinglsey.

As far as predictions for starters, seems like the only guys at this point that are probably safe to assume are starters is Clarke, Portis, and maybe Madden.  I thought Wade for sure would be a starter but there has been a lot of praise on Bell and Haydar, he may try something with them.  Also looks like Williams is making a real case to be a starter as well.

jcworm

Sounds like Portis has a skill set similar to Webber and Odom not saying he is those players but those are big guys that could shoot the 3, push the ball like a point forward, and post up.

I can wait to watch him go all out for us this year the kid has a motor and skills!

mhuff

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: -Blu on October 03, 2013, 01:15:37 pm
As far as predictions for starters, seems like the only guys at this point that are probably safe to assume are starters is Clarke, Portis, and maybe Madden.  I thought Wade for sure would be a starter but there has been a lot of praise on Bell and Haydar, he may try something with them.  Also looks like Williams is making a real case to be a starter as well.
I wouldn't make any assumptions about Harris and Wade. Coach A is talking about the noteworthy things, the things we are interested in. I would assume Harris is going to be a starter, just nothing special about saying "Yeah Alandise is just being Alandise."
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Razorod

Harris and Clarke both will likely start when all is said and done. Be hard to keep either on the bench. Mixing and matching rotations will be interesting this year.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: -Blu on October 02, 2013, 07:59:54 pm
Found out there wasn't anywhere to listen to the stream, but a couple media members that were there were tweeting/posting answers.  Here are some of Coach Anderson's responses for those that missed it.  These aren't exact quotes, but the key takeaways.

-Clarke and Haydar are team captains
-Haydar expected to have a significant role this year.
-Bell shooting 500 shots a day.
-Practice Facility will happen (no date given).
-Practice starts Saturday at HYPER (2 a days).  Will be in Bud Walton Monday.
-Ky Madden looks to be the PG right now, Gulley also in consideration.
-Gulley is now on Scholarship
-JaCorey Williams right there in the mix (to be a starter I presume) gained 5 pounds, high sense of urgency, really wants to play.
-All three freshmen are gym rats.
-Bobby Portis will be an impact player and major contributor.  But no pressure on him, he's not a savior.
-Bobby can push the ball like a point forward, play down low, and also shoot the 3.
-Recruiting in good shape.  Looks like all 4 scholarships will be filled.
-Red/White game Oct 27 @ 3:30 pm.

Great summary ole Blu
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes