Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does it make those of you who call Bb Bert feel big or are you all dyslexic

Started by hogsanity, September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

IronMountainHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:14:01 am
Ah the old cry of the 8 yr old " everyone else does it "
Ah the cry of the 6 year old "Mommy, my name is Bret and they called me Bert".

Mommy: "We better go talk to the principal, homeroom teacher, and superintendent, we can't have that"

Thanks Mommy, you're the bestest.

HogHomer

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 26, 2017, 11:21:37 am

Mommy: "We better go talk to the principal, homeroom teacher, and superintendent, we can't have that"

Why is it so hard to call someone by their name? Seriously?

PORKULATOR

They're actually all stupid and have no comedic sense of timing or poignancy.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

navyhog24

If I was Bert, I'd be thinking "I don't care what they're calling me. I'm making $4+ Mil a year to suck, have a new baby, have a hot arse wife to hop on, and a $15M buyout. Life is good".

Bert will be ok.

hogsanity

where did anyone say anything close to that?

Quote from: HogHomer on September 26, 2017, 11:22:52 am

I am sure the answers to that will be highly intelligent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronMountainHog

The Social Justice Warriors are out in full force today on Hogville. First Capetbaggers and now Bert. What's next whiners?

hogsanity

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 26, 2017, 11:30:58 am
The Social Justice Warriors are out in full force today on Hogville. First Capetbaggers and now Bert. What's next whiners?

Yes, asking what people get out of calling people names is really pushing a social agenda.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BossHawg_Outlaw

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 11:16:39 am
It was real classy when he looked like a janitor on the sidelines Saturday.

Hey man he woke up late and didn't have time to change out of his PJ's stop bullying everybody

HighcountryHog

Quote from: HogHomer on September 26, 2017, 11:22:52 am

At this point, it's just trolling the fans.  I'm pretty certain if you asked "CBB" about Bert/Bret, he would shrug and go back to eating his hoagie.
no bumps, no fat chicks

IronMountainHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:32:09 am
Yes, asking what people get out of calling people names is really pushing a social agenda.
Yeah your anti bullying crusade.

IronHog

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 26, 2017, 10:38:50 am
I've explained at length on here why I use it -- goes back to his 2nd year at Wiscy when my Wiscy relatives began referring to him that way.  They loved him at the time and simply thought it was a kinda humorous name.

I thought of it as a funny nickname......not demeaning
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am
or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.

You clearly have no fun.....ever

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 11:36:13 am

You clearly have no fun.....ever

I have lots of fun. Some of it is the easy pickings here, like this thread. So you, a supposed grown up thinks calling other adults names, from the anonymity of your keyboard is fun? Explains alot.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:38:09 am
I have lots of fun. Some of it is the easy pickings here, like this thread. So you, a supposed grown up thinks calling other adults names, from the anonymity of your keyboard is fun? Explains alot.

Nah I'd call him Bert if I saw him... 

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

Jean-Luc Pigard

Bert Bert Bert, Bert Bert Bert Bert.

Bert Bert Bert, oh Bert Bert Bert.

(Sung to the tune of Barbara Ann)

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:38:09 am
I find it tough to believe you are triggered by the Bert stuff. Honestly, does it really bother you?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Grag T

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 26, 2017, 10:54:34 am
Lots of people make money from weak products.  George Lucas made a movie about a duck named Howard.  I doubt he gave any money back.  And I doubt if people purposely call him names because he had a bad movie.

For years a friggin' army of people called Lucas every name in the book because of how they hated the star wars prequels, so you are 100% incorrect there.

Ironically, the same people who hated the prequels seem to be a lot of the people who like the utter dog crap star wars movies disney is hacking out now.   
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

DeltaBoy

It is simple if the coach had not lost to Toledo , Texas Tech and be 0-5 vs TAMU  Folks would not be riding him about his weight.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

IronHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 11:49:22 am
It is simple if the coach had not lost to Toledo , Texas Tech and be 0-5 vs TAMU  Folks would not be riding him about his weight.

He's gone past old lineman big meals.

He needs to take care of himself.

navyhog24

or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 26, 2017, 11:47:19 am
I find it tough to believe you are triggered by the Bert stuff. Honestly, does it really bother you?

So now asking a question means someone is triggered?

Grag T

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 11:52:17 am

I am actually worried for his health at this point.  He has to be pushing 400 lbs now, that's not good.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 11:49:22 am

You're right.  It's all his fault that people have no tact, self-control, dignity, grace, or manners.  Shame on him for losing football games.  The world would be a much nicer and more pleasant adult world if he had just %$&#& won some more football.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Grag T

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 11:52:17 am

Like MANY Americans he is over weight, no doubt there. I would hope for the sake of his little girl he'd work on that.

jrulz83

Quote from: Jean-Luc Pigard on September 26, 2017, 11:47:04 am

Bert Bert Bert, oh Bert Bert Bert.

(Sung to the tune of Barbara Ann)

I prefer Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:54:34 am
Like MANY Americans he is over weight, no doubt there. I would hope for the sake of his little girl he'd work on that.

He's way past just overweight

I'm bout 300.....I'd guess he's pushing 380

IronMountainHog

Calling him Bert - not bullying

Say the only blocking he knows about is arteries - Bullying

Learn the difference.

BallHog1

Grag T

hawgon

Quote from: Grag T on September 26, 2017, 11:54:05 am
I am actually worried for his health at this point.  He has to be pushing 400 lbs now, that's not good.

400 was in the rearview about two stone ago.

Silver Hog

You are not far off, his mother in law flipped out when we called him Bert at a watch party she attended. 

Drop the Mike

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:42:52 am
and more so still to be so hurt over the results of a GAME, but it does not stop some here from making the entire state look like a pod of morons, so.................

Bert makes me look like a moron in that I have spent thousands of dollars this year for season tickets, when I could just walk up to the stadium and get them for free

longpig

Get over it, Jen. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogsanity

Quote from: Drop the Mike on September 26, 2017, 12:29:45 pm
Bert makes me look like a moron in that I have spent thousands of dollars this year for season tickets, when I could just walk up to the stadium and get them for free

Not his fault, that is all on you. No one made you buy season tickets.

longpig

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 26, 2017, 11:34:02 am
At this point, it's just trolling the fans.  I'm pretty certain if you asked "CBB" about Bert/Bret, he would shrug and go back to eating his hoagie.

Actually, Bert was asked how he felt about being called Bert and Bert responded he didn't care much for being called Bert.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Silver Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 10:57:33 am
Well, I think his eyes are fattening shut.  If he keeps it up, I'm going to start calling him, "The Navigator".

The spice must flow.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 12:24:18 pm
400 was in the rearview about two stone ago.

I think you're right, honestly. He's a big guy. Not just tummy-wise. He's a large bodied guy.

hawgsawjimdugan

The OP sounds Canadian.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:53:18 am
So now asking a question means someone is triggered?
That's not what I said...nor did I even imply that. But to answer your question I would say no.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgon

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 26, 2017, 12:25:15 pm
You are not far off, his mother in law flipped out when we called him Bert at a watch party she attended.

I heard of someone getting the wolf stare when they messed up and called him that to his face at a golf outing.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgsawjimdugan on September 26, 2017, 12:36:13 pm
The OP sounds Canadian.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Born and raised in Ar. Family has been here 150 years. Just tired of our citizens making every attitude about us perfectly justifiable by how we act.

hogsanity

2 pages and still no one has told us what they get out of calling someone a name from behind a keyboard, very telling.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
2 pages and still no one has told us what they get out of calling someone a name from behind a keyboard, very telling.

Satisfaction