April 18, 2024, 07:07:52 am

In state players

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 17, 2018, 10:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Wow..

Reaves 0 Pts 0-5

Allen 2-11 7 pts
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 17, 2018, 10:08:32 pm
Wow..

Reaves 0 Pts 0-5

Allen 2-11 7 pts

perhaps that speaks more to Ar HS players often being overrated..................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 10:23:14 pm
perhaps that speaks more to Ar HS players often being overrated..................

That's hilarious ....

KeVaughn Allen was a 4-star recruit.  He was ranked 67 overall in his class.  He averaged 11.6 points as a freshman and 14.0 as a sophomore and was first team All-SEC.  He averaged 10.9 this year as a junior and dropped 28 on Arkansas in Gainsville.  He is a career .875 free throw shooter.  He has a year left.

Austin Reaves was a 3-star on Rivals but wasn't ranked - not even among Arkansas players.  Wichita was his only offer.  247 didn't rate him and showed no offers.  He averaged 8.6 points per game this year as a sophomore shooting guard for a 4 seed.  His career average on 3's is .451.

I think anyone on this board would take those numbers.  Allen will be a senior next year and Reaves a junior. 

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 10:23:14 pm

Yeah that one game tells the entire story. Wow

raz1965

The only time Allen has impressed me was when he played the Razorbacks, he was back to normal last night an Flordia lost.

lynbug

All bets are off when it comes NCAAT time, whether you're talking player performance, team stats, coaching philosophy...whatever.  I think you would have to agree somewhat if you've watched games the past three days.

Boardon Hamsay

Great work, OP. Let's try to be more transparent with your agenda next time.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

bphi11ips

Quote from: raz1965 on March 18, 2018, 09:34:17 am
The only time Allen has impressed me was when he played the Razorbacks, he was back to normal last night an Flordia lost.

He impressed SEC coaches enough that they selected him first team All-SEC last year.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

cardsNhogs

I really wish Reaves was on Hogs Roster next 2 years! I can't believe Mike Anderson did not offer this kid! Fail