Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#WhatMadeMorris: Fatherly Advice Leads Morris to the Hill

Started by gdumont, December 13, 2017, 10:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

DeltaBoy

What not to like about this guy. He is a winner.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: gdumont on December 13, 2017, 10:15:14 pm
While Chad Morris didn't follow his dad's first career advice, the latest led him to the Hill

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/fatherly-advice-leads-morris-to-the-hill/880816428

His Dad's had that Razorback hat for longer than a week!  Just sayin!  :)
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

gdumont

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 14, 2017, 08:57:48 am
His Dad's had that Razorback hat for longer than a week!  Just sayin!  :)

Hate to break it to you, JB told me Chad gave it to him last Friday night

razCzar

Especially after watching this...

We gotta ourselves a WINNER folks!

Mike_e

I've lived out of state for a long time though I get back for visits a few times a year.

It's funny but listening to his mom and dad's accent ( :) or lack of if you prefer) they sound very much the same as I hear from people when I'm back.

I think that those of you who said that fit was important are right.  This just may be That Guy.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hawgon

Well, one thing about the guy is that he and his people are just like 90% of the people in Arkansas.  He talks like us, thinks like us, and was raised like most of us.  In that respect, he will understand and get things about us and our state intuitively that Bielema didn't know and probably never got.  In most respects. Edgewood, Texas may as well be Arkadelphia, Texarkana, or Fordyce. 

Everything said here does not guarantee winning.  But every soul who grew up from poor to middle class relates to this Guy.  He appears humble or as i say it, having his ego in control.  He doesn't shy away from work.  He appears to manage well from what we can see.  He learned at an early age that the same ole, same ole may not continue to work, thus his current thought process concerning football.  If we can believe him, he won big time with one scheme and then tossed it and went in another direction because it quit working for him.  His ego allowed him to look toward other people to find a new working scheme.  When Malzahn didn't welcome him at first, he didn't back off, he returned again to learn, though not invited.  That same intensity will garner him a few recruits that early on, did not have plans that included Arkansas.  This Guy is going to win some ballgames just because he refuses to be denied.  He will win a few more with work ethic.  If we are lucky, he may even win a few because his scheme worked and his players played above their heads.  He will lose some he shouldn't because he took chances he shouldn't and some more because he was outcoached and even more because he was outclassed.  All that said, I don't think you will see him quit or never start or not be as ready as he knows how to be.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: gdumont on December 14, 2017, 09:16:49 pm
Hate to break it to you, JB told me Chad gave it to him last Friday night

Ok, Well HY told me the dad has had it for a few years.   So there's that.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck