Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about D'Onofrio new DC?

Started by lakecityhog, December 13, 2017, 12:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

December 13, 2017, 12:31:32 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:22:08 pm by lakecityhog
MARK DONOFRIO
I posted this in another thread and the more I think about it the more I like this guy. He has Houston playing very good defense in a high scoring league, he gives us recruiting in the Houston and South Florida areas and he is relatively young and energetic.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_donofrio_1034935.html

Would this guy be a viable option?

In his first season at Houston, D'Onofrio's defense ranked 39th nationally and second in The American in scoring defense, despite facing four of the nation's top 16 scoring offenses. Houston also finished second in The American in rushing defense (149.5 yards per game) and red zone defense (76.2 percent). (21 of 42 RZ possessions resulted in touchdowns given up which is pretty darned good!)

09/09/17 atArizona Arizona Tucson, Ariz. W, 19-16
10/07/17 vs.SMU SMU * TDECU Stadium W, 35-22
10/19/17 vs.No. 25 Memphis No. 25 Memphis * TDECU Stadium L, 42-38
10/28/17 atNo. 17 USF No. 17 USF * Tampa, Fla. W, 28-24

His defense held some pretty good teams in check. Could he coordinate an SEC defense?
2011–2015  Miami (FL) (AHC/DC)  should have some recruiting connections in south Florida!!

2006–2007  Temple (DC)
2008–2009  Temple (AHC/DC)
2010  Temple (AHC/DC/LB)

The Cougars are in a bowl game on Christmas Eve and we can surely wait that long to make the announcement?? The more I read about this guy the more I like him!!!

PORKULATOR

You say Donofrio and all I see is this guy.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

JONAS

Hogindasticks

Only if that's the best in the country....which is what CCM promised.

lakecityhog

Finished the season at 7-4 with 1 game cancelled. The 4 losses were to Texas Tech (gave up 27), Memphis(gave up 42), Tulsa(gave up 45R) and Tulane(gave up 20R). In 2 of the games his defense did a pretty good job and gave their team a chance to win and in 2 games they gave up a LOT of points.

The Tulse game is the puzzler, but checking up it was not all on the D. In the Tulsa game the starting QB was out and Houston gave up 2 Ints to set up 2 SHORT TD's and a fumble recovered for a TD.

09/02/17   atUTSA UTSA   San Antonio, Texas   Cancelled   

09/09/17   atArizona Arizona   Tucson, Ariz.   W, 19-16   

09/16/17   vs.Rice Rice   TDECU Stadium   W, 38-3   

09/23/17   vs.Texas Tech Texas Tech   TDECU Stadium   L, 27-24   

09/30/17   atTemple Temple *   Philadelphia, Pa.   W, 20-13   

10/07/17   vs.SMU SMU *   TDECU Stadium   W, 35-22   

10/14/17   atTulsa Tulsa *   Tulsa, Okla.   L, 45-17   

10/19/17   vs.No. 25 Memphis No. 25 Memphis *   TDECU Stadium   L, 42-38   

10/28/17   atNo. 17 USF No. 17 USF *   Tampa, Fla.   W, 28-24   

11/04/17   vs.ECU ECU *   TDECU Stadium   W, 52-27   

11/18/17   atTulane Tulane *   New Orleans, La.   L, 20-17   

11/24/17   vs.Navy Navy *   TDECU Stadium   W, 24-14

I really think this is the guy and we will find out shortly after Christmas.

Roy Bacon

December 15, 2017, 11:50:36 am #5 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:56:30 am by Roy Bacon
Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 14, 2017, 05:00:42 pm
Only if that's the best in the country....which is what CCM promised.

I sure wish CCM had not said that . I hope it doesn't come back to haunt him !
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Hog Fan...DOH!

Why does it matter what CCM said?  Better yet, why do you care? 

Wildhog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 15, 2017, 11:53:52 am
Why does it matter what CCM said?  Better yet, why do you care? 

He's going to have to learn that every word he says is going to be heavily scrutinized by dumbasses from now on.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Johnny Bobo

he was excellent on Law & Order Criminal Intent

lakecityhog

Listening to what Morris said D'Onofrio seems to fit the criteria. Houston and SMU are in the same conference so Morris has played against him, same conference so he sees what his D does every week and he was DC at Miami so Morris could have been watching him from afar(I think that was the way he put it).

I just think he is the guy, no insider info or ANYTHING like that, just a feeling.
Having Houston as the 23rd most efficeint defense against such a high scoring league with AAC talent could make him him look like one of the best DC's out there.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

redeye

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 15, 2017, 10:27:38 pm
Listening to what Morris said D'Onofrio seems to fit the criteria. Houston and SMU are in the same conference so Morris has played against him, same conference so he sees what his D does every week and he was DC at Miami so Morris could have been watching him from afar(I think that was the way he put it).

I just think he is the guy, no insider info or ANYTHING like that, just a feeling.
Having Houston as the 23rd most efficeint defense against such a high scoring league with AAC talent could make him him look like one of the best DC's out there.

I've wondered about him also.  He's not among my top picks, but I'd be alright with him.  I think he'd at least give us a chance to win.

Birminghog

Wild Bill Hog

nwahogfan1

If it was him why wait to make the announcement?

King Kong

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 13, 2017, 12:40:02 pm

From the movie "Men in Black'?  😂😂😂😂
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Razoryak

Best DC in the country is soooo unbelievably subjective .... Let's just roll with who ever he hires.
Woo Pig

The real Hogules

Quote from: Razoryak on December 16, 2017, 05:38:06 am
Best DC in the country is soooo unbelievably subjective .... Let's just roll with who ever he hires.

Do we have a choice, is there really another viable option, other than waiting to see and rolling with it???
Sage advice, if for no other reason than other options are limited.  lol
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

5Ringz

Please, for the love of God, hire Onofrio! I left off the D because he forgot what one was at Miami. If you want to get a feel for how horrible this guy is just go ask Canesinsight.com and they will give you all the proof in the world

RazorZach

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

LZH

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 13, 2017, 12:40:02 pm
Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 15, 2017, 11:57:29 am
he was excellent on Law & Order Criminal Intent
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 15, 2017, 10:29:30 pm

Damn skrate...there'll be a lot less loafing with this cat in charge.

lakecityhog

I have often wondered why some of you frequent a FOOTBALL message board, you NEVER contribute anything to a discussion. Posting a stupid picture or making an obscure reference doesn't really make you a football fan nor does it contribute to a discussion.

Do you react this way because you know nothing about the subject or is it just something to draw attention to yourself??? With probably less time than it takes to find these pics you could actually search and find some information about this guy and make an informed or at least semi-informed comment. You would look a little less like a spoiled child trying to get attention from the grown-up table!

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 16, 2017, 11:06:59 am
I have often wondered why some of you frequent a FOOTBALL message board, you NEVER contribute anything to a discussion. Posting a stupid picture or making an obscure reference doesn't really make you a football fan nor does it contribute to a discussion.

Do you react this way because you know nothing about the subject or is it just something to draw attention to yourself??? With probably less time than it takes to find these pics you could actually search and find some information about this guy and make an informed or at least semi-informed comment. You would look a little less like a spoiled child trying to get attention from the grown-up table!

You tell them lady!!!

LZH

So, what informative football nuggets did you enlighten us with in this post from your perch on high?

Answer? Not a [CENSORED] thing.

Razor1997

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 15, 2017, 10:29:30 pm

THIS IS MY DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

THERE ARE MANY OTHERS LIKE HIM BUT THIS ONE IS MINE

lakecityhog

Here is a little nugget of info for you and the others who like to dump on every thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLtyfmOBlIY

Maybe this will make you happy.

I STILL think he is a very good candidate for our DC job.

LZH

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 16, 2017, 09:39:52 pm
Here is a little nugget of info for you and the others who like to dump on every thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLtyfmOBlIY

Maybe this will make you happy.

I STILL think he is a very good candidate for our DC job.

Who's dumping on every thread? Is fun not allowed around here anymore?

Besides, if you had added some background on the guy instead of popping off just to set us all straight, I wouldn't have shot you that zinger...because, no, I don't know who he is and, no, I'm not gonna take the time to look him up.

lakecityhog

Did you even read the OP??? I gave you his stats from this year at Houston, told you he coordinated the D at Miami and went all the way back to his work at Temple. I guess I should have told you that he liked cute cat videos too.
LZH, there is a BIG difference in fun and ignorance. There are so many of you that have almost a mob mentality that when you see one guy dump you feel the need to pile on and RUIN a thread. I have watched threads with good solid information devolve into pissing contests over the most stupid things that you can imagine.

I have been here for quite a while and I have watched some of our better guys just almost quit posting over crap like this. You people don't want discussion, you want "fun" and you can have fun, but damn can't you people just get together and crap on each other in the name of fun?

Do you not have a real interest and curiosity about who might be our next DC? Don't you want to try to learn a little about some of the possible candidates? Would you rather be one of the children playing in the yard til Mom calls you in for supper?

oldhawg

Houston plays its bowl game on Christmas Eve.  So if its D'Onofrio, a Christmas Day announcement?

Hoggish1

oldhawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 17, 2017, 09:36:45 am
What did CCM say? LOL

Said its BEST for fans not to worry about the D.C.

tusksincolorado

so lets see....Arkansas plays the following HUNH teams:

Auburn
Ole Miss
Florida
Missouri
Texas A&M
Tennessee

So when we play:

Alabama
Georgia
Miss State
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
LSU

Looks like we will not gain any possible advantage in changing defensive styles....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

LZH

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 17, 2017, 09:10:21 am
Did you even read the OP??? I gave you his stats from this year at Houston, told you he coordinated the D at Miami and went all the way back to his work at Temple. I guess I should have told you that he liked cute cat videos too.
LZH, there is a BIG difference in fun and ignorance. There are so many of you that have almost a mob mentality that when you see one guy dump you feel the need to pile on and RUIN a thread. I have watched threads with good solid information devolve into pissing contests over the most stupid things that you can imagine.

I have been here for quite a while and I have watched some of our better guys just almost quit posting over crap like this. You people don't want discussion, you want "fun" and you can have fun, but damn can't you people just get together and crap on each other in the name of fun?

Do you not have a real interest and curiosity about who might be our next DC? Don't you want to try to learn a little about some of the possible candidates? Would you rather be one of the children playing in the yard til Mom calls you in for supper?

I looked back, and you are correct...I admit you did provide plenty of information on this guy at the top of the page - which I missed or just flat-out skipped. I think got my threads mixed up (probably because I don't recognize his name, just the actor's...which should come as no surprise when it comes to other team's coordinators).

But my point of view is still the same. People get so worked up over any variety (joke, jab, gag, etc.) in a particular thread, which I just don't really understand. We're not curing diseases here.

You know I grew up a Hog nut and will always be one. I will concede that my faith in the athletic dept has waned considerably over the past few yrs. So even though I take winning ball games quite seriously, my activity on here....not so much.

I haven't gone back and re-read the whole thread, but I'm sure there are quite a few guys more than willing to discuss your topic in detail. But you'll just have to pardon me if I'm not one of them on every post.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.