Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other Teams Confidence Levels

Started by Porked Tongue, October 22, 2017, 12:35:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

I know we all see the litany of things that are wrong with our team.  Obviously (duh) our problems are immense.   That's discussed on 90% of the threads on Page 1.

However, as I sat there in my seat last night it hit me something that is probably worse.

It is this.   Every opposing team from coach to player has a total disrespect and lack of fear of the Hogs.  They know they are better and just confidently keep playing knowing that eventually they'll kill us over time.  No panic.  No desperation.  Heck, not even a real swagger to it.  They just relax with the knowledge they will out run, out coach, out athlete, out think us as the time ticks off the clock.

On one hand, we take joy in minor wins like holding them to 5 yards on first down.
On the other, they sit back on 3rd down and guard the first down line with ease as we go with underneath plays or they kill our QB.

It's a woeful feeling as we watched our DEF fight hard in the first half but when the OFF was going nowhere and fast it was a sure thing the DEF was going to break soon.

The rare exception of a positive moment seems to last about 10 seconds.

The next month needs to fly by.

P.S.  I will continue to use my season tickets and attend the games.  I will enjoy the overall experience.  I'm pot committed.

LRrazorback

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 12:35:48 pm
I know we all see the litany of things that are wrong with our team.  Obviously (duh) our problems are immense.   That's discussed on 90% of the threads on Page 1.

However, as I sat there in my seat last night it hit me something that is probably worse.

It is this.   Every opposing team from coach to player has a total disrespect and lack of fear of the Hogs.  They know they are better and just confidently keep playing knowing that eventually they'll kill us over time.  No panic.  No desperation.  Heck, not even a real swagger to it.  They just relax with the knowledge they will out run, out coach, out athlete, out think us as the time ticks off the clock.

On one hand, we take joy in minor wins like holding them to 5 yards on first down.
On the other, they sit back on 3rd down and guard the first down line with ease as we go with underneath plays or they kill our QB.

It's a woeful feeling as we watched our DEF fight hard in the first half but when the OFF was going nowhere and fast it was a sure thing the DEF was going to break soon.

P.S.  I will continue to use my season tickets and attend the games.  I will enjoy the overall experience.  I'm pot committed.

Which brings to my mind, how it was 6-7 years ago when teams and fan bases feared us and how, now they're praying we keep CBB for years to come.

With the right coach we can be feared again.

Porked Tongue

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 12:35:48 pm

All I can say is your last sentence is the most intelligent of all :) ;) :D 8)

Breems

Yeah, you don't fear a 2-5 team. We are the Coastal Carolina of the SEC.

Opposing coaches also have no reason to fear a strategic battle with a coach who is 0-18 when trailing at the half. I'm surprised Gus didn't bring a lawn chair and hit the concession stand in the 2nd half.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hamARchy in the USA

ricepig

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on October 22, 2017, 02:26:06 pm
Is that like 'Thank you for pot smoking' ?

I think it means he put in for a dispensary license......