Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wish we’d Quit Practicing so Good

Started by WilsonHog, October 22, 2017, 08:34:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Every week, Bielema talks about what a great week of practice we had. Then we go out and get beat like a 13-year old's d*ck.

I hope we practice like crap this week. Or, at the very least, that Bielema finds something new to say.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BadHog

And Saban specifically addressed at half time how poorly his team had practiced this week. LMAO!

Great example of the difference between professional and amateur.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

lynbug

I like to think of him as the Mouth of the South(eastern conference).  I finally understand why his speech is so fast and jumbled......HE HAS NOTHING SUBSTANTIVE TO SAY. Beliema...not Saban.  I guess Saban can say whatever he wants, right? 

parallaxpig

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:34:08 am
Every week, Bielema talks about what a great week of practice we had. Then we go out and get beat like a 13-year old's d*ck.

I hope we practice like crap this week. Or, at the very least, that Bielema finds something new to say.

spit my coffee up on the 13-year old line..........now that was funny
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Sundog

I LOL'd on that one.😂

BoynamedWooPigSooie

There's a good reason why he closed off practices.

Them boys ain't any good at all.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

cj_sez

Like....I can't get the job done here and I resign!!

Lanny

Bielema needs to go on the comedy tour, coaching's not his gig.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Al Boarland

I believe him. When our players are up against each other they probably look great.

Dark Helmet Hog

I imagine we do practice well against each other. It's those pesky other teams causing the problems.

elksnort

Thank you for a Sunday morning chuckle!

I'm on my front porch drinking coffee, enjoying the fresh air and life is alright.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 22, 2017, 10:01:46 am
I believe him. When our players are up against each other they probably look great.

Ha! Beat me!

parallaxpig

Wait you might be on to something. We have all been wondering why no half time adjustments...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 22, 2017, 10:01:46 am

Somewhere in between the games yesterday, the SEC Network was talking about Alabama and their practices. And how their starters are going up against players BETTER than who they're going to face the next week. True.

So, certainly the opposite is true with us. But our situation can't be unusual, not everyone has 5-stars on their 3rd or 4th teams. But there is something strange going on, a reason we're not prepared. Are our practices too easy? Do we not run our scout teams well?

To me, we're still not learning to execute our own game. We never look like we're running our offense with any precision. We're beaten physically and we're constantly missing assignments.

Also, nice work Wilson.  :)

Arazorbackguy1

I quit practicing before the start of the season.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HardCore

Quote from: BadHog on October 22, 2017, 08:36:54 am
And Saban specifically addressed at half time how poorly his team had practiced this week. LMAO!

Precisely. As an talked about practice being sluggish and it carried over to the field.  They won 45-7......that is a major difference in coaching expectations
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HardCore on October 22, 2017, 12:10:27 pm
Precisely. As an talked about practice being sluggish and it carried over to the field.  They won 45-7......that is a major difference in coaching expectations
As well as execution.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BadHog on October 22, 2017, 08:36:54 am

Saban can say whatever he wants.  Player doesn't respond, he can put in the next NFL prospect without dropoff in talent.  Saban wins.  Last night, Leach had his offense do up downs on the sidelines because they weren't playing well as he knew they should.  He was winning 21-0 in the second half on his way to 7-1 this season.  Bielema says they didn't practice well and the response would be about how crappy they are as coaches they can't even get them to practice well.  This is just more meaningless noise. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.