Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's an interesting thought on Coastal Carolina attendance

Started by depressed_fan, October 22, 2017, 07:30:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 10:56:32 am
I just want to ask you this. Yesterday didn't you predict a big victory? Said we played good enough at Bama? Yeah I know it was you because the good doctor, the master conductor, Scroffa stepped in as your counsel....

Did we play good enough last night to warrant a prediction out of you for the Ole Miss game?

Thanks and I will eagerly await your reply. I am gonna call in and request some Judas Priest....

PRJ

Yes sir I most certainly did predict we would beat them. And I sincerely believed we had a chance.  I'm very upset about it. In addition to looking like a fool and embarrassing myself.

No, I will make no further predictions about any wins the remainder of the year except Coastal Carolina

East Clintwood

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:07:55 am
Doesn't make you any less of a fan, I just don't think that those who don't go to games should comment on attendance, seems a little ironic. Now, those who normally go and chose not to, then yeah.....

I don't see any reason why someone, attendee or not, shouldn't be able to comment on attendance.  Complain about it, OK, I get why you might think they shouldn't.

I've never been to a Florida State game, have no intention of ever attending one of their games, and am certainly not a fan of their team.  But I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to comment that their stadium wasn't anywhere near full for their game yesterday.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

TrueBlue

Back to the OP original observation, if things continue the way they are, me and my family will not be at the remaining games although we DO have season tickets. We would have to get hotel rooms for two nights, meals, gas, parking, etc..

The product being displayed is not worthy of me dropping another $500 or more on a weekend (not including original ticket prices). Plus my stress level is lower after the weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 22, 2017, 10:48:40 am
So if you're a hog fan in Alaska or another state and can't come to a game because of distance, it is up to you to fill the stands and you can't comment.

Get over yourself Ricepig, you are always so condescending to everyone that doesn't post positive things. I beginning to believe you fart rainbows with Rick Schaeffer.

You know full well we are talking about the "fans" typing in their basement in their Mom's house in LR. Those who say, I'd go to the games if I lived in state aren't the ones who start attendance threads. I'm beginning to believe you eat boggers with Shields.....

ShadowTheHedgehog

pigmania

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:09:58 am
No, you can comment all you wish, it's just hallow.....
Why does it matter if they're a season ticket holder? The UA has already pocketed the money whether you go or not. The visual effects of empty seats cannot be ignored by Bret or Jeff. It's the most relied upon sense we have, unless you're blind.

HogDoc

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 22, 2017, 10:48:40 am
So if you're a hog fan in Alaska or another state and can't come to a game because of distance, it is up to you to fill the stands and you can't comment.

Case in point....I live and work in Sitka, Alaska. Travel to and from is as challenging as it gets....BUT back to the conversation...I am utterly embarrassed by the 2nd half exodus, but I understand.  Some folks can't sit by and watch first hand, a train wreck. AS A HOG FAN, I watched from start to finish....IT WAS PAINFUL and something needs to change! Sooner rather than later....
If I Pass Gas NOW, I will Feel good NOW!!!

ricepig

Quote from: pigmania on October 22, 2017, 12:22:03 pm
Why does it matter if they're a season ticket holder? The UA has already pocketed the money whether you go or not. The visual effects of empty seats cannot be ignored by Bret or Jeff. It's the most relied upon sense we have, unless you're blind.
Correct, they have more invested than the guy sitting on their couch, so season ticket holders not going says more than the guy on his couch bitching  about attendance. The visual is still there, but the source of the whining isn't comparable.

sigpooie

Long is steering a ship, he is headed toward an iceberg that could lose this program over 100 million over 10 years. He knows  this but i think he is frozen with fear. He hired this clown on his own and should be held as high as he was for the motorcycle from God deal. His only concern should be with the possible loses in revenue over the next few seasons, but can't see the forest for the trees with all the cheating and bad coaches being replaced. So let's circle the wagons get a local guy and dig the hell out of this Pit this kettle head has put us in.   
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

ricepig

Quote from: sigpooie on October 22, 2017, 12:44:21 pm
Long is steering a ship, he is headed toward an iceberg that could lose this program over 100 million over 10 years. He knows  this but i think he is frozen with fear. He hired this clown on his own and should be held as high as he was for the motorcycle from God deal. His only concern should be with the possible loses in revenue over the next few seasons, but can't see the forest for the trees with all the cheating and bad coaches being replaced. So let's circle the wagons get a local guy and dig the hell out of this Pit this kettle head has put us in.   

$10m/year, very doubtful.....

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 12:40:44 pm
Correct, they have more invested than the guy sitting on their couch, so season ticket holders not going says more than the guy on his couch bitching  about attendance. The visual is still there, but the source of the whining isn't comparable.

"Invested".

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:20:26 am
Bare at the start of the third?

They stadium started emptying with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd.

I bet there was only 10k remaining when we left in the middle of the 4th.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 22, 2017, 01:27:10 pm

Could have been less though. Come to think of it.

Not going to another one until the WMS game next year so I can say goodbye to the gray lady.

Gonzo

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 11:19:35 am

I don't see any reason why someone, attendee or not, shouldn't be able to comment on attendance.  Complain about it, OK, I get why you might think they shouldn't.

I've never been to a Florida State game, have no intention of ever attending one of their games, and am certainly not a fan of their team.  But I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to comment that their stadium wasn't anywhere near full for their game yesterday.

Just part of the insanity of message boards, folks wrapped up in why their views are more important than someone else's, just a bunch of elevated self-importance.  I usually make 2-4 games a year, doesn't make my opinion one iota more or less valid than those who never miss a game or those who never attend.

Go Hogs!

hawgon

The last time I saw the stadium that deserted was Baylor in 1991 or maybe Tulsa in 1993.  Anyone around knows that the windchill at that Baylor game was almost in the negative numbers that day and it rained so hard at the Tulsa game that you could not see the stands in a he other side of the stadium.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:04:26 am
Excellent point. I went for years, first game against K-State in 1968.  Was a donor and season ticket holder.  Fans were courteous and respectful.  Suddenly, and I don't know when it happened, just creeped in I guess, the fans became obnoxious and rude, acted like because they bought a ticket they could throw manners and consideration for their fellow fans out the window and just be jerks in general. Coupled with high ticket and concession prices I decided enough was enough. But that darned sure doesn't make me any less fan than another. In fact, if I kept getting crappy products from a certain retailer or service provider, I wouldn't continue to spend my money with them.  By doing so, the retailer or service provider has no incentive to up their game.
Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, the rudeness and obnoxious behavior is to some degree a reflection of society in general. While in no way should this be used as an excuse, it's the direction things are going. Having said that, I suspect that some of it also has to do with the growing frustration of the direction of the program. It's amazing, but not surprising, that most folks seem to take a more "forgive and forget" approach to most things when they're happier and more satisfied.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:14:51 am
And since EVERYTHING in this world revolves around money, what difference (to those who matter) does the actual attendance make when the tickets are pre sold and the "contribution" has been made?

The real suckers are the ones who keep shelling out the dollars for a crappy and overpriced product.  P.T. Barnum is laughing.
Bingo. Someone gets it. Jeff Long looks at all those empty seats and then looks at the bank account and laughs!

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 22, 2017, 01:27:10 pm

Which isn't the "start" of the 3rd quarter.

WilsonHog

Spent Friday night eating on the patio at a great spot in Broken Arrow, then taking in a movie at the Warren. Grilled out at my son-in-law's parents' home Saturday afternoon and watched the Texas game.

Had a great weekend that would have been much better had I skipped our game last night.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:55:24 pm
Which isn't the "start" of the 3rd quarter.

I know dude. Wasn't taking one side the or the other, just stating what actually happened.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 22, 2017, 03:00:59 pm
I know dude. Wasn't taking one side the or the other, just stating what actually happened.

I know, my point was to the original poster of said words.