Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Added Three More “Firsts” Tonight

Started by WilsonHog, October 21, 2017, 11:06:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

(1) This is the first time Arkansas has allowed 40+ points in four straight SEC games.

(2) Bielema is the first coach to lose five SEC games by 30+ points.

(3) Auburn's 52-20 win over Arkansas is the Tigers' largest road win over the Hogs in program history.

HogFan1973

I believe now if Bret finishes out the season, then Long needs to go as well.

jst01

He's gone. Ceiling is winning 5 games. Most likely he wins 4. He'll move on to another job late November.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 11:06:25 pm
(1) This is the first time Arkansas has allowed 40+ points in four straight SEC games.

(3) Auburn's 52-20 win over Arkansas is the Tigers' largest road win over the Hogs in program history.

Impressive.

Tusks

Ever since JL pulled the plug on BP, the program has been losing in historic fashion.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 11:11:37 pm
Ever since JL pulled the plug on BP, the program has been losing in historic fashion.

Those two are mutually exclusive.
This is my non-signature signature.

Lady Razorback

So humiliating.

jrulz83

"I've never been to a place where I can give them something they've never had."

Thanks Coach.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jgphillips3

Well, even if he is a clueless moron, he didn't lie.  He has brought us something we never had before.  Outright humiliation and despair.

cj_sez

Bielema should not be allowed to spend another second on Arkansas sidelines.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jst01 on October 21, 2017, 11:10:13 pm
He's gone. Ceiling is winning 5 games. Most likely he wins 4. He'll move on to another job late November.

You actually think the team we've witnessed thus far will actually win two more?  I honestly don't see who or how.  Coastal Carolina, probably, but we will be hard-pressed to outscore anyone else.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Porkette

This is all very uncommon. Bielema continues to rewrite the Arkansas record books.
GO HOGS GO!

Springfield_MO_Razorback

No more excuses. No more! This has been the worst five year span of emotional ups and downs I can ever remember. CBB is breaking all the wrong records in school and SEC history. Time to say good bye is now. Please!!!

Jeffcphog

Polecat

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 21, 2017, 11:13:47 pm

Thanks Coach.

Nailed it!
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: Jeffcphog on October 21, 2017, 11:25:37 pm
John L. Smith would be an upgrade

While I would normally say this is a far stretch... is it really though??

jkstock04

According to Bielema, this is an exact situation they have been in before and poised for a major run. Where at the homers to come to the rescue? LOL
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 21, 2017, 11:12:52 pm
Petrino's Western Kentucky teams would beat the UA's ass...your hatred of anything Petrino is strong for some reason. The man goes 11-2 and you just cannot give the man any credit.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ManBeast

I doubt he coaches after Arkansas. One would think he'd be coaching for a job. If not this one, then for sure the next one. Who is going to hire him after the terrible job he's done here?

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 21, 2017, 11:31:49 pm
According to Bielema, this is an exact situation they have been in before and poised for a major run. Where at the homers to come to the rescue? LOL
We have heard that for far too long. The homers that believed that are half ass naked in CBB's pool right now sucking down bud light and red wine  like there's no tomorrow.

31to6

If 629 yards and 345 yards rushing in RRS aren't records, they have to be close.

Vantage 8 dude

Thanks Coach.
Well we've (regrettably) most certainly been given something we're never had before alright....not sure football hades is exactly what we were hoping for though.

Pigsknuckles

The South End Zone section looked a red river flowing "upstream" mid third quarter. I haven't seen an exodus like that since the movie Ten Commandments. Wish I had taken a video. Haven't seen anything like it in 45 years. I have never, as a Razorback fan, felt such a complete feeling of hopelessness.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

phadedhawg

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 22, 2017, 12:31:17 am
The South End Zone section looked a red river flowing "upstream" mid third quarter. I haven't seen an exodus like that since the movie Ten Commandments. Wish I had taken a video. Haven't seen anything like it in 45 years. I have never, as a Razorback fan, felt such a complete feeling of hopelessness.

I remember 1990, when all the teams we'd picked on the years before took turns taking us to the woodshed.  I was only 11 years old but I didn't know how I could live in a world where TCU &  Texas Tech  could score 50 points on us. 

Now I'm older now and thankfully I'm kinda numb. lol

gchamblee

On the bright side, the next coach will have to do worse than this to break those records.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Didn't we set all kinds of records last year in the Auburn game, for them and us? Glad we could keep the tradition going.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: HogFan1973 on October 21, 2017, 11:08:25 pm
I believe now if Bret finishes out the season, then Long needs to go as well.

Long needs to go regardless for letting Bielema coach this year.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Pork Ranger

Bret is one of the worst coaches in hog history

LJHOG

hawgdavis

I've asked this several times, where do people see the 4th win. I think coastal is a win but at this rate I'm not sure about that one. This is bad folks really ad and getting worse and I don't put it on the players because teams tend to take on the personality of their coach.

SemperFi

Thanks Coach.

The giving hasn't stopped yet. I'm sure BB plans on giving us more first's in the very near future. So excited about it that I just can't wait for the next SEC game.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jlhogfan

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 22, 2017, 09:30:46 am
I've asked this several times, where do people see the 4th win. I think coastal is a win but at this rate I'm not sure about that one. This is bad folks really ad and getting worse and I don't put it on the players because teams tend to take on the personality of their coach.

Maybe Ole Miss, but I think we will beat Mizzou

ICEman

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 21, 2017, 11:15:08 pm
Well, even if he is a clueless moron, he didn't lie.  He has brought us something we never had before.  Outright humiliation and despair.
We've had humiliation at the hands of Miami and USC before.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

RexMentor

Another first -- nine men on the field, players looking to the sidelines for help and coaches -- where were they? Embarrassing lack to attention to what's going on on the field.

hassettsportsman

Again, no second half adjustments that work...Outcoached and outplayed...again!  The only good news....Bielema will be gone!  And Long should follow him!  Don't get me started on those pitiful uniforms!  Idiots....we are cardinal and white!

jjdlc

Quote from: jlhogfan on October 22, 2017, 09:31:48 am
Maybe Ole Miss, but I think we will beat Mizzou

I think we can beat Mizzou, however, with the trajectory of things right now, I'm not sure there will be enough fight left in the team by then to pull it off.

Hogsmo Kramer

He's the worst coach to stand on the sidelines for the hogs, including JLS, although that could be a tie.

Honestly I think he's prob top 10 worst I've seen period.

He is 100% clueless.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

jneal56

I understand that our o-line isn't up to par. What I don't understand is why we have so many slow developing plays. The screens are great but not when we attempt to make 4 fakes. Same on our play action. Takes too long. 3 step drops and bam! Straight ahead runs that hit the hole (where it's supposed to be) and get some yards. Too much delay in our backfield against defenses that are faster than we are.
"At least we are moral"

jgphillips3

Quote from: ICEman on October 22, 2017, 09:35:40 am

One offs.  And both were against once a generation teams...or at worst best team of their individual decade.

MuskogeeHogFan

I don't know if it is a first or not, but you know you are in trouble when the guy with the most carries in the rushing game is your Pro Style QB (Cole Kelley with 15 to David Williams 14) and if not for what looks like 40 negative yards in Sacks, he would have been our second leading rusher last night with 54 yards.

I think Kelley is going to be really good with more experience. What I worry about with him is if we get rid of Bielema and hire someone who embraces an offensive concept that is based in dual threat QB's, Kelley would probably decide to transfer out and that would be a shame. Tough kid and tough competitor.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 22, 2017, 11:10:52 am
I don't know if it is a first or not, but you know you are in trouble when the guy with the most carries in the rushing game is your Pro Style QB (Cole Kelley with 15 to David Williams 14) and if not for what looks like 40 negative yards in Sacks, he would have been our second leading rusher last night with 54 yards.

I think Kelley is going to be really good with more experience. What I worry about with him is if we get rid of Bielema and hire someone who embraces an offensive concept that is based in dual threat QB's, Kelley would probably decide to transfer out and that would be a shame. Tough kid and tough competitor.

I would hate to lose Kelley.  He's the only bright spot in the future of this program right now, absent Hayden who is injured now.

Grunt

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 11:11:37 pm
Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 21, 2017, 11:12:52 pm
Mutually exclusive? How can you say that?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

DZ

Quote from: The NewEra on October 22, 2017, 11:23:55 am
I would hate to lose Kelley.  He's the only bright spot in the future of this program right now, absent Hayden who is injured now.
but what has Hayden done outside of FL A&M game? i'm not understanding the hype. his stats aren't setting anything on fire and he appears undersized. he's had one great game and one decent game. I mean our coaches can't figure anything out so its not totally his fault.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 21, 2017, 11:16:33 pm
You actually think the team we've witnessed thus far will actually win two more?  I honestly don't see who or how.  Coastal Carolina, probably, but we will be hard-pressed to outscore anyone else.

With Old Mrs' Quarterback out for the season we have a chance in Oxford Saturday.  Course we have to be able to stop the run and not make their backup QB look like a Heisman trophy candidate.  Meh...ok...maybe not.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RexMentor on October 22, 2017, 09:38:44 am
Another first -- nine men on the field, players looking to the sidelines for help and coaches -- where were they? Embarrassing lack to attention to what's going on on the field.
Well we obviously couldn't beat 'em with the full eleven at one time so perhaps we'd really throw Awbarn a "curve ball' and play only nine. Heck, gotta try SOMETHING, ANYTHING different to try to shake things up. Uhhh....obviously that was a total disaster as well. Maybe next week we'll try playing eight at a time. Keep going down in numbers till we hit the perfect combination.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DZ on October 22, 2017, 11:47:32 am
but what has Hayden done outside of FL A&M game? i'm not understanding the hype. his stats aren't setting anything on fire and he appears undersized. he's had one great game and one decent game. I mean our coaches can't figure anything out so its not totally his fault.
Well he HAS shown some flashes of at least being able to break some plays. While he may not be showing All-American numbers, he's displayed some elusiveness and grit. Haven't seen much of that elsewhere.

247Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 21, 2017, 11:15:08 pm

We're officially in the Dark Ages.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

rtr

Quote from: ICEman on October 22, 2017, 09:35:40 am
Two great football teams.  Not even close to the same thing.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

buldozer