Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I challenge the Bielemers to find something good about this game!!!!

Started by Roaringboar, October 21, 2017, 10:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 22, 2017, 12:03:39 am
All except hogsanity and Gchamblee and all they do is make excuses about why UA can't get recruits!

CBB lost my support after the TCU game and I was quite vocal about it, so if you're looking for me to defend him you'll be waiting for a while. Also, I challenge you to go find a single post where I have ever claimed we cant recruit better. I dare you. I don't get pissed at people who want to fire CBB, I want him fired too. I do get pissed at people that lie to push their cause though..... like you just did.

As for the OP's childish thread, nobody mocks you for wanting CBB fired. You are totally justified to want him fired. You do however get mocked for being an idiot, making stuff up to be outraged over, calling the staff schoolyard names, trashing players and twisting something that was said into something that wasn't said in your efforts to justify your outrage. Keep being stupid and you'll keep getting mocked.

SpanHog

Either way... It's time to move on.  BB is a good guy, but his best days were back in Wisconsin
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Hogvillage Idiot

I don't think that anyone here thinks that CBB will be the next Bill McCartney.  Maybe that's what Jeff Long thinks, but I bet no one here does.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

The Kig

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 10:59:43 pm
Not so much a witch hunt.....for the last five weeks these guys have mocked and ridiculed anyone who dared challenge Bielema, claimed they were ignorant, we weren't real fans, we didn't know what we were talking about.....I just want to see the same people that were waving the Ole Bert banner and preaching his wonders as coach defend the way our season has turned out thus far.......

Let's separate the fact that you're ignorant from being a fan... I don't think you're not a fan, but you most definitely are an ignorant fan.  Oh by the way, I am not a Bert supporter... Don't need to be.  Just because I haven't joined the village idiots with torches and pitchforks doesn't mean I support Bert. 

I do however recognize the reality of fielding a competitive team at Arkansas.   Only winning will draw recruits here, not some magical coach.  We don't have the horses.  Period.  Unless the state of AR produces some homegrown talent who doesn't Keith Jackson and leave, we are going to struggle no matter who is at the helm.

Bert hasn't done it, so I get he has to go... but that doesn't suddenly make some idiot Hogville posters geniuses.  Being an idiot and being right are both possible, like a broken clock being right twice a day.  Just ask Forrest City Joe, GuvHog and others... They are right twice a day. 

Poker Porker

gchamblee

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2017, 12:06:18 am
Over the line man.  You don't know the hours and effort he's putting in.  Obviously it's not working, and he needs to move on, but that's completely uncalled for.  People fail in their jobs every day, and they don't deserve to be called names for it.  They just need to move on and find something better suited for them.  Show some class man...

Some fans use our football team as a substitute for self esteem, so when we play poorly it affects them personally. They lash out in anger and feel that something they are owed has been taken away from them. They are easy to spot. They get personally embarrassed by how poorly we play and use the only tool they have to get people to hear them voice their anger..... the internet. The internet has no filter, so everyone gets to voice their opinion to the world and those that are not interested in it have to stumble through it, which is exactly what they want. Another fanbase laughing at them over the results of something they have no control over is personally devastating to them.

gchamblee

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2017, 12:09:34 am
Some of you have selective reading skills.  BOTH of those individuals have said that they think BB needs to move on and that it's not working.  But...you cannot tell me that you watched that game and can say that we have the size or talent that Auburn has, much less Bama (which isn't realistic anyway when they're culling 4 stars for 5 stars). 

We look MUCH more like a T Tech or even Ark State team than an SEC team right now based on the eye test.  That's recruiting, and that's on BB.

I think we have the talent to do better than we are now, which is what I blame the coaches for. These kids seem to have fight and pride, but they are being failed by the coaching staff. These are high quality young men that committed their college playing days to Arkansas and deserve better than this. I think a new coaching staff can come in and make immediate improvements.

gchamblee

Quote from: island hog on October 22, 2017, 12:13:49 am
you lost any credibility you had with this.

He lost credibility with me when he said Leach has already been hired to replace CBB and it is just a big secret that will be revealed at a later date.

Count Hogula

Quote from: The Kig on October 22, 2017, 12:44:31 am
Let's separate the fact that you're ignorant from being a fan... I don't think you're not a fan, but you most definitely are an ignorant fan.  Oh by the way, I am not a Bert supporter... Don't need to be.  Just because I haven't joined the village idiots with torches and pitchforks doesn't mean I support Bert. 

I do however recognize the reality of fielding a competitive team at Arkansas.   Only winning will draw recruits here, not some magical coach.  We don't have the horses.  Period.  Unless the state of AR produces some homegrown talent who doesn't Keith Jackson and leave, we are going to struggle no matter who is at the helm.

Bert hasn't done it, so I get he has to go... but that doesn't suddenly make some idiot Hogville posters geniuses.  Being an idiot and being right are both possible, like a broken clock being right twice a day.  Just ask Forrest City Joe, GuvHog and others... They are right twice a day. 

So you are blaming the players, correct?

OhioHog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 22, 2017, 12:10:34 am
I dont mind responding...

I have supported CBB since he was hired and will continue to support him till he is gone.  However, I watch the games and I get frustrated if we lose.  I enjoy breaking down the games and take lots of things into consideration when it comes to the future.  Here's the main part, I'm a functioning adult so I can separate my emotion from my ability to think logically about the future.  Nonetheless, I figured the SC game was probably the straw that broke the camels back so things are probably being evaluated by other adults as to next steps.  Im hopeful we will finish the season strong and if CBB is not retained I will wish him the best and welcome the new guy.  I mean its not as if we havent had plenty of losing seasons since joining the sec.

Lastly, I enjoy challenging people on their positions, debate is fun.  But its not as fun when sarcasm turns into people making personal attacks, insulting the coach, etc.  the bottom line is if anyone on this board knew more about coaching than the current staff, they would be on the sideline and not this board.

I cant speak for the rest of the Bielemers but do hope that this response is what you were hoping for.
Well said.  Same here!

The Kig

Poker Porker

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: gchamblee on October 22, 2017, 12:45:36 am
Some fans use our football team as a substitute for self esteem, so when we play poorly it affects them personally. They lash out in anger and feel that something they are owed has been taken away from them. They are easy to spot. They get personally embarrassed by how poorly we play and use the only tool they have to get people to hear them voice their anger..... the internet. The internet has no filter, so everyone gets to voice their opinion to the world and those that are not interested in it have to stumble through it, which is exactly what they want. Another fanbase laughing at them over the results of something they have no control over is personally devastating to them.

;D  It almost boils down to rational versus irrational when it comes to Hogville posters.  For YEARS I would pout around and allow what happens with Hog sports to affect my mood.  Lose...I'd be pissy...win, I'd be happy.  I wish I had all of that back, but I was a slow learner.   :)   Taking something personal, that you have zero control over, is silly...and I did that for far too many years. 

I look at it much more objectively now, and try to accept that it's entertainment...nothing more.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

gchamblee

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2017, 01:03:44 am
;D  It almost boils down to rational versus irrational when it comes to Hogville posters.  For YEARS I would pout around and allow what happens with Hog sports to affect my mood.  Lose...I'd be pissy...win, I'd be happy.  I wish I had all of that back, but I was a slow learner.   :)   Taking something personal, that you have zero control over, is silly...and I did that for far too many years. 

I look at it much more objectively now, and try to accept that it's entertainment...nothing more.

It is a game. A game I would like to win, but a game nonetheless.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: gchamblee on October 22, 2017, 12:48:30 am
I think we have the talent to do better than we are now, which is what I blame the coaches for. These kids seem to have fight and pride, but they are being failed by the coaching staff. These are high quality young men that committed their college playing days to Arkansas and deserve better than this. I think a new coaching staff can come in and make immediate improvements.

I agree.  It can be analyzed 9 ways to Sunday, but we simply do not have the players to employ the style that BB would like to play.  How that happens when he's the one recruiting is befuddling, but that's where we are and I don't see how that changes. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

gchamblee

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2017, 01:12:31 am
I agree.  It can be analyzed 9 ways to Sunday, but we simply do not have the players to employ the style that BB would like to play.  How that happens when he's the one recruiting is befuddling, but that's where we are and I don't see how that changes.

Ya I like his style. I love ground and pound because it can demoralize a team when you do it well. When Bama starts running on you it is a thing of beauty. Problem is, the man in charge knows what it takes to run it, is in charge of offering scholarships, and has had to change our offensive personality because of his failure to get what he needs to run it here. This is all on him, these are all his kids.

I was sold on Kurt Anderson because Gragg said we got a great one when we hired him. Well, I'm not convinced of that now. He appears to be horrible but I do not watch practices and have no inside connections so my opinion is pretty much based in what I see on television.

Roaringboar

Quote from: gchamblee on October 22, 2017, 12:39:11 am
CBB lost my support after the TCU game and I was quite vocal about it, so if you're looking for me to defend him you'll be waiting for a while. Also, I challenge you to go find a single post where I have ever claimed we cant recruit better. I dare you. I don't get pissed at people who want to fire CBB, I want him fired too. I do get pissed at people that lie to push their cause though..... like you just did.

As for the OP's childish thread, nobody mocks you for wanting CBB fired. You are totally justified to want him fired. You do however get mocked for being an idiot, making stuff up to be outraged over, calling the staff schoolyard names, trashing players and twisting something that was said into something that wasn't said in your efforts to justify your outrage. Keep being stupid and you'll keep getting mocked.

1) I'm only getting mocked by the Bielemers, which I'm cool with since all of them tried to tell me we'd for sure beat Auburn this week........we see how that turned out......
2) I don't call the staff schoolyard names......Bert was a nickname created at Wisky, it's no different from the way Hog fans call Miles "Leslie" or Nick Saban "Nickie Satan"...
3) And I didn't twist anything, I posted an article where he clearly threw his players under the bus, don't blame me if you can't understand that
4) I don't bash the players, if anything I've totally supported them, it's the staff I pin all of this on...

Thanks for playing  ;D ;D ;D
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: Count Hogula on October 22, 2017, 12:50:27 am
So you are blaming the players, correct?

Oh yeah.....you see the Bielemers waited till after dark to come out and then took to bashing posters.....only this time it's foolish nonsense considering everything they've said about us beating Auburn and winning out was proven to be total B.S. this week......so they're going to keep on stooping down to insulting....."You aren't a real fan" "You're just ignorant" "You don't know anything about football".......Despite the fact they said all week I was wrong when I said Auburn would hang 50+ points on us, and we'd look horrible in the process.....we at least scored a few times.....but it was still another embarassing match up brought to you entirely by Bert's horrible coaching and his poor quality staff.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

longbore

Bielema didn't appear to be quite as big of an ass during the post game mid field handshake as in the past...at least figuratively so...

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 10:51:50 pm
I want you all to come out and tell me on this post what exactly you saw that indicated we should keep Bert......seriously.....I want to know how you can defend him after tonight......After ranting about the Hogs have a FIGHTING SPIRIT that just won't be denied, after all the yelling about how Auburn wasn't "as great as everyone thinks" and how "it won't be as bad as everyone thinks", and after the never-ending reminding that "this is the time of year we always get things going and it starts with a big upset like Auburn"........surely you Bielemers feel a little bit embarrased about the way your boy Ole Bert did in this one......what's one good take-away from this game, and the 100 yrd kickoff cannot count since everyone saw the TWO illegal blocks in the back that should've overturned the TD......

If you really want to complain why aren't you asking whose idea it was to have the helmets not show the Hog last night. Whose idea was it to make that iconic logo disappear?

ricepig

Quote from: Rayzback on October 21, 2017, 10:56:19 pm
It was not stopped for lightning.

We were able to leave early because of the score and fly back to J'boro before 10:30!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 10:59:43 pm
Not so much a witch hunt.....for the last five weeks these guys have mocked and ridiculed anyone who dared challenge Bielema, claimed they were ignorant, we weren't real fans, we didn't know what we were talking about.....I just want to see the same people that were waving the Ole Bert banner and preaching his wonders as coach defend the way our season has turned out thus far.......

Bullcrap. Quit starting stupid threads. Nobody supports this guy. A few posters looking for positives does NOT mean they support him.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

farmhawg

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 10:56:08 pm
Man this guy is seriously on a witch hunt for Bielemers lol. Come all you Bielemers bow low and beg his forgiveness!
Heres one.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: gchamblee on October 22, 2017, 12:39:11 am

Yep, childish like you might send him your address for a meeting childish? You keep trying but not quite succeeding, kinda sad.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ZERO

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 21, 2017, 10:54:41 pm
There were plenty a couple months ago.  Seems like they have crawled back under their rocks

No there weren't. There was a small handful of stragglers and a sizeable group of people who, at season's beginning,  realized we had no choice but to bite the bullet and suffer through the season. So might as well try and be positive.

Now even those people are gone, and have been for several weeks. We can stop making these stupid topics every week, we're all pretty well on the same page.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

livevanguy

Well Auburn looked good. Does that count?

Also, our adaptation of the Auburn flop was stellar!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Paul

Bright spots were our goal line defense early in the game & special teams.  I really liked the hire & how B.B. has recruited good kids, but it's time for him to go. He's lost his kids, his fan base, & if u believe even some of these rumors, the big boosters

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: livevanguy on October 22, 2017, 11:14:58 am
Well Auburn looked good. Does that count?

Also, our adaptation of the Auburn flop was stellar!

I'm already ready to see the next edition of Chuck Norris's sniper rifle to include our flop.  I loved how he hit the deck, and the play actually went to the opposite sie of the field, and then he jumps up after the TD and starts complaining to the ref.  How did that conversation go?  "Hey, I was hurt...I was hurt!"  "Yep, you look to be in horrible pain.  Let's call the Wambulance."