Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Large Wager On The Hogs

Started by FIOG, November 24, 2013, 05:52:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FIOG

Frank Fletcher has around 200K bet on the Hogs heads up this week. I don't like his chances of not paying.

Poker_hog

Quote from: FIOG on November 24, 2013, 05:52:53 am
Frank Fletcher has around 200K bet on the Hogs heads up this week. I don't like his chances of not paying.

I could see this on the basketball game.  Noway he's betting strait up on the football game.  We're like a 10-1 dog to win at lsu.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

FIOG

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 24, 2013, 06:01:32 am
I could see this on the basketball game.  Noway he's betting strait up on the football game.  We're like a 10-1 dog to win at lsu.

Well if Arkansas loses he is giving away a car a month for the next year. That will come to around 200K or so.

McHogLovin

I wish he would let me take his full 200k action if he's honestly doing this.  Frank, if you're really doing this please teach me a lesson by betting me the 200k. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: FIOG on November 24, 2013, 06:03:10 am
Well if Arkansas loses he is giving away a car a month for the next year. That will come to around 200K or so.

What a great promo.  He "wins" either way.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Poker_hog

Quote from: FIOG on November 24, 2013, 06:03:10 am
Lame.  Didn't realize this thread was about a promotion to sell more cars.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

zane

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 24, 2013, 06:09:35 am
Lame.  Didn't realize this thread was about a promotion to sell more cars.

You opened a thread started by FIOG and expected it to not be lame??

That's on you
RIP LSUfan

Break & Run

He made that wager on air on 103.7 The Buzz before the season started.  He, like Coach B, didn't know that the team would be this bad.  The $200,000 wager are the amounts for the 12 cars he'll be giving away.  This is something he couldn't purchase insurance on because he made the bet before he could buy the insurance.  It was a spur of the moment thing that will come back to bite 'em.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ricepig

Quote from: Break & Run on November 24, 2013, 10:32:04 am
He made that wager on air on 103.7 The Buzz before the season started.  He, like Coach B, didn't know that the team would be this bad.  The $200,000 wager are the amounts for the 12 cars he'll be giving away.  This is something he couldn't purchase insurance on because he made the bet before he could buy the insurance.  It was a spur of the moment thing that will come back to bite 'em.

I think he'll be ok, plus he will write it off as a business deduction.

westside_player

He'll end up having to buy those cars himself. Most those new cars on his lots he doesn't own, he just sells. He just pays the bank, or the manufacture, whoever, when they sell

I bet he gets some clunker trade in's through there and gives them away. That won't hurt him. Can't imagine 200k being to easy even for him, if that's what it truly is. I've heard about the bet on the buzz, but has he even said they would be new cars or 200k worth of cars?