Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone tell me how these kids have been overlooked?

Started by ballhogger, October 17, 2016, 11:04:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhogger

Are we scared to offer this young man because we are afraid we will lose him to A State?  I have been to several Jonesboro games and he is lights out.  Has great size too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4739816/jonathan-adams

Also this kid is one of the better athletes I have seen with the ball in his hands in the past few years.  There are some plays on this Highlight that are just crazy. I had a chance to see the Stewart kid from Highland play in High School and this kid is far superior.  Am I missing something?  From what I am told this is his first year at receiver.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6000585/57bdc84adfe2994230132513

onebadrubi

Couple of questions..

1) What's your relation?

2) What year did you graduate from A-state?

3) Has he been to any Arkansas football Camps?

4) how many stars does he have?

5) Can he play MLB? (Not baseball)

Swine Time

Agree!!!!!!
Yes Adams is fast and has the height for SEC D1 Football!!!! But weighing in at 160, how well can he take a hit from a MLB weighing in at 200+ or a SEC Corner at 180......
There is several players in the state with D1 qualities but maybe not SEC qualities or size. The coaches get the see things we cant and I may not always understand their logics but will never change the team I root for. Ive posted about a couple of players with what I believe is SEC qualities., but the coaches don't believe that their position is one of the teams needs.
Quote from: onebadrubi on October 17, 2016, 11:27:41 am
Couple of questions..

1) What's your relation?

There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

southeasthog

Quote from: ballhogger on October 17, 2016, 11:04:00 am
Are we scared to offer this young man because we are afraid we will lose him to A State? 
Yes, this is it. We're afraid to offer him because of Arkansas State.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Swine Time on October 17, 2016, 11:43:19 am
Agree!!!!!!
Yes Adams is fast and has the height for SEC D1 Football!!!! But weighing in at 160, how well can he take a hit from a MLB weighing in at 200+ or a SEC Corner at 180......
There is several players in the state with D1 qualities but maybe not SEC qualities or size. The coaches get the see things we cant and I may not always understand their logics but will never change the team I root for. Ive posted about a couple of players with what I believe is SEC qualities., but the coaches don't believe that their position is one of the teams needs.

Lol, the MLB comment is being a SA because for awhile on here a few years back every player was potentially a MLB or peole thought should be. 

hview

That HUDL video has Adams at 6'3" and 201 pounds. I'm not sure how fast he might be, but if he could play Safety or LB red-shirt him and see how he develops. 

ballhogger

Couple of questions..

1) What's your relation?

1.  I am a high school football fan from the Jonesboro area who keeps up with all of the North East teams.  I like to travel and see Jonesboro, Batesville, Wynne, and some the better programs in the area.  Blythville is fun to watch this year.  Every now and then I go watch West Memphis.

2.  I did not go to ASU.  I am a Razorback.

3.  Not sure

4.  Shouldn't matter...Drew Morgan had no stars.  A player is a player

5.  No

The funny thing is I knew the Adams kid would be good and expected AR to offer.  This Robinson kid from Batesville looks like the real deal.  His highlight is impressive.  Batesville got smashed this last Friday but the thing I noticed was his kickoff returns.  He can fly.

onebadrubi

Guys, the days of Arkansas taking an instate kid to redshirt and see what happens on scholly are gone.  Those kids are now asked to walkon or be a prefferred walk on. 

Before bashing the staff or making completely ignorant A-state remarks, you should find out if he's been to any camps and if the coaches have viewed him.  We have seen players on here before been given contact info for how to get their tape and such to the recruiting dept.  If that kid has the skills in todays world I am sure his coach has done everything he can to get it in front of the staff. 

ballhogger

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 17, 2016, 12:14:06 pm
Guys, the days of Arkansas taking an instate kid to redshirt and see what happens on scholly are gone.  Those kids are now asked to walkon or be a prefferred walk on. 

Before bashing the staff or making completely ignorant A-state remarks, you should find out if he's been to any camps and if the coaches have viewed him.  We have seen players on here before been given contact info for how to get their tape and such to the recruiting dept.  If that kid has the skills in todays world I am sure his coach has done everything he can to get it in front of the staff.

Not bashing the staff.  I love the coaching staff.  I love coach B.  I was asking a serious question because I know that the Adam's kid dad played at A State.  I didn't know if we wanted to extend the hand in fear of being rejected and look as if we had lost a recruit to them.  I was just curious if anyone else had seen these boys and thought the same thing.  Maybe I am off base a little.  I just know I have seen them both play twice this year and they were both the two best athletes by far that I have seen.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ballhogger on October 17, 2016, 12:20:16 pm
Not bashing the staff.  I love the coaching staff.  I love coach B.  I was asking a serious question because I know that the Adam's kid dad played at A State.  I didn't know if we wanted to extend the hand in fear of being rejected and look as if we had lost a recruit to them.  I was just curious if anyone else had seen these boys and thought the same thing.  Maybe I am off base a little.  I just know I have seen them both play twice this year and they were both the two best athletes by far that I have seen.

I believe if you research Dre Greenlaws recruitment it will tell you all you need to know about that situation.  It is not a case of being scared they can't get a kid they want away from A-state.

trphog

How many other scholarship offers does he have besides A-State?

jjdlc

His height and weight vary a lot depending where you look.  Also, look at his offer list, we aren't the only ones to not offer.  He doesn't even have offers from the usual directional schools.  I'm not sure why his recruitment is so cold.

jackflash

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on October 17, 2016, 12:48:41 pm
His height and weight vary a lot depending where you look.  Also, look at his offer list, we aren't the only ones to not offer.  He doesn't even have offers from the usual directional schools.  I'm not sure why his recruitment is so cold.

Jonathan measured 6' 3 1/2" the other day for basketball. He probably weighs close to the 200lbs, and has good speed, not elite. He plays on the inside in basketball and can sky. As far as DB or safety, he's not a big hitter, I don't see him as a D-I player there.

Arkansas has been to see him a few times, so yes, they know all about him. I think he's been to camp, or was scheduled to, but he plays AAU basketball in the summer, so that doesn't always allow for camps. He's a great kid, but I've watched him for the past three years and have questioned if he was SEC material. I still ask myself that every game I watch of him.

stahawg

jackflash

ballhogger

Quote from: jackflash on October 18, 2016, 09:14:48 am
Question how do you know he's been overlooked

I see kids get recruited to the University that I wouldn't think are better than either of these two.  I would think they are being overlooked or we are just on better talent than we were a couple of years ago.

ricepig

Quote from: ballhogger on October 18, 2016, 09:56:48 am
I see kids get recruited to the University that I wouldn't think are better than either of these two.  I would think they are being overlooked or we are just on better talent than we were a couple of years ago.

Well, the staff gets paid big money to evaluate players, and yes, they make mistakes, but they've for sure watched Jonathan.

jackflash

Peter Porker

Quote from: ballhogger on October 17, 2016, 12:08:32 pm
1.  I am a high school football fan from the Jonesboro area who keeps up with all of the North East teams.  I like to travel and see Jonesboro, Batesville, Wynne, and some the better programs in the area.  Blythville is fun to watch this year.  Every now and then I go watch West Memphis.

2.  I did not go to ASU.  I am a Razorback.

3.  Not sure

4.  Shouldn't matter...Drew Morgan had no stars.  A player is a player

5.  No

The funny thing is I knew the Adams kid would be good and expected AR to offer.  This Robinson kid from Batesville looks like the real deal.  His highlight is impressive.  Batesville got smashed this last Friday but the thing I noticed was his kickoff returns.  He can fly.

The Robinson kid doesn't have elite speed. I've seen him run.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ballhogger

Quote from: Peter Porker on October 18, 2016, 11:19:04 am
The Robinson kid doesn't have elite speed. I've seen him run.

When I watched him return a kickoff against Wynne this past Friday it looked elite to me.  Like I said earlier I might be off.  Robinson looks faster than Adams to me but to me Adams has the frame and strength.  I guess my point is I know in the past few years we have taken in state kids that would not have rated higher than these guys.  There is no way you can convince me that Deon Stewart, or Pettway is any better.  I specifically use those to because size and speed wise Robinson is similar maybe, bigger than Stewart, and Adams, maybe bigger than Pettway, and both of these kids play in a higher classification.  I am just saying that I don't get it.  I love our coaching staff but is it possible we look elsewhere too early.  IDK

jjdlc

Quote from: ballhogger on October 19, 2016, 08:41:45 am
When I watched him return a kickoff against Wynne this past Friday it looked elite to me.  Like I said earlier I might be off.  Robinson looks faster than Adams to me but to me Adams has the frame and strength.  I guess my point is I know in the past few years we have taken in state kids that would not have rated higher than these guys.  There is no way you can convince me that Deon Stewart, or Pettway is any better.  I specifically use those to because size and speed wise Robinson is similar maybe, bigger than Stewart, and Adams, maybe bigger than Pettway, and both of these kids play in a higher classification.  I am just saying that I don't get it.  I love our coaching staff but is it possible we look elsewhere too early.  IDK

Pettway's offer list:

Arkansas
Louisville
Ole Miss
Alabama
Auburn
Lafayette
LSU
Ohio State
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Southern Miss

Deon Stewart's offer list:

Arkansas
Arkansas State
Louisville
Ole Miss
Tulsa

Jonathan Adams Jr's offer list:
Arkansas State
Central Arkansas
SE Missouri St.

Kylan Robinson doesn't show any offers.  Also, his hudl profile lists him as class of 2016, then his video says class of 2017, so thats confusing.

I'm not sure what to tell you, it's obvious that more than just Arkansas coaches disagree with you on Adams and Robinson.

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on October 19, 2016, 09:30:58 am
Pettway's offer list:

Arkansas
Louisville
Ole Miss
Alabama
Auburn
Lafayette
LSU
Ohio State
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Southern Miss

Deon Stewart's offer list:

Arkansas
Arkansas State
Louisville
Ole Miss
Tulsa

Jonathan Adams Jr's offer list:
Arkansas State
Central Arkansas
SE Missouri St.

Kylan Robinson doesn't show any offers.  Also, his hudl profile lists him as class of 2016, then his video says class of 2017, so thats confusing.

I'm not sure what to tell you, it's obvious that more than just Arkansas coaches disagree with you on Adams and Robinson.

Friday night fans always know talent better.  ;)

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig

RD says we are still evaluating Adams, but I don't see any slot available as we have several WR/athletes committed and need OL and lots of defensive help with the other spots.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ballhogger on October 19, 2016, 08:41:45 am

Robinson's times.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

tophawg19

track speed has nothing to do with football speed . track is more about form and getting off the blocks . Football speed comes from a standing position without the blocks .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ballhogger

Quote from: Peter Porker on October 19, 2016, 08:23:43 pm
Robinson's times.
Those times in 2015 are from his SO year.  You are comparing those times to Deon's SR year.   I will be going to the Batesville and Blytheville game this friday.  I am sure someone will know what the hold up is.

ballhogger

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2016, 01:14:55 pm
RD says we are still evaluating Adams, but I don't see any slot available as we have several WR/athletes committed and need OL and lots of defensive help with the other spots.

This may very well be true.

Peter Porker

Peter Porker

Quote from: ballhogger on October 20, 2016, 09:08:34 am
Those times in 2015 are from his SO year.  You are comparing those times to Deon's SR year.   I will be going to the Batesville and Blytheville game this friday.  I am sure someone will know what the hold up is.

Because he didn't run the 100 and 200 last season. The reason for that is there were a couple of kids faster than him on his team. He does run the 400m. I'm not saying he's not a good athlete and he could develop into an NFL player. All I'm doing is giving some evidence that maybe he isn't fast enough to be recruited by Arkansas.

ballhogger

Quote from: Peter Porker on October 20, 2016, 10:39:39 am
Fastest girls' times from last year.

He is obviously faster than that...the film shows him outrunning guys from Forest City, and Wynne.  Both programs who have speed.  I am going to the game on Friday and ask around.  I just look at him and feel there is way to much upside and he looks as fast every bit as fast as Deon.  His sophomore track times may not reflect that.

ricepig

Quote from: ballhogger on October 20, 2016, 10:55:52 am
He is obviously faster than that...the film shows him outrunning guys from Forest City, and Wynne.  Both programs who have speed.

How many of those guys are getting D-I offers? Being faster than your competition doesn't necessarily mean you have SEC type speed.

PorkRinds

He is obviously faster than that...the film shows him outrunning guys from Forest City, and Wynne.  Both programs who have speed.  I am going to the game on Friday and ask around.  I just look at him and feel there is way to much upside and he looks as fast every bit as fast as Deon.  His sophomore track times may not reflect that.

You think the best way to get an idea about why they weren't offered is to go to their school': game and ask around?  I predict you'll hear a lot of "the coaches dropped the ball he's going to be special" coming from fans of his.

ballhogger

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2016, 12:23:35 pm
You think the best way to get an idea about why they weren't offered is to go to their school': game and ask around?  I predict you'll hear a lot of "the coaches dropped the ball he's going to be special" coming from fans of his.

I didn't say that.  I was just curious and thought someone can give me some insight on what is going on?  I have seen him play twice this year and he stands out.  I am sure I will get some of those responses but I am really just curious because he jumps out when you watch him. 

ballhogger

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2016, 11:00:02 am
How many of those guys are getting D-I offers? Being faster than your competition doesn't necessarily mean you have SEC type speed.

What does that matter?  I guess you are proving the point I was making because if they based offers off of competition than Deon would not have gotten one.  A player is a player.

ricepig

Quote from: ballhogger on October 20, 2016, 03:27:24 pm
What does that matter?  I guess you are proving the point I was making because if they based offers off of competition than Deon would not have gotten one.  A player is a player.

He showed what he could do at camp against similar athletes, I don't know about the other two.

secneahog

Quote from: ballhogger on October 20, 2016, 03:27:24 pm

I fully trust Lunney is all over the instate recruiting, especially with the help of satellite camps. 

One way or another, the guy hasn't received a offer from the 🐗. 

I'm in NEA also, drive to NWA and watch some real High School football.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

texashog33

I've seen the robinson kid play a couple of times and the kid is talented and fast. Does that mean he's talented enough to play at Arkansas, who knows. I think his geographics have hurt him. If he were in Little Rock (or somewhere similar) we would have a better idea of this kid.  Hopefully he'll receive a preferred walk on spot because he's one of the better athletes in the state IMO.

ballhogger

For anyone who was curious on the Robinson kid.  I asked around and was told that this was Robinson's first year to work at receiver.  The gentleman I talked to also said that age wise he should only be a Junior so those track times that were posted would have been him as a young 14 year old.  He said that he won the 5A state in the triple jump as a 14 year old and still has some growing to do and didn't get to compete last year in track until the last meet because he had surgery on his toe.  He only ran one meet then competed and finished 4th in the decathlon with no training.  Whoever said someone would say that " this kid is special"  was right but it sounds like he is pretty impressive for having just turned 17.  I wish he had another year in high school.  He is fun to watch.  I saw him make an impressive up and over TD grab this Friday.

The_Iceman

acey33

Couple of questions..

1) What's your relation?

After this last weekend, can he Tackle?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: ballhogger on October 17, 2016, 11:04:00 am
Are we scared to offer this young man because we are afraid we will lose him to A State?  I have been to several Jonesboro games and he is lights out.  Has great size too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4739816/jonathan-adams

Also this kid is one of the better athletes I have seen with the ball in his hands in the past few years.  There are some plays on this Highlight that are just crazy. I had a chance to see the Stewart kid from Highland play in High School and this kid is far superior.  Am I missing something?  From what I am told this is his first year at receiver.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6000585/57bdc84adfe2994230132513

Arkansas is fully aware of both. Every year the Hogs reevaluate kids that are on the fringe of being an offer prospect. They have done the same this year. Jonathan, Tre Norwood of Ft Smith Northside and others have been looked at.

Danny J

I saw some highlights of Tre on the news this morning. I don't keep up with recruiting at all and defer to you guys. Norwood sure passes the eye test as far as speed, quickness, agility and being able to flat make people miss. I believe they said he is committed to Louisville so obviously CBP sees something in him. He did an interview this morning and is very well spoken young man.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danny J on October 25, 2016, 03:45:38 pm
I saw some highlights of Tre on the news this morning. I don't keep up with recruiting at all and defer to you guys. Norwood sure passes the eye test as far as speed, quickness, agility and being able to flat make people miss. I believe they said he is committed to Louisville so obviously CBP sees something in him. He did an interview this morning and is very well spoken young man.

http://247sports.com/player/tre-norwood-92986

holeinthewall

Is Adams Jr not the son of Jonathon Adams that played at ASU? 

ricepig

hogsanity

The OP is just more hometownheroitis. It is heard every day on call in shows as well. " Whay aren;t the hogs looking at jimbob fudrucker from rural special combo district #4?! I tell you what, he is a diamond in the rough. Last week against gobstopper tech he rolled for 4td's and 278 yards. Yes, true, gobstopper had to play with only 9 on D, but still, that boy is amazing. I guess yankees BB and Long just dont got no use for a 5'4" 130lb rb who wants to play for the hogs, typical for carpet baggers like them 2 is ".

Seriously, are any other SEC schools pursuing the kid from Jonesboro? I ask because until this thread I had never heard of him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

draftkings33

As they say the stopwatch doesnt lie.  Looking at his track results he runs a 24.8 200 meter and High Jumps 6-0.  Its gonna be really hard to play in the SEC with those numbers if you are not thick.  Now I know several will laugh at me the same way when I told them Ty Storey was overrated....