Started by Richard Davenport, October 14, 2016, 08:37:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

You think we have any shot at him?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: ballinhog on October 17, 2016, 09:48:22 am

I do. How much we'll see.

I think distance helps Arkansas along with the ability of his family to see him play. 

ballinhog

I think him, Brown, and Hernandez would be a very good safety class. Assuming they're wanting Hernandez at safety. That's what he looks like to me.

Großer Kriegschwein

Him and Brown would be the best safety class I can remember.
This is my non-signature signature.

jackflash

If we get Woods and Calloway will be the best set of DB we have reruited

ballinhog

Quote from: jackflash on October 20, 2016, 09:27:25 am
If we get Woods and Calloway will be the best set of DB we have reruited

We're way past due when it comes to getting a group of DB's to be excited about. Seems like it goes all the way back to those couple years where we got Lawrence Richardson, Batman, and Marvin Jackson. I can't remember the safeties, was it Ken Hamlin back in those days? Man how nice would a secondary like that look right now.

Marvin Jackson never was a big name but I always thought he was very underrated. He was afraid of absolutely no one. I remember Mississippi state had Rudi Johnson I think was his name, and little ol Marvin would come up and put the pads on that big dude. That's what we need now

King Kong

Quote from: ballinhog on October 20, 2016, 05:54:05 pm

We're way past due when it comes to getting a group of DB's to be excited about. Seems like it goes all the way back to those couple years where we got Lawrence Richardson, Batman, and Marvin Jackson. I can't remember the safeties, was it Ken Hamlin back in those days? Man how nice would a secondary like that look right now.

Marvin Jackson never was a big name but I always thought he was very underrated. He was afraid of absolutely no one. I remember Mississippi state had Rudi Johnson I think was his name, and little ol Marvin would come up and put the pads on that big dude. That's what we need now

Don't forget food network star Eddie Jackson who played in the NFL as well.

ballinhog

Quote from: King Kong on October 20, 2016, 06:02:16 pm
Don't forget food network star Eddie Jackson who played in the NFL as well.

Oh yea I forgot he was a part of that group as well. Dang we had a good secondary. I think it was 2001 or 2002 we led the SEC in total defense

ballhogger

Quote from: ballinhog on October 17, 2016, 09:48:22 am

I don't know but he would be the best safety prospect I have seen us land in a long while.

ricepig

October 21, 2016, 09:49:18 am #10 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:48:32 am by ricepig
Quote from: ballhogger on October 21, 2016, 08:05:24 am
I don't know but he would be the best safety prospect I have seen us land in a long while.

We already have a higher rated safety commit in Brown.

tusksincolorado

Atwater.....then Hamlin.

That was our best.  ;)
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

OLDHOG

Kenoy Kennedy wasn't bad either.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: OLDHOG on October 21, 2016, 11:31:42 am
Kenoy Kennedy wasn't bad either.

and I think he was on the same team as David Barrett, another very good DB...

ballinhog

I was watching old highlights last night and ended up watching the 2006 Louisiana Monroe game where Michael Grant had 3 picks. Even he would be nice right about now. Actually with the way the game is these days, Grant is a perfect type of safety. 10 years I woulda took Kenoy Kennedy over Michael Grant but now I would possibly take Grant over Kenoy

The_Iceman

Quote from: ballinhog on October 21, 2016, 11:47:28 am
I was watching old highlights last night and ended up watching the 2006 Louisiana Monroe game where Michael Grant had 3 picks. Even he would be nice right about now. Actually with the way the game is these days, Grant is a perfect type of safety. 10 years I woulda took Kenoy Kennedy over Michael Grant but now I would possibly take Grant over Kenoy

Now, Kenoy would be an OLB. And would be awesome at it against these spread teams.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 21, 2016, 11:45:32 am
and I think he was on the same team as David Barrett, another very good DB...

you are correct!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ballhogger

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2016, 09:49:18 am
We already have a higher rated safety commit in Brown.

That is not the point, He looks like a better prospect to me.  That is why I made the comment.  This guy looks much more polished and has great ball instincts.

ricepig

Quote from: ballhogger on October 24, 2016, 11:20:52 am
That is not the point, He looks like a better prospect to me.  That is why I made the comment.  This guy looks much more polished and has great ball instincts.

And, others think Brown is a better prospect.

Dominicanhog

we have room for all of them and if as good as advertised, immediate playing time.. maybe even starting positions..

onebadrubi

Just give me both.  Safety is a position in need of some stacking.  We will take it!

outlawhogeywells

saw where he visited Misery State over the weekend and now the crystal ball predictions have him at 85% to Michigan and 15% to M$U. 
Not that I thought we had a chance to sway him from Michigan, but for M$U to have even be considered is beyond me

ballhogger

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2016, 11:50:02 am
Just give me both.  Safety is a position in need of some stacking.  We will take it!

You sound like the Ortega girl..."Why can't we have both?"

King Kong

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 21, 2016, 10:49:24 am
saw where he visited Misery State over the weekend and now the crystal ball predictions have him at 85% to Michigan and 15% to M$U. 
Not that I thought we had a chance to sway him from Michigan, but for M$U to have even be considered is beyond me

I agree.Real question is how can he go to Mistake, watch us kill them and then still want to go there?

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: King Kong on November 21, 2016, 01:29:58 pm
I agree.Real question is how can he go to Mistake, watch us kill them and then still want to go there?

I guess he saw playing time at M$U, but couldn't he see the same playing time with us?  Must have been one hell of a recruiting visit.  wink wink nudge nudge

Nosboar Accubond

secneahog

You people do know, we have a FS and a SS spots open right?   

🤔

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/nov/22/alabama-defensive-back-nearing-decision/?f=recruiting

We in his top 3. The interest is Very high. 

Doom and gloomers can go back to their caves now.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

No doom a
Quote from: secneahog on November 22, 2016, 07:58:17 am
You people do know, we have a FS and a SS spots open right?   

🤔

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/nov/22/alabama-defensive-back-nearing-decision/?f=recruiting

We in his top 3. The interest is Very high. 

Doom and gloomers can go back to their caves now.

No doom and gloom, I just think we are second or third on his list, I hope I'm wrong.

Also, aren't Liddell, Ramirez, and Coley all Jr's?

PorkSoda

Quote from: ballinhog on October 20, 2016, 06:06:10 pm
Oh yea I forgot he was a part of that group as well. Dang we had a good secondary. I think it was 2001 or 2002 we led the SEC in total defense
back then I had more faith in our defense to score than our offense.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2016, 10:04:26 am
No doom a
No doom and gloom, I just think we are second or third on his list, I hope I'm wrong.

Also, aren't Liddell, Ramirez, and Coley all Jr's?
Who do you think is #1?

hawginbigd1

I wish he wouldn't have worded that tweet like that unless he means it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Who are the biggest players for Woods?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2016, 09:22:26 pm
Who are the biggest players for Woods?
Dozens of offers except Bama, committed to Michigan

GrizzlyRider07

It's down to us Michigan and Mississippi State
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ricepig

I think he announcing on Friday at 8:45AM, he says "signing papers"???? I don't know if he's an early enrollee, or what, lol.

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2016, 07:45:43 am
I think he announcing on Friday at 8:45AM, he says "signing papers"???? I don't know if he's an early enrollee, or what, lol.

It would have to be financial aid paperwork.  We look to have quite a few early enrollees this year, if we land Woods too, that would be very good.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2016, 07:45:43 am

I've read he plans to enroll in January.

outlawhogeywells

this guy has the talent to start as a true freshman here in Fayetteville.
I am sure the line is long to get on the field in Michigan
Not sure about depth in Missery state, but you still have to live in Starkville

ballhogger

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 09:10:15 pm
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/803434982379311104

You would have to think that he is ours by this tweet...but I have thought that before and been majorly let down.

navyhog24

Still not getting my hopes up. We have been through this song and dance too many times.

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on November 29, 2016, 08:21:47 am
It would have to be financial aid paperwork.  We look to have quite a few early enrollees this year, if we land Woods too, that would be very good.

Hopefully we win this one.

Nosboar Accubond

He tweeted "Let's get it baby!" With the Michigan emoji right before the Michigan game started. Anybody's bet right now...

ricepig

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 29, 2016, 12:40:09 pm
He tweeted "Let's get it baby!" With the Michigan emoji right before the Michigan game started. Anybody's bet right now...

Yep, probably will have nice things to say about MSU and Michigan tonight and tomorrow night.

jackflash

Woods, Calloway and LB Johnson would  go along way to Arkansas having a defense lets cross are fingers

HOGINTENNESSEE

I don't expect good new from this front.

But yeah I am wrong sometimes

Scott7703

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 29, 2016, 06:38:11 pm
I don't expect good new from this front.

But yeah I am wrong sometimes

Arkansas or miss state for him I figure. Hope for the best

sowmonella

I've got a really good feeling about this one.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Arthur pigby sellers.

After how last recruiting season ended, I'm done getting my hopes up on big time out of staters this late in recruiting.  He's been committed to Michigan, and I'd guess that's where he ends up. If we had won 9 games things would probably be done different, but Michigan had a much better season.

kp72204

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 29, 2016, 07:43:13 pm
After how last recruiting season ended, I'm done getting my hopes up on big time out of staters this late in recruiting.  He's been committed to Michigan, and I'd guess that's where he ends up. If we had won 9 games things would probably be done different, but Michigan had a much better season.
I have fingers crossed as well but i imagine the more prestigious school.