Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thomas Johnston mid-season highlights

Started by Richard Davenport, October 11, 2016, 06:47:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 11, 2016, 09:40:12 pm
This kid is a NEED get

Is he athletic enough to tackle and cover SEC speed in space???  4.78 speed is not impressive.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 12, 2016, 09:50:47 am
Is he athletic enough to tackle and cover SEC speed in space???  4.78 speed is not impressive.

I don't know but the coaches at Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Ole Miss, Louisville, Mich St, Clemson, Iowa, Oregon, VT, Arkansas, etc, etc, etc think that he is.  We certainly don't have a LB on the roster than can even dream of an offer list like that.  We have to start adding guys like this on a more consistent basis to take another step forward.

HardingHog

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Thomas Johnston and Justin Thomas will be playing on ESPN2 at 7pm. I guess the whole country can get a good look at just what Thomas can bring to the table

ricepig

We need him, badly, along with another CB.

IMABIELEMA

If in state schools haven't offered then we should stay away.

HardingHog

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 14, 2016, 01:06:39 am
If in state schools haven't offered then we should stay away.

He's been offered by Auburn, LSU, Clemson, etc. I hope we stay as close as possible

blu

Looks like a Brooks Ellis replacement with more game speed. I'd be glad to get him.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: HardingHog on October 14, 2016, 01:48:01 am
He's been offered by Auburn, LSU, Clemson, etc. I hope we stay as close as possible

According to rivals Auburn/Alabama haven't offered.  Not saying you are wrong ,  just saying rivals says they haven't. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HardingHog on October 13, 2016, 06:22:26 pm
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Thomas Johnston and Justin Thomas will be playing on ESPN2 at 7pm. I guess the whole country can get a good look at just what Thomas can bring to the table

Did anybody see any of this game and if so, how did the 2 guys we are recruiting look?

King Kong

October 14, 2016, 09:33:30 am #11 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:55:09 am by King Kong
Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 14, 2016, 08:57:51 am
According to rivals Auburn/Alabama haven't offered.  Not saying you are wrong ,  just saying rivals says they haven't.

Dude Rivals has sucked for several years now. I know its hard as they used to be the best. But now they don't update crap

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/spanish_fort_2017_lb_thomas_jo.html

I would also like to mention that neither school offered Trey Flowers or Demarcus Ware.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on October 14, 2016, 09:33:30 am
Dude Rivals has sucked for several years now. I know its hard as they used to be the best. But now they don't update crap

I would also like to mention that neither school offered Trey Flowers or Demarcus Ware.

You know that doesn't mean anything, it's just a newspaper article quoting the player, Rivals said nope!

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 14, 2016, 09:12:22 am
Did anybody see any of this game and if so, how did the 2 guys we are recruiting look?

I caught some of the first half. Johnston looked like a stud, real nose for the ball. He was in on most plays I saw and I was surprised with his quickness.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on October 14, 2016, 09:33:30 am

Man, I understand where you're coming from with this comment.  I really do.  But can we (meaning HV, not picking on you) please just admit that we need to add a guy like this without bringing up diamonds in the rough?  This guy has the type of offer list that gives you reason to believe he will succeed at a high level.  A level that we don't have at the LB position nor have we in quite some time.  There are no guarantees but this kid seems legit.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 14, 2016, 12:40:59 pm
Man, I understand where you're coming from with this comment.  I really do.  But can we (meaning HV, not picking on you) please just admit that we need to add a guy like this without bringing up diamonds in the rough?  This guy has the type of offer list that gives you reason to believe he will succeed at a high level.  A level that we don't have at the LB position nor have we in quite some time.  There are no guarantees but this kid seems legit.

I wouldn't call Flowers a diamond in the rough he was committed to Ga Tech before us. But the idea that just because Bama and Auburn didn't offer that they aren't P5 or SEC caliber is not correct. And in this situation it's not even relevant at he does have an offer from Auburn

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: King Kong on October 14, 2016, 01:36:17 pm
I wouldn't call Flowers a diamond in the rough he was committed to Ga Tech before us. But the idea that just because Bama and Auburn didn't offer that they aren't P5 or SEC caliber is not correct. And in this situation it's not even relevant at he does have an offer from Auburn
He could not commit to Auburn or Alabama right now if he wanted to.  Alabama & Auburn both throw offers out there that are not commitable.  These guys are their backup plans.  Doesn't mean they aren't good,  but he is a backup plan to them.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 14, 2016, 03:29:21 pm
He could not commit to Auburn or Alabama right now if he wanted to.  Alabama & Auburn both throw offers out there that are not commitable.  These guys are their backup plans.  Doesn't mean they aren't good,  but he is a backup plan to them.

Well, he certainly couldn't commit to Bama b/c he doesn't have an offer.  committable or otherwise

HardingHog

This is where I got my info from:

http://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Johnston-46743

Also, he was very impressive last night:

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/786971670674182144

Finally, I would love to get both Thomas Johnston and Justin Thomas. However, I wouldn't mind to continue recruiting Spanish Fort. They've won 4 state titles in like 6 years, and they have a kicker who nailed a 47 yarder last night (something I wouldn't have confidence in a UofA kicker to do). They also have a few other pretty impressive athletes, so I hope we can get a decent pipeline started there

King Kong

October 14, 2016, 06:28:06 pm #19 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:38:10 pm by King Kong

Says the guy that claimed he didn't have an offer because the Rivals Website didn't show one like it was 2007. And when proven wrong post something without any actual facts to back it up

HOGINTENNESSEE

The more you post the more people see right through you and can tell you just make crap up

navyhog24

3 crystal balls lately for Johnston to Arkansas

King Kong

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 15, 2016, 07:39:27 am

Johnston and Pool could be a great LB corp if a few years

ARtillahog

Quote from: King Kong on October 15, 2016, 08:46:27 am
Johnston and Pool could be a great LB corp if a few years

You gave me a recruiting chubby thinking about that scenario

rangertaunton

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 15, 2016, 07:39:27 am
Just visited with he and Thomas at the airport and ill say that he,mom and dad almost seemed giddy!! Johnston said his visit was "awesome". JT on the other hand is a LSU commit and i sense that hes a quit,reserved kid and doesnt show his hand. I feel good about Thomas Johnston after the conversation with him and mom and dad. Im sure Richard can elaborate more as far as the visit but my feeling now is that we get TJ. And they did both say they wanted to play together. Just hope TJ doesnt bc enamored with LSU
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

Amityvillehogger

Winning the big games definitely helps. Like the reception from him after the game. Crossing my fingers.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005