Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay by the hour for golf?

Started by GolfNut57, January 29, 2017, 08:12:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

http://www.golfwrx.com/422132/missouri-course-to-try-pay-by-the-hour-greens-fees/

On the surface I could see how this MIGHT sound like a good idea but with even a little thought you can see the troubles it would cause. One quote summed it up perfectly;

Our foursome is playing through you guys because you're playing too damn slow. Oh no you're not, because that will delay us and cost us more money! Yes we are – just watch us!!! Multiple fist fights develop, EMS and cops arrive. Seven foursomes are backed-up on the 13th tee box. Video on 6 pm local news.

Yeah.......This is probably a bad idea. Can't wait to see the results if they go through with it.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

pigture perfect

Think of the new jobs it would create for lawyers, emt's, club makers etc.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

onebadrubi

Can I open carry on a golf course if the law passed?

EastexHawg

Why don't we all just shoot the guys who circle around the entire green looking from every angle, plumb bob, and take forever on every putt as if it's on the 72nd hole to win the U.S. Open and get it over with?  I hate to ruin anyone's fantasy of acting like a tour pro, but the rest of us would like to finish while we're still young.

GolfNut57

You better believe that if the course in Missouri goes through with that idea they are going to see a LOT of complaints about people hitting into the group in front of them.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.