Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eldrick (Tiger) Woods....

Started by Iwastherein1969, October 11, 2016, 03:05:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

October 11, 2016, 03:05:49 am Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:21:56 am by Iwastherein1969
has pulled out of the Safeway Open this coming weekend. Tiger's quote was, "I practiced the last several days in California, but after a lot of hours, I knew that I wasn't ready to compete against the best golfers in the world."  That quote doesn't even sound remotely like the old Tiger would say to the media. One would think Woods would just say that he's not quite ready yet instead of conceding that he can't compete with the best. Well he won't be competing against the very best because this is the time of year that the top 5, even top 20, show up to these types of tournaments only when they feel the urge to get out of the house or just want to take the wifey on a vacation. You won't see McIlroy, Pieters, Bella-Carbrero, Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Patrick Reed, Brooks Koepka and so on. Never dreamed I'd hear such capitulation from Tiger. Thats never been who he was. Oh well, I was looking forward to seeing what Tiger had left.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

EastexHawg

He's finished, more mentally than physically.  How many months of practice does it take him to not be scared of publicly humiliating himself?  Because that's what this is all about...

He even pulled out of the Turkish Airlines event to be played next month.  He announced on October 10 that he won't be ready to play until December.

MS_HogFan

That sucks. It was going to make the safeway fun to watch.
SOOIE

pigture perfect

Arnie, Jack, Watson and others all have played events they knew they couldn't win. Why? Because they knew it was good for the game for them to honor the gallery. He just showed his selfish nature.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

majestic

He's so irrelevant that people create posts about him.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Wildhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 13, 2016, 04:31:09 pm
Arnie, Jack, Watson and others all have played events they knew they couldn't win. Why? Because they knew it was good for the game for them to honor the gallery. He just showed his selfish nature.

Huh?  How is it good for the game for him to go out there and shoot an 80? 

I mean, I understand that some people don't like him, but this makes no sense.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

root_hawg

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 17, 2016, 12:54:03 pm
Sad ending for the GOAT.

Why is it sad?  He's 76 years old and surrounded by a huge and loving family.😀

Wildhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 17, 2016, 08:57:59 pm
Why is it sad?  He's 76 years old and surrounded by a huge and loving family.😀

Tiger Prime: Greatest golfer that ever was.
Jack Nicklaus: Greatest golf career ever.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 19, 2016, 01:50:21 pm

Palmer: simply the greatest

EastexHawg

Between the 1970 British Open and the 1978 British Open...a span of 33 majors...Nicklaus finished outside the top ten twice.  He finished 13th at the 1972 PGA and 11th at the 1976 U.S. Open.  That's top ten in 31 of 33 majors, with a worst finish of 13th.

25 of those 31 top ten finishes were actually top fives.  20 of them were top threes.

During that stretch he also won the Players Championship three times...despite the fact that it wasn't invented until 1974, when he was already 34 years old.

Maybe I'm not looking at the right stretch of years, but I can't find any stretch of 33 majors in which Tiger finished in the top ten more than 21 times.

How many years make up a "prime"?

Besides that remarkable stretch of consistency greatness, Jack had a pretty decent career before 1970 and after 1978...to the tune of 10 more wins in the majors, 12 more runner-up finishes, and a total of 43 more top ten finishes.

Nicklaus' first top ten in a major came when he was a 20 year old Ohio State Buckeye.  His last was when he was 58.

Jackrabbit Hog

Both bow down to Robert Garrigus.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawgndaaz

Tiger playing this week at Hero World Challenge

Taylormade woods
Nike irons
Bridgestone balls
Monster bag
THE scotty putter.

Wonder where he ends up in terms of a club sponsor. Should be interesting. 

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 29, 2016, 09:45:36 am
Tiger playing this week at Hero World Challenge

Taylormade woods
Nike irons
Bridgestone balls
Monster bag
THE scotty putter.

Wonder where he ends up in terms of a club sponsor. Should be interesting. 

The question is, which ones give him his "A" game, lol.

Jackrabbit Hog

His bag sponsor should be Doan's Pills. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Looks like Tiger is in 17th place!

Unfortunately, there are only 18 guys playing.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2016, 03:24:22 pm

I can't even muster the energy.  It's like making Rock Hudson jokes.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2016, 03:24:22 pm

Got them right where he wants them!

ricepig

cosmodrum

First competitive round back and had a good front 9. Still hit good iron shots. After two back surgeries. I thought he looked fine.

I know you crotchety bastards hope he has a stroke in his backswing so you can save it.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 01, 2016, 06:31:44 pm

I know you crotchety bastards hope he has a stroke in his backswing

You gotta admit, that would be must-see TV.

Iwastherein1969

First competitive round back and had a good front 9. Still hit good iron shots. After two back surgeries. I thought he looked fine.

I know you crotchety bastards hope he has a stroke in his backswing so you can save it.
I'd say he was red-lining on the ol' sphygmomanometer on when he let out one of his typical f-bomb expletives on the 18th tee box after he yanked it in the water on his way to his second dubski in three holes...oh well, it's good to see Eldrick's manners haven't changed..we'll know wherever he plays there will be 8 year old girls asking their pops, "what does f...k mean, Dad ?"

EastexHawg

December 02, 2016, 09:37:00 am #23 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:05:42 am by EastexHawg

Now that would make viewers around the country exclaim instantaneously and in unison "what happened to Tiger?!"

Sort of like the time a few years ago that he pulled a shot out of bounds, watched it all the way until it crossed the fence, then grabbed his back and fell to his knees as if Chris Kyle had just put a 130 grain round into his kidney.

GolfNut57

And the Tiger lovefest has now recommenced on the Golf Channels "Morning Drive" show as they are exclusively following him hole by hole in his second round today.  :puke:
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 02, 2016, 10:51:15 am
And the Tiger lovefest has now recommenced on the Golf Channels "Morning Drive" show as they are exclusively following him hole by hole in his second round today.  :puke:

Better than a stroke during his backswing...

ricepig

-7 today heading into 18, I'm no big Tiger fan, but he's good for the game and is/was a great golfer.

Jackrabbit Hog

December 02, 2016, 01:02:07 pm #27 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:36:52 pm by Jackrabbit Hog
HE'S BACK, BABY!!!

-7 thru 17 holes; passing other players like they're standing still.  Tearing up the difficult and challenging Bahamas course.  Only a matter of time before Masters odds on him drop to even or better.  Players' wives flocking to him.  Bubba weeping.  Kuchar grinning.  Patrick Reed is bird flipping.  Jordan Spieth is tea sipping.  Zach Johnson is hair lipping.  Dustin Johnson is wick dipping.  JB Holmes is cow tipping.

All is right with the world.

userpick

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 02, 2016, 01:02:07 pm
HE'S BACK, BABY!!!

-7 thru 17 holes; passing other players like they're standing still.  Tearing up the difficult and challenging Bahamas course.  Only a matter of time before Masters odds on him drop to even or better.  Players' wives flocking to him.  Bubba weeping.  Kuchar grinning.  Reed cheating.  Zach Johnson hair lipping.  Dustin Johnson wick dipping.

All is right with the world.

Easy to pass other players when half of them, including the first day leaders weren't even on the course when he was playing his fifth hole.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 02, 2016, 01:18:20 pm
Easy to pass other players when half of them, including the first day leaders weren't even on the course when he was playing his fifth hole.

He shot a 65. Doesn't matter if others were on the course or not. Pretty dang good in his second competitive round since forever ago. Not claiming he's back, but it was a good round for him.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on December 02, 2016, 03:55:51 pm
He shot a 65. Doesn't matter if others were on the course or not. Pretty dang good in his second competitive round since forever ago. Not claiming he's back, but it was a good round for him.

Of course when I made that post his round was still ongoing...

majestic

Dump supporters hate Tiger. What a surprise!

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on December 02, 2016, 06:10:36 pm
Dump supporters hate Tiger. What a surprise!

If that was in referral to me then you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I in no way support Trump NOR Clinton. But leave it to you to try to bring politics in here.

majestic

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 02, 2016, 06:14:00 pm
If that was in referral to me then you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I in no way support Trump NOR Clinton. But leave it to you to try to bring politics in here.
Naw, it was in "referral" to 69'r and East. Don't get your panties in a wad. The second best player to ever pick up a club gets people pretty emotional on here, whether he is doing well or not. No llores.

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on December 02, 2016, 06:20:25 pm
Naw, it was in "referral" to 69'r and East. Don't get your panties in a wad. The second best player to ever pick up a club gets people pretty emotional on here, whether he is doing well or not. No llores.

Sorry, maybe next time you might use the quote feature to avoid the confusion.

Wildhog

Quote from: majestic on December 02, 2016, 06:20:25 pm

People do get all misty about Jack.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jackrabbit Hog

I will say this.....before the "Hero Challenge" or whatever he calls it, there had been maybe 20 posts in FaG over the past two months.  Now we've actually got a live thread again! 

The miracle of Tiger.

userpick

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2016, 07:53:46 am
I will say this.....before the "Hero Challenge" or whatever he calls it, there had been maybe 20 posts in FaG over the past two months.  Now we've actually got a live thread again! 

The miracle of Tiger.

First time I've watched the Golf Channel since the Open. He's great for the game. That's not up for debate.

PonderinHog

I'd like to see Tiger get his mojo back.  And I also confess that I had the Golf Channel on for the first time in a long time.  He played well yesterday.

ricepig

Quote from: userpick on December 03, 2016, 08:34:10 am
First time I've watched the Golf Channel since the Open. He's great for the game. That's not up for debate.
Quote from: PonderinHog on December 03, 2016, 08:38:03 am
I'd like to see Tiger get his mojo back.  And I also confess that I had the Golf Channel on for the first time in a long time.  He played well yesterday.

Well, no wonder my Comcast stock is down........watch more!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2016, 08:45:50 am
Well, no wonder my Comcast stock is down........watch more!

Apple TV, baby!  That's where it's at!!

PonderinHog

Nice shot from der bunker on #5.  He's two back.

majestic

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 03, 2016, 12:16:11 pm
Nice shot from der bunker on #5.  He's two back.
4 under through 5. Not too shabby.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: userpick on December 03, 2016, 08:34:10 am

True.  Those guys were out there trying to figure out how they were going to get their kids Christmas presents.  Tiger shows back up and everyone can afford it now.

They should all thank him for saving Christmas.

Iwastherein1969

Well I checked the final scores to Tiger's Tournament just a minute ago and well, I knew there had to be a reason the usual suspects weren't here fawning all over Eldrick Woods...Tiger did beat two people, well three if you count Justin Rose's WD. Tiger whipped up on a Scot and some guy from Argentina....flamed out to losing by how many, 13 ? 14 ? 15 ? doesn't matter....Woods was out there grinding over putts like it was 2003 and the other guys were just playing for funsies. Hell, even Bubba didn't get pissed over wayward shots....finishing 15th in an 18 man field is not that bad, getting throttled by 14 shots, well, that's never good

majestic

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 04, 2016, 05:42:46 pm
Well I checked the final scores to Tiger's Tournament just a minute ago and well, I knew there had to be a reason the usual suspects weren't here fawning all over Eldrick Woods...Tiger did beat two people, well three if you count Justin Rose's WD. Tiger whipped up on a Scot and some guy from Argentina....flamed out to losing by how many, 13 ? 14 ? 15 ? doesn't matter....Woods was out there grinding over putts like it was 2003 and the other guys were just playing for funsies. Hell, even Bubba didn't get pissed over wayward shots....finishing 15th in an 18 man field is not that bad, getting throttled by 14 shots, well, that's never good
Led the field in birdies. Not bad for a guy who hasn't played in recent memory. I'm sure you could have won, though. Bunch of scrubs in there. I did notice that he pulled his shirts out your closet. No collar?! What a [CENSORED].

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on December 04, 2016, 05:53:40 pm
Led the field in birdies. Not bad for a guy who hasn't played in recent memory. I'm sure you could have won, though. Bunch of scrubs in there. I did notice that he pulled his shirts out your closet. No collar?! What a [CENSORED].

Guess he led the field in Bogies too since he finished at a paltry -4 for the tourney.

majestic

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 04, 2016, 06:17:13 pm
Guess he led the field in Bogies too since he finished at a paltry -4 for the tourney.
I guess. I don't hate the guy like you and East and 69'r do. He had some pretty decent shots. And some pretty bad ones, too. I did hear him say, "stuff", after a bad shot. So I guess he should get a spot in Trump's cabinet. :)

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: majestic on December 04, 2016, 05:53:40 pm
that's what I'm talking about Eldrick grinding over every putt....the other guys were out there for fun, surf, turf and some good food...Eldrick is out there thinking he can actually win...time has passed the man by...will he ever be in contention again for a regular PGA win, yes, Tiger still has a lot of ability, dare I say he's 95% of what he used to be, its just that while Tiger was beating fat white guys (circa 1997 to 2010) who smoked, drank and generally partied most of the time while on tour, the kids out there now are in their mid 20's, fit, strong and are just as good if not better athletes than Woods ever was during his best years. And Woods in his broken down about to be 41 year old body is going to beat them ?  Maybe in the minor events once or twice during the rest of Tiger's career on tour but not in the Majors. One thing Eldrick has to look forward to is in less than ten years he gets to beat the ISH out of the same fat white dudes he beat while he was doing his thang in the late 90's into the 2000's...oh well, mother nature is hell, isn't she ?