Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Landry - US Open

Started by oldbear, June 19, 2016, 08:14:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbear

Andrew Landry is 5'7" tall and weighs only 150 but is much larger than that today. He birdied 17 and 18 this morning to sneak into the final pairing in the US Open. Landry entered ranked 624th in the world and only made the field after getting through local and regional qualifying. It is a great story and another boost for Hog sports.

Cheer him on today! Woopig!

Hawgey-Davidson

Pulling for him for sure. WPS!!

Pulled(PP)pork

I'll root for him, but he's a ways back, lol

PP

wholehogsports

Gonzo

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 19, 2016, 09:32:07 am
I'll root for him, but he's a ways back, lol

PP

Last pairing today, closer than all but 1 other player, but IF Lowry shoots par or better, it's probably over.

Go Hogs!

PorkSoda

coming into US Open as the 624th best player, making it to the final round and finishing tied for 15th isn't bad for a guy playing his first Major.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lahawg1

He still won $152,234 which ain't too shabby for 4 days work

PorkSoda

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 20, 2016, 09:41:57 pm
no doubt, reminds me of an old saying.  behind every over night success is years and years of hard work.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hoglady

Landry was +8 for his final round and Lowry was +6.
Negative energy and frustration surrounded both players.
Hated it for them both, but Landry should overall be very proud of himself.
This was a great learning experience for sure.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 20, 2016, 09:41:57 pm
T15 does that get him in The Open????
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

lahawg1

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 21, 2016, 03:27:13 pm
no doubt, reminds me of an old saying.  behind every over night success is years and years of hard work.

I agree

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2016, 02:32:27 pm
T15 does that get him in The Open????

I don't think so, everything I found said the top 5 qualify (and this could be wrong)

ricepig

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 22, 2016, 03:50:37 pm

I agree

I don't think so, everything I found said the top 5 qualify (and this could be wrong)

I know top 4 got him in next year's US Open and Masters, more than likely got him in the Open.

PorkSoda

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 22, 2016, 06:13:24 pm
though I'm not sure if you can call golf 'work'

It's "work" if you consider professional sports work.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 06:14:41 pm
It's "work" if you consider professional sports work.
just poking a little fun at professional sports in general. 

getting paid to play a game sounds pretty nice, but they no doubt make sacrifices in other areas to achieve that level of performance. 

ie, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 22, 2016, 06:18:42 pm
just poking a little fun at professional sports in general. 

getting paid to play a game sounds pretty nice, but they no doubt make sacrifices in other areas to achieve that level of performance. 

ie, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

The one and only thing in the world where your performance and outcome/success are measured by only things you control. Your profits, winnings, employment are not based on a manufacturer, a customer, a product release, government, etc.