hogbud

Fox still sux!
Except side profile shots of Holly

Dr. Starcs

Exactly my thoughts.

Joe Buck is awful

ricepig

majestic

This coverage sucks worse than any I can remember. 5 minutes watching the driving range and 30 seconds of actual play coverage.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ricepig

Quote from: majestic on June 18, 2016, 02:55:04 pm
This coverage sucks worse than any I can remember. 5 minutes watching the driving range and 30 seconds of actual play coverage.

It's been on since 6am, maybe the camera men had to pee......

majestic

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2016, 03:13:15 pm
It's been on since 6am, maybe the camera men had to pee......
Yeah, but seriously.... this driving range coverage is just plain stupid. And Holly Sonders is hot as hell!

majestic

Anyone else think DJ melts down today?  I'm saying he shoots 4 over today.

clutch

Spieth working his way back into the mix of things here. I imagine he will be right there on the back 9 of the final round.

I think the thing that separates him from the other top players right now is that he is never really out of it. He has the patience to just hang around and slowly work his way back into the mix. He's a grinder.

ricepig

Quote from: majestic on June 18, 2016, 03:27:22 pm
Anyone else think DJ melts down today?  I'm saying he shoots 4 over today.

Nah, DJ has this one in the bag.........or I hope so........or something in a bag.......

ricepig

I was proud of Landry, I left to run some errands and he was falling apart, glad he righted the ship on the way in. Now, I suspect he'll feel the pressure this afternoon.

clutch

Day climbed back into the thick of things too. -4 through 9 today. Things are shaping up to be pretty interesting at the end of this thing.

Pulled(PP)pork

making this course look silly, eat your heart out members!!!

PP

Tequilin' Time

Go Landry!!  WPS

Holly,  how you doin?

clutch

I've counted at least 5 birdie putts that DJ has just barely missed today. If a few of those drop he probably would have a pretty nice lead going into tomorrow. May be better for him to be a few back though to take some of the pressure off.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 18, 2016, 07:44:40 pm
I've counted at least 5 birdie putts that DJ has just barely missed today. If a few of those drop he probably would have a pretty nice lead going into tomorrow. May be better for him to be a few back though to take some of the pressure off.
Yeah, he hasn't hit it or putted it as well today.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 18, 2016, 05:50:15 pm
making this course look silly, eat your heart out members!!!

PP

Of course they are. Remember, they softened it up for the tour players. lol
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

I just find it impossible to root for the fat Irishman, Lowry.  Almost as impossible as pulling for the fat Duck Dynasty beard Brit...Beef, or whatever the heck his name is.

I hope Westwood gets his first major, but his putting in the final round of majors is usually about like Sergio's.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2016, 03:39:01 pm
I was proud of Landry, I left to run some errands and he was falling apart, glad he righted the ship on the way in. Now, I suspect he'll feel the pressure this afternoon.

He has shown surprising confidence thus far. Pulled himself out of a tough stretch to stay right in it. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 18, 2016, 08:31:26 am
that's 11......ELEVEN golfers under par, at the toughest course in the world

SUCK IT GOHOGS!!!

PP

I never said it was the toughest course in the world. 

In fact in the other thread, I posted that Winged Foot (West Course) has had a higher average winning score for the U.S. Opens it has hosted than the average winning score for the U.S. Opens hosted at Oakmont.

Quote from: GolfNut57 on June 18, 2016, 08:52:01 pm
Of course they are. Remember, they softened it up for the tour players. lol

The USGA did make it easier for the tour players.  The USGA's, Mike Davis, stated in his news conference during last Wednesday (the day before the start of the tournament) that when he and his team arrived at Oakmont Monday-before-last-Monday, they determined that the rough was too penal, and they had the rough cut.  According to the Golf Channel, the rough is being cut every day (except it probably wasn't able to be cut between the final weather suspension of play on Thursday and the start of play on Friday).

Also, the USGA has used some easier pin positions, particularly the pin positions in Round 1.  In Round 2, they used a pin position right up at the front in the middle of the green on one of the Par 5 holes, which is a very accessible pin position.  The USGA has also moved some tees up as the tournament has progressed, which makes less yardage.

Additionally, I am not for sure that the greens were able to be cut and rolled between the final weather suspension of play on Thursday and the start of play on Friday.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 19, 2016, 01:07:59 am
I never said it was the toughest course in the world. 

In fact in the other thread, I posted that Winged Foot (West Course) has had a higher average winning score for the U.S. Opens it has hosted than the average winning score for the U.S. Opens hosted at Oakmont.

The USGA did make it easier for the tour players.  The USGA's, Mike Davis, stated in his news conference during last Wednesday (the day before the start of the tournament) that when he and his team arrived at Oakmont Monday-before-last-Monday, they determined that the rough was too penal, and they had the rough cut.  According to the Golf Channel, the rough is being cut every day (except it probably wasn't able to be cut between the final weather suspension of play on Thursday and the start of play on Friday).

Also, the USGA has used some easier pin positions, particularly the pin positions in Round 1.  In Round 2, they used a pin position right up at the front in the middle of the green on one of the Par 5 holes, which is a very accessible pin position.  The USGA has also moved some tees up as the tournament has progressed, which makes less yardage.

Additionally, I am not for sure that the greens were able to be cut and rolled between the final weather suspension of play on Thursday and the start of play on Friday.
keep trying Rain Man, you started your "Early Look at Pukemont" thread and stated how tough it was going to be, with all of your idiotic data and links.....nice crawdadding

PP

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 19, 2016, 07:21:39 am
keep trying Rain Man, you started your "Early Look at Pukemont" thread and stated how tough it was going to be, with all of your idiotic data and links.....nice crawdadding

PP

Well, McIlroy, Fowler, and Mickelson probably are feeling right now that it was tough.

Day and Spieth aren't exactly lighting it up every Round (Day shot a 76 in Round 1).

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 19, 2016, 07:47:38 am
Well, McIlroy, Fowler, and Mickelson probably are feeling right now that it was tough.

Day and Spieth aren't exactly lighting it up every Round (Day shot a 76 in Round 1).
yeah, that proves it....just some obscure golfers in the lead, slapping it around with a strong pimp hand

PP

ricepig

This thread is free of course discussion, please refrain from such and limit your comments to the actual play. Thank you.............

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2016, 07:50:10 am
This thread is free of course discussion, please refrain from such and limit your comments to the actual play. Thank you.............
my apologies......SUCK IT GOHOGS!  ;)

pp

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 19, 2016, 07:51:11 am
my apologies......SUCK IT GOHOGS!  ;)

pp

Apology accepted, I figured it was just a small lapse on your part.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 15, 2016, 01:49:08 pm
Phil
Stricker (yankee - same as a foreigner)
Berger
You suck at this, dumbass!

Next time, go with Garrigus. 

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 19, 2016, 08:25:39 am
You suck at this, dumbass!

Next time, go with Garrigus. 

J'Rabb says you can't go wrong picking him...

PonderinHog

In other news, Dustin's Johnson is long off the tee...

Pulled(PP)pork

what channel is it on, where do I go to watch it online

TIA

PP

hoglady

I'm kind of surprised at what little discussion there is about former Razorback Andrew Landry.
He just keeps surprising - had a rough, rough start to the morning then AGAIN pulled it back together to finish strong and get himself into the final grouping.
What a beautiful 45 ft birdie putt on the 18th this morning.
Very proud of our former Hog.
Don't know if he can win it - but he can change his life today with a strong final round.
Go Hogs and Go Andrew!!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 19, 2016, 08:57:59 am
what channel is it on, where do I go to watch it online

TIA

PP

Fox, or Fox2Go?

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on June 19, 2016, 09:50:54 am
I'm kind of surprised at what little discussion there is about former Razorback Andrew Landry.
He just keeps surprising - had a rough, rough start to the morning then AGAIN pulled it back together to finish strong and get himself into the final grouping.
What a beautiful 45 ft birdie putt on the 18th this morning.
Very proud of our former Hog.
Don't know if he can win it - but he can change his life today with a strong final round.
Go Hogs and Go Andrew!!!!

We don't want to jinx him, but since you have.....hopefully he has a good round and can hold it together. While winning would be fabulous, a top 4 finish gets him in the Masters, next year's US Open, and more than likely secures his card for next year. Good luck Andrew!

Boarcephus

I was watching the pre tournament show and they said it might be possible for someone to drive the 480 yard first hole.  Nobilo threw a ball from the top of the hill and actually made it to the green and another guy hit a putter and darn near got to it.  They said someone like Johnson might actually be able to drive it so I'm sitting here just waiting to see if he can
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PonderinHog

Keopka's going nuts out there today.  Too bad he started so far back.

ricepig

Looks like a regular PGA tournament, all they are showing is birdies.....

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 18, 2016, 09:18:48 pm
I just find it impossible to root for the fat Irishman, Lowry.  Almost as impossible as pulling for the fat Duck Dynasty beard Brit...Beef, or whatever the heck his name is.

I hope Westwood gets his first major, but his putting in the final round of majors is usually about like Sergio's.

I can't really pull for him either. No real reason why. I think it's because there is just so many that are up there in contention that I'd rather see win it. Landry or DJ would be my top 2, with Westwood being my choice for non-American golfer.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2016, 02:03:43 pm
Looks like a regular PGA tournament, all they are showing is birdies.....

And not so much now........

clutch

Man Landry is having a really really bad day. He's not even the top placing former Hog right now. Lingmerth has passed him.

clutch

Things are looking good for DJ right now. Got himself back into a share of the lead on the front 9. Has the chance to win it on the back where he has played pretty good so far this week. Let's see if he can finally lose those demons and pull out a win.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

ricepig

Boarcephus

Did you see that guy's tee shirt behind Day on the Par 3?  Had a golf ball on the edge of a cup with the wording, "I'd tap that".  ;)

Boarcephus

Looks like DJ is getting ready to get reamed by the officials.

Boardon Hamsay

I didn't see where DJ caused the ball movement but then again, the tv shot was pretty hard to see any ball movement.

Also, not sure I agree with the way the officials told him. In mid round, leading the U.S. Open. I get that you want to give him a chance to possibly make up the dropped shot but man that's a tough one.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Pulled(PP)pork

ok, all dj has to do is hit fairways and greens and it's his.....oh, my mistake, precision ballstriking...tee to green here on out

PP

Boarcephus

Sure looks like it's going to be a one stroke penalty assessed after the round.  Just had the rules official on and he's certainly talking like it's going to cost him. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 19, 2016, 05:14:18 pm
Did you see that guy's tee shirt behind Day on the Par 3?  Had a golf ball on the edge of a cup with the wording, "I'd tap that".  ;)
I need one!

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 19, 2016, 05:39:05 pm
Sure looks like it's going to be a one stroke penalty assessed after the round.  Just had the rules official on and he's certainly talking like it's going to cost him.
I spoke too soon

PP

Boardon Hamsay

Now that they showed the close up of the stroke in question, that's a tough one. Practice swing, sole, practice swing, sole, move the putter behind the ball and it rolls back a touch before DJs putter is soled. I think by rule it will cost him a stroke but I'm on the fence. I'd had to see a penalty like that cost him.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.