Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official U.S.Open prediction thread

Started by ricepig, June 13, 2016, 07:17:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 05:37:32 pm
I didn't see where DJ caused the ball movement but then again, the tv shot was pretty hard to see any ball movement.

Also, not sure I agree with the way the officials told him. In mid round, leading the U.S. Open. I get that you want to give him a chance to possibly make up the dropped shot but man that's a tough one.

Pretty sure a Sunspot caused it move, that or a gamma ray.......

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 05:41:04 pm
Now that they showed the close up of the stroke in question, that's a tough one. Practice swing, sole, practice swing, sole, move the putter behind the ball and it rolls back a touch before DJs putter is soled. I think by rule it will cost him a stroke but I'm on the fence. I'd had to see a penalty like that cost him.

I just think that's a crappy thing to do to a player when they did it.  Now DJ has to play the rest of the round with that on his mind and it's apparent to me he's bothered by it. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2016, 05:42:15 pm
Pretty sure a Sunspot caused it move, that or a gamma ray.......

Definitely gamma ray. Those bursts can come at any time. Should be a rule for dealing with gamma ray bursts in golf. Also, with greens so fast, prolly need a rule for gravitational wave exceptions.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 05:41:04 pm
Now that they showed the close up of the stroke in question, that's a tough one. Practice swing, sole, practice swing, sole, move the putter behind the ball and it rolls back a touch before DJs putter is soled. I think by rule it will cost him a stroke but I'm on the fence. I'd had to see a penalty like that cost him.
if so, it would make me go snort a line or two if it cost me the tournament

PP

Boardon Hamsay

Good lord, Sergio had a buried lie in the sand.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

clutch

DJ may be cursed. Stupid penalties seem to strike him at the worst of times.

Boarcephus

Thanks Ricepig,  Interesting comments from those guys. I'd +1 you if I could.  I just think how they're handling this is wrong. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

majestic

What a *** joke! If you didn't penalize him when it happened, then it's over. Idiots.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 19, 2016, 05:47:49 pm
I just think that's a crappy thing to do to a player when they did it.  Now DJ has to play the rest of the round with that on his mind and it's apparent to me he's bothered by it. 

That's my hang up on it as well. I kinda get why you'd want to tell the player but if you tell him something, make it definitive. Penalty or not. Don't tell the player he has a stroke hanging over his head for half the round. Hell, bring a monitor out and review it at the next tee with the player and get it settled. Or most in my mind, since it was ruled upon by an official already, consider it closed.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 19, 2016, 05:56:57 pm
Thanks Ricepig,  Interesting comments from those guys. I'd +1 you if I could.  I just think how they're handling this is wrong. 

The officials said they might +1 DJ too

clutch

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 06:02:07 pm
That's my hang up on it as well. I kinda get why you'd want to tell the player but if you tell him something, make it definitive. Penalty or not. Don't tell the player he has a stroke hanging over his head for half the round. Hell, bring a monitor out and review it at the next tee with the player and get it settled. Or most in my mind, since it was ruled upon by an official already, consider it closed.

I agree. Either give him a penalty or don't. Don't make him think about it for the final stretch of a major on a Sunday. I guess it's better than not telling him anything and having him sign an incorrect scorecard...... again, but still pretty bad.

Boardon Hamsay

Boarcephus

Quote from: clutch on June 19, 2016, 06:04:21 pm

They already have, right up his butt.

hogbud

I wish DJ would win by two, get penalty, and not defend...screw the usga

majestic

Quote from: clutch on June 19, 2016, 06:04:21 pm
Good one.

This entire tournament has been a mess.  You've got Joe Buck barfing all over everything and now this.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogbud on June 19, 2016, 06:09:18 pm
I wish DJ would win by two, get penalty, and not defend...screw the usga

Yeah, I'm hoping DJ gets a couple strokes cushion in before the USGA bends him over for their stroke on this one.

PonderinHog

It has definitely affected Lowry's play...

hogbud

Looking forward to NBC covering its first Open next month.

Boardon Hamsay

Well, DJ has a two stroke lead over Lowry and is hitting his 2nd on 16.

PonderinHog

Boardon Hamsay

Huge up and down for DJ there to save par.

Boarcephus

I think DJ has gained a ton of new fans over this deal 

95_alum

Will the "final" ruling be assessed by an individual or individuals? Names and transparency?

Tequilin' Time

DJ make pars now and its a moot point,  take that USGA

PonderinHog

Boardon Hamsay

Boardon Hamsay

I would like to see DJ lower his beard line just a bit.

Boardon Hamsay

Lowry went left on 17, will still have an eagle chip.

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

Boardon Hamsay

Really? Cell phone goes off while DJ addresses the ball, lol.

He then proceeds to stick it within 4 from 160. Awesome.

majestic

Tequilin' Time

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 06:59:08 pm
Really? Cell phone goes off while DJ addresses the ball, lol.

He then proceeds to stick it within 8 from 160. Awesome.
I'd say his rehabilitation is officially complete.

Boardon Hamsay

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 19, 2016, 07:00:33 pm
I'd say his rehabilitation is officially complete.

For sho'. Played not only with a stroke hanging over his head but also with the thought of his wife's tight white dress on his mind.

majestic

How can he sign his scorecard before they tell him if it was a penalty?

PonderinHog

Man, that was tense.  He carried himself well all week.  What's that, nine years in a row a winner on the tour?

Boardon Hamsay

So it was ruled a 1 stroke penalty. I suppose the USGA's Warren Commission-esque gravity experts came to that conclusion as the putter was in mid air behind the ball as the ball move backwards. Glad it didn't matter, lol.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on June 19, 2016, 07:19:10 pm
So it was ruled a 1 stroke penalty. I suppose the USGA's Warren Commission-esque gravity experts came to that conclusion as the putter was in mid air behind the ball as the ball move backwards. Glad it didn't matter, lol.
I guess they didn't have the benefit of HD TV ???

clutch

He should be assessed a 1 stroke penalty every week. Paulina is too hott. You can't have it all. It's not fair to win annnnd get to go home with that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: clutch on June 19, 2016, 07:24:15 pm
He should be assessed a 1 stroke penalty every week. Paulina is too hott. You can't have it all. It's not fair to win annnnd get to go home with that.
Sucks being the best golfer in the world...

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 07:17:44 am
You pick your favorite, favorite foreigner, and long shot. Also, no discussion on course designer's, what the locals think, or ACC football allowed

Favorite- DJ, he's got to win one some day
Favorite foreigner- Stenson, if he can make a putt
Long shot- Danny Lee

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/15270872/pga-golf-latest-2016-us-open-futures-betting-odds-westgate-las-vegas-superbook

Hmm.....I believe I called it.......

ricepig

Pulled(PP)pork

ricepig