Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bears are stupid

Started by bennyl08, April 27, 2017, 07:33:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Niners send out absolutely fake talk about wanting a qb, and they bait the bears into moving up from 2 to 3 just to get Trubisky?? That front office needs to be fired. I don't even like the bears, but that is frustrating to see such incompetence.

Great move by the niners who were going Thomas all the way.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

lwillin

I am a Bears fan since the days of Butkus and Sayers, but I agree with you 100 percent. What is that front office thinking? Just plain DUMB!!!!

EastexHawg

I agree.  It was a crazy maneuver to move up one spot, especially considering there were other QBs rated as highly or nearly as highly even if they didn't get Trubisky.  Obviously the Bears staff and front office really liked Trubisky, just as the Chiefs apparently had Patrick Mahomes rated very highly.

nationwish

To be fair to the Bears, you can't look just at what the 49ers were going to do. If they think another team is trying to move up to take a QB, they'd have more incentive to make the trade. I still don't see the value in these quarterbacks that teams are willing to give so much to get them, though.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: nationwish on April 28, 2017, 06:48:25 pm
To be fair to the Bears, you can't look just at what the 49ers were going to do. If they think another team is trying to move up to take a QB, they'd have more incentive to make the trade. I still don't see the value in these quarterbacks that teams are willing to give so much to get them, though.

Because there are a lot of bad GMs out there. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Quote from: nationwish on April 28, 2017, 06:48:25 pm

That's the thing with qbs. Their value is the position more than the player. I mean look at OL. I'd rate Cam Robinson as closer to an all pro LT ran any of these qbs.  OL class however was weak. None went in the top 15, only 2 in the first. However, with qbs it doesn't matter. You could have Brady, Rogers, and Newton and all 3 would go early. You could have Hoyer, McCoy and Tyler Wilson as the top 3 and all of them would go early. Doesn't matter how good the player is, top qb will go in the top 5.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Deep Shoat

Coaches still suck at evaluating QBs, on the whole.
All Gas, No Brakes!

EastexHawg

All it takes is one team thinking a QB is a franchise player for them to do whatever it takes to get him.  It's by far the most important position in all of sports.  If you don't have a QB, you don't have much of a team...or at least much of a chance to advance very far in the playoffs.  At some point you are going to need your QB to make a play or plays that will be the difference between winning and losing.

I guess I understand the Chiefs moving up to take Mahomes more than the other trades.  He has a physical attribute none of the rest of them have, that being a huge arm.  He may have not only the biggest arm among the draft class, but in the entire NFL as a whole.  A team can't develop a QB to be able to throw the ball 85-90 yards, or to be able to flip it 50-55 yards into a paint bucket while on the dead run to his left (for a right hander).

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 04, 2017, 02:11:55 pm
All it takes is one team thinking a QB is a franchise player for them to do whatever it takes to get him.  It's by far the most important position in all of sports.  If you don't have a QB, you don't have much of a team...or at least much of a chance to advance very far in the playoffs.  At some point you are going to need your QB to make a play or plays that will be the difference between winning and losing.

I guess I understand the Chiefs moving up to take Mahomes more than the other trades.  He has a physical attribute none of the rest of them have, that being a huge arm.  He may have not only the biggest arm among the draft class, but in the entire NFL as a whole.  A team can't develop a QB to be able to throw the ball 85-90 yards, or to be able to flip it 50-55 yards into a paint bucket while on the dead run to his left (for a right hander).

True, but miners were never taking a qb. KC needed to surpass Cleveland who was a threat at 12, but the bears had zero threat of not getting their guy by staying out.

EastexHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 04, 2017, 02:55:13 pm
True, but miners were never taking a qb. KC needed to surpass Cleveland who was a threat at 12, but the bears had zero threat of not getting their guy by staying out.

Yep, the Bears move was beyond being a head scratcher.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 05, 2017, 07:49:06 pm

Probably will lead to a fired GM soon.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 05, 2017, 07:49:06 pm

We agree on something, and in the NFL forum. Huzzah!

bosshog84

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 28, 2017, 11:04:51 am
I agree.  It was a crazy maneuver to move up one spot, especially considering there were other QBs rated as highly or nearly as highly even if they didn't get Trubisky.  Obviously the Bears staff and front office really liked Trubisky, just as the Chiefs apparently had Patrick Mahomes rated very highly.

I think Mahomes will end up being the best QB in this draft

bennyl08

Quote from: bosshog84 on May 11, 2017, 08:21:03 am
I think Mahomes will end up being the best QB in this draft

I think he has the highest ceiling. If he lives up to that remains to be seen as his floor is lower than some of the others as well.

lwillin

Mitch Trubisky is making me eat my words...pass the salt and pepper!