Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I can officially brag now!

Started by howie76, October 21, 2017, 07:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

howie76

October 21, 2017, 07:37:47 pm Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:14:02 pm by howie76
My niece took her visit this weekend to the hill and committed to play softball for the Razorbacks! Congrats Kaitlyn howard!! WPS

psycHOGlogist

Congrats, Howie! You must be a very proud uncle! Here's Katilyn's tweet about it (r/t'ed by Coach Deifel) - she looks like one happy young woman!

https://twitter.com/0kaitlynhoward0/status/921915149887340544

Kaitlyn is, I believe, a 2020 recruit. Howie, do you know if she's being recruited to play OF or LHP?

In other SB recruiting news, Coach Deifel and her staff have been very busy:

Marlene Friedman, the #61 player in the 2020 class, also recently committed:
https://twitter.com/mmmarlene18/status/917914429823451136

Here's what FloSoftball had to say about her (written before the commitment):

61--Marlene Friedman, SS... Explosion - Flores (uncommitted)
Marlene is a big, strong shortstop with an excellent arm and strong defensive skills. She can make plays deep in the hole that other shortstops can't and at the plate she is a gap hitter who can also go deep at any time.  Coaches rave about her great work ethic and desire to keep improving her game and help her team win.  Marlene is getting heavy looks from top Pac-12 and SEC schools and will play on Coach Bobby Flores's competitive 16U Explosion team this year.

Spencer Prigge - 2021 3b/OF, Arizona Athletics
https://twitter.com/spencerprigge/status/915743196730114048

Spencer is currently ranked the #227 player in in the 2021 class.

We are also currently recruiting Ally Sockey, a 2021 kid who plays for Tulsa Elite.

Here's the FloSoftball write up on her:

T-29--Ally Sockey SS... Tulsa Elite (uncommitted)
Sockey is one of the top defensive players at any position in this class and is one of the top 1-2 shortstops in the nation. She has great hands and lateral movement and one coach said she "plays shortstop like a baseball player and plays way beyond her age." Last fall almost every D1 coach that watched her compete wanted Sockey to come to his or her college camp and many said they wanted to recruit her after watching Sockey play a few games. Tulsa Elite organization head Jeff Filali says, "She may turn into the best defensive shortstop we've ever had." Sockey just attended an OnDeck Softball event last week where she continued to impress and, with her defensive tools and improving offensive abilities, she has major programs from the Big 12, SEC and Pac-12 after her now.

She currently has a picture of her with the Hogs's staff as the background/cover photo on her twitter account, and she's visited campus at least twice recently.

And Howie, it looks like there was another kid on a visit with Kaitlyn this weekend, but I can't quite make out her name on the name tag.

I think the staff is doing pretty well. And congrats again, Howie!! Looking forward to having Kaitlyn suit up for the Hogs and cheering her on!

flippinhogmana

nice weekend of recruiting.  Thanks for the info Psych
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

howie76

Recruited as althete.
The other young lady was Hannah gamble from Beebe and if I understood my brother right she committed also

psycHOGlogist

Awesome - thanks for the info, and congrats again, Howie!

10thPlanet

Stateline Hawg

Congrats to Kaitlyn, athletic lefty with speed, great bat, and arm. My daughter has played several years with her in travel ball. Quality athlete!!!

jackflash

sounds like we hired the right coach