Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rayshad Jackson tweet.

Started by Hogg_Phan, January 16, 2015, 04:11:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

I don't tweet but those who do  need to go light up his twitter account. LB out of Florida is already here on his official and it's down to us or Florida with Randy Shannon recruiting him there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpaceGhost_11/status/555927379810336768
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

COCHISE

Shannon seems to be the only person in the country recruiting this kid and he visits FL next week.

immahog

Quote from: COCHISE on January 16, 2015, 07:28:44 am
Shannon seems to be the only person in the country recruiting this kid and he visits FL next week.

makes me wonder why other schools are not recruiting him
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

LJHOG

Quote from: immahog on January 16, 2015, 07:44:40 am
makes me wonder why other schools are not recruiting him
we don't know that to be the case.  could well be he has made it know to "others" it is Gators or Hogs.

hawg1221

Maybe it's because other schools are evaluating him from the DL position he plays in high school, while Arkansas and Florida plan to move him to LB.

AugustaHog

Shannon does a great job of projecting athletes into future college LBs.  Look at last year's class with Ramsey, Hackett,and Eugene.  All showed great strides and promise for young FR LBs.  I think this type of projection will be important for us in the future because we aren't going to land tons of blue chip kids at that position.  If we want to have a nasty LB corps, we will have to get a couple high profile guys and surround them with kids who are under the radar, late bloomers, and over achievers.  If we are nailing our evals and coaching them up, our backers will be pretty tough.  Must be nice to be Bama and be able to pick pre-packaged guys every year.

HogsonHicks

You gotta like any kid nicknamed "Space Ghost".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

COCHISE

Music City Hog

hawg1221

Quote from: COCHISE on January 16, 2015, 11:43:30 am
Says he is 80% sure he'll commit to the gators on his visit there next week.

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1502606-arkansas-welcomes-in-a-gridiron-trio?s=10

I read the same thing. You can mark him off the list.

ricepig

aloha_kid

hogfan2000

January 16, 2015, 02:18:49 pm #13 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:07:00 pm by hogfan2000
Just ran into at a hamburger joint on Dickson.  Didn't know who it was till he left, but he is a good looking kid.  Definitely looks the part of a linebacker.  Kind or stinks me my wife and 2 little ones just missed BB as my waiter told me he next right beside we arrived. 

WooPig90

Quote from: hogfan2000 on January 16, 2015, 02:18:49 pm
Just ran into at a hamburger joint on Dixon.  Didn't know who it was till he left, but he is a good looking kid.  Definitely looks the part of a linebacker.  Kind or stinks me my wife and 2 little ones just missed BB as my waiter told me he next right beside we arrived.

Dickson** ;D

ricepig

hogfan2000

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: COCHISE on January 16, 2015, 11:43:30 am
Says he is 80% sure he'll commit to the gators on his visit there next week.

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1502606-arkansas-welcomes-in-a-gridiron-trio?s=10
I have no doubt this staff will give it all they can. If he goes ahead and commits to the gators it will apparently come down mainly to his relationship with Shannon. Sometimes that's THE factor that decides it for a kid. If that's the case there's not a heck of a lot anyone else can do. Let's just sit back and wait to see what happens.