Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Graham excited to be a Hog after Coach Smith visit!

Started by bcdrules, January 15, 2015, 08:48:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

muddhogger

@Mrperfection352: Can't wait to start the next chapter in my life in Fayetteville...

Tweet from Derrick a few mins ago.

grayhawg

Quote from: muddhogger on January 15, 2015, 08:50:54 pm
@Mrperfection352: Can't wait to start the next chapter in my life in Fayetteville...

Tweet from Derrick a few mins ago.
I wonder if Coach Smith told him who his position coach would be?

jackflash

What ever he told him work.  Hope it works on other recruits

Seebs

Best use of twitter IMO - Welcome home Mr. Graham
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

1highhog

I'm sure glad to hear this news.  Graham is a must get IMO for this class and I hope he can bring a few more Florida recruits with him that our Coaches are after.

muddhogger

It's possible. Whatever Robb smith told him helped to reassure him of his decision.

Danimal

lefty08

And that, my friends, is what is referred to as closing
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

greasy_corner

The Boar War

Quote from: grayhawg on January 15, 2015, 08:52:24 pm
I wonder if Coach Smith told him who his position coach would be?

What if his new position coach is Robb Smith?

GEO-HOG

I want him to be the position coach so we can hire an OC and QB coach.  Plus CBB can fill in at LB coach too

The Boar War

Quote from: GEO-HOG on January 15, 2015, 09:17:37 pm
I want him to be the position coach so we can hire an OC and QB coach.  Plus CBB can fill in at LB coach too

When they're looking at Weinke (who has never been an OC) it makes you wonder if they would go the co-coordinator route.  Smith could fill in like Chaney did with qb's.  Not saying that's my choice.  Just an option.

Nosboar Accubond

COCHISE

Quote from: The Boar War on January 15, 2015, 09:11:43 pm
What if his new position coach is Robb Smith?
He coached them in the NFL. That's good enough for me.

WBC Hog

I'd love to have Smith as LB coach but, for a different reason. I want us to be able to hire a special teams coach. Last years special teams progressed from the year before but was still lacking. Pretty sure Segrest handles most of the ST duties with the help of all the other assistants. I'd just rather have a coach specifically for the ST unit.

Back to the thread though, this is big news since we only have 5 scholarship LB's since the 2014 season has ended.

hoglady

Shannon is still going for an in-home visit with Graham tomorrow per RD to try to flip him to Florida.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgzinbowlz

Experience at coaching NFL linebackers would get a recruits attention, along with the very real possibility of early playing time. I like where we are as of today.

We need Derek's signature.

" GO HOGS "

WorfHog

It's my understanding that Smith did most of the unit coaching with the LB's already and Shannon worked with the players in more of a one-on-one manner.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: WorfHog on January 16, 2015, 09:25:08 am
It's my understanding that Smith did most of the unit coaching with the LB's already and Shannon worked with the players in more of a one-on-one manner.
Our '14 defensive improvement combined with watching Coach Smith's sideline video, during games, shows a high energy and successful DC who, I imagine, can sell The Hogs in a living room.

" GO HOGS "