Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2016 Class.

Started by ZERO, January 15, 2015, 05:04:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZERO

With NSD nearing and the 2015 class coming to a close, is there any reason to believe that the '16 class won't be as good as this one? I remember we had four 4* recruits and the #6 class going into '15. All four were in-state, I do believe. So far for '16, we have one 3* WR committed. Is the in-state haul for '16 not looking to be as fruitful as '15? Was this year a rare year like '09?

Don't take this as premature worrying or criticizing. Plenty of time and ground left for '16, but we're definitely off to a much slower start. I'm really hoping we can crack the top 20 every year.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ZERO

January 15, 2015, 05:08:12 am #1 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:15:12 am by ZERO
Wow. Just as an aside, I'm looking at the 2016 classes on Rivals, and Ole Miss is absolutely slaying it. They're the #1 ranked class right now with eight commitments, including a 5* and four 4*. Freeze's record has improved each year at OM, and he seems to have them trending to be a powerful team with these highly rated classes.

Edit: Per 24/7, not Rivals.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ZERO on January 15, 2015, 05:04:07 am
With NSD nearing and the 2015 class coming to a close, is there any reason to believe that the '16 class won't be as good as this one? I remember we had four 4* recruits and the #6 class going into '15. All four were in-state, I do believe. So far for '16, we have one 3* WR committed. Is the in-state haul for '16 not looking to be as fruitful as '15? Was this year a rare year like '09?

Don't take this as premature worrying or criticizing. Plenty of time and ground left for '16, but we're definitely off to a much slower start. I'm really hoping we can crack the top 20 every year.
Check back in about six months when many commits will have either been made or in the process. At this point it's just WAY too early to be getting antsy. And as to OM's current ranking for '16 please use the same criteria. Let's see how they stand in relation to others when everything's said and done.

redeye

It seems like we always think next year's class is better.  I know Richard has said he thinks the 2016 class could be better, but I'm not so sure.  Speaking of Ole Miss, Denzel Mitchell is probably one reason everyone thought the 2016 class was better, but then he moved to Alabama and has committed to Ole Miss.

I think the 2016 class looks top heavy, but maybe not as deep.  Agim and Capps are big, while Hardwick and Tate don't seem far behind.  Ford probably won't receive an offer, much like Trail in this year's class.  Jones' is supposedly very impressive, but I'm not sure after that.  However, there always seems to be a few who don't receive much attention until later and I'm sure that'll be true this year, as well.

immahog

well I have heard guys like RD an Danny west say the 16 in state class will be just as good if not better
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ZERO

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 15, 2015, 06:25:58 am
Check back in about six months when many commits will have either been made or in the process. At this point it's just WAY too early to be getting antsy. And as to OM's current ranking for '16 please use the same criteria. Let's see how they stand in relation to others when everything's said and done.

I'm sure there's no way Ole Miss is going to finish #1, but that's some SERIOUS momentum on their side. I just don't know what to expect from our 2016 haul as I haven't been paying much attention. I'm glad to hear the gurus think we have a shot at making it a good one.

jacobp

Quote from: ZERO on January 15, 2015, 05:08:12 am
Wow. Just as an aside, I'm looking at the 2016 classes on Rivals, and Ole Miss is absolutely slaying it. They're the #1 ranked class right now with eight commitments, including a 5* and four 4*. Freeze's record has improved each year at OM, and he seems to have them trending to be a powerful team with these highly rated classes.

Some of my Ole Miss buddies have been saying their 2016 class is going to be pretty insane. Of course, its early in the process and if Ole Miss takes a step back next season like I think they will their class could change.

WorfHog

Quote from: ZERO on January 15, 2015, 06:39:56 am
I'm sure there's no way Ole Miss is going to finish #1, but that's some SERIOUS momentum on their side. I just don't know what to expect from our 2016 haul as I haven't been paying much attention. I'm glad to hear the gurus think we have a shot at making it a good one.

Easy to sell a program coming of a 42-3 drumming.  $uch an explo$ive offen$e $ell$ it$elve.

Grizzlyfan

The main reason I would say 2016 won't be as good as 2015 is because there is no Ty Storey in the class.  And there isn't another Ty Storey in sight.  A QB with his potential comes around only so often.

I think the '16 class may be a little more defense heavy and that's a good thing.

Tim Harris

2016 has some solid pieces in state but don't know that we will get the numbers we did this year.

We have Caps and Agim who are 2 very good defensive line prospects.  We need to land both of them.

Hardwick has the ranking of a good LB and maybe one of the higher rankings I remember for an in state player.

I also am a fan of Crockett @ RB.  I think we take at least 2 next year.  My guess is swing for the fences on some out of state options and then pair them up with Crockett.

Here are the 7 kids that 247 has already ranked.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=AR

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 15, 2015, 09:37:31 am
2016 has some solid pieces in state but don't know that we will get the numbers we did this year.

We have Caps and Agim who are 2 very good defensive line prospects.  We need to land both of them.

Hardwick has the ranking of a good LB and maybe one of the higher rankings I remember for an in state player.

I also am a fan of Crockett @ RB.  I think we take at least 2 next year.  My guess is swing for the fences on some out of state options and then pair them up with Crockett.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=AR

We need to get all 7 of them. Tate can play TE or DE. Jordan Jones potential is out of the world. He glides across the field when he runs.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on January 15, 2015, 06:27:34 am
It seems like we always think next year's class is better.  I know Richard has said he thinks the 2016 class could be better, but I'm not so sure.  Speaking of Ole Miss, Denzel Mitchell is probably one reason everyone thought the 2016 class was better, but then he moved to Alabama and has committed to Ole Miss.

I think the 2016 class looks top heavy, but maybe not as deep.  Agim and Capps are big, while Hardwick and Tate don't seem far behind.  Ford probably won't receive an offer, much like Trail in this year's class.  Jones' is supposedly very impressive, but I'm not sure after that.  However, there always seems to be a few who don't receive much attention until later and I'm sure that'll be true this year, as well.

Mitchell will flip to either Bama or Auburn, or probably both, lol, when offered.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 15, 2015, 09:37:31 am

Thanks for the info. Quick question, what do the two columns farthest to the right mean? One is labeled "team" and the other not labeled, but has the blue arrows up or down. Thank you.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ballhawg12

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 15, 2015, 09:31:06 am
The main reason I would say 2016 won't be as good as 2015 is because there is no Ty Storey in the class.  And there isn't another Ty Storey in sight.  A QB with his potential comes around only so often.

I think the '16 class may be a little more defense heavy and that's a good thing.
Might check out Greenwood's class of 2018 if you want to see an elite qb.

ArkRazr

Cleo Floyd of hot springs making a name for himself! Only been a running back one year and already being talked about as one of the best recruits from arkansas in 2016.
http://247sports.com/Player/Cleo-Floyd-78425/Bolts

Wildhog

Quote from: ZERO on January 15, 2015, 05:08:12 am

That's why we need more recruiters on this staff.  It's an arms race in the SEC.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

sowmonella

I can't understand the appeal of Freeze & Ole Miss. I expect them to fall apart in 2015.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: sowmonella on January 15, 2015, 12:09:09 pm
I can't understand the appeal of Freeze & Ole Miss. I expect them to fall apart in 2015.

$omething awfully $uspicious about them, that is for $ure.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ballhawg12 on January 15, 2015, 10:52:28 am

Greenwood always has an "elite" QB, even if he's not.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 15, 2015, 01:30:42 pm

You need to give warnings on these, I spit all over my keyboard......

ballhawg12

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 15, 2015, 01:30:42 pm
Connor Noland. Check him out for yourself.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ballhawg12 on January 15, 2015, 01:36:15 pm
has he started a varsity high school football game?

ballhawg12

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 15, 2015, 01:50:31 pm
has he started a varsity high school football game?
Yes sir he has.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ballhawg12 on January 15, 2015, 01:36:15 pm

No. Thank you, though.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ballhawg12 on January 15, 2015, 01:59:53 pm
Yes sir he has.
OK  I apologize.  My limited exposure to Greenwood this season had Wheeler as the starter and primary QB.

to save me from having to search through Hudl and what not why don't you give us a brief overview of his stats and highlights from his freshman campaign?

Arthur pigby sellers.

Tan Hammonds highlights look D1 as well in my opinion.  Perhaps we'll have 10 or more SEC caliber recruits next year which would be a good haul. 

redeye

What about the RB at Pulaski Robinson?  Can't remember his name, but he sounds like he may be flying under the radar. 

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on January 15, 2015, 04:38:05 pm
What about the RB at Pulaski Robinson?  Can't remember his name, but he sounds like he may be flying under the radar. 

Look above^^^^^

redeye

ballhawg12

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 15, 2015, 03:58:38 pmPlayed in Nevada. Don't know his stats. He just moved to Greenwood
Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 15, 2015, 03:58:38 pm
OK  I apologize.  My limited exposure to Greenwood this season had Wheeler as the starter and primary QB.

to save me from having to search through Hudl and what not why don't you give us a brief overview of his stats and highlights from his freshman campaign?
Played in Nevada. Don't know his stats. He excels in both football and baseball.

ZERO

Quote from: sowmonella on January 15, 2015, 12:09:09 pm

I'd like to believe so, too. But he took a 2-10 team to 7-6 his first year and hauled in an unbelievable class. Then he improved to 8-5, then 9-4, all while keeping recruiting up. I'm wanting him to be a bust just as much as the next guy, but so far he's done nothing but deliver results.

Tim Harris

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on January 15, 2015, 10:44:20 am
Thanks for the info. Quick question, what do the two columns farthest to the right mean? One is labeled "team" and the other not labeled, but has the blue arrows up or down. Thank you.

The team portion is how many teams are showing interest or in Jordan Jones case who you are committed to.  The blue arrow you can click and it will show the teams and a little info about the player.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ZERO on January 15, 2015, 06:42:22 pm
I'd like to believe so, too. But he took a 2-10 team to 7-6 his first year and hauled in an unbelievable class. Then he improved to 8-5, then 9-4, all while keeping recruiting up. I'm wanting him to be a bust just as much as the next guy, but so far he's done nothing but deliver results.
I know.  He reminds me a lot of Malzahn.  Charisma, gimmicky offense, great salesman and recruiter but I sure don't trust him.  Don't know if he can coach up QBs or not or if he has the staff to do that although Wallace certainly improved in his 3 years there.  I hope they fall flat on their rear end this year and lose some of that momentum.  It's good if the two Mississippi schools kind of cancel each other out.  Both go 6-6, 7-5 or 8-4 at the best so neither one grabs the spotlight and the headlines.

trphog

Would love to see Hardwick, Capps, and Agim in that Robb Smith triangle defense!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ballhawg12 on January 15, 2015, 10:52:28 am

Lets wait til the kid is actually a sophomore before crowning him "elite." You GW people crack me up.

LAHog124

The 2016 class may not have as much depth as the '15 class but there are some very solid players in the state of Arkansas for that year.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 16, 2015, 10:55:51 am
You GW people crack me up.

If by crack me up you mean you would like to slap the taste out of their mouth, then I concur.

;)

ballhawg12

Not from Greenwood. You will hear of him soon enough. ;)

TMc

Quote from: immahog on January 15, 2015, 06:35:59 am
well I have heard guys like RD an Danny west say the 16 in state class will be just as good if not better

It won't be as deep as this one though from what Danny has said - could be wrong on that.  There are a few kids that they are evaluating.

jackflash

Before its over they will be a couple of DB from this state on that list.