Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday Bits

Started by redeye, January 15, 2015, 01:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Thursday's bits are up!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/15/thur/

You have to like Hunter Dale's offer sheet.

Also find it interesting that we have coaches in Oklahoma.

Dirty

Hawgzinbowlz

With the coaches being in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Florida today, they are hitting location, location, location. Excellent recruiting territory.

When Arkansas punter commitment Blake Johnson of Los Alamitos, Calif. was named first team All State by Maxpreps for all classifications, it confirmed the staff's excellent job in recruiting for our kicking game.

Always an interesting time of year.

" GO HOGS "

trashcan maN

Quite an offer list for a young man that has yet to take an official anywhere.

I'll be thrilled with any player that our coaches like out of John Curtis. Actually, I'll just be thrilled about any player that these coaches like..

http://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Dale-23125?Institution=2306

ldfergu

trashcan maN

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 15, 2015, 07:57:59 am
Still my guess for an SEC player committed elsewhere

http://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Dillon-29626
Any reason for that guess? Dude looks like a stud lol..I'd love to poach 15% of Florida's class with one stroke. hah

Tim Harris

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 15, 2015, 07:38:46 am
Quite an offer list for a young man that has yet to take an official anywhere.

I'll be thrilled with any player that our coaches like out of John Curtis. Actually, I'll just be thrilled about any player that these coaches like..

http://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Dale-23125?Institution=2306

I read elsewhere he committed to Nebraska in July I think it was and then decommitted shortly after that.  He then decided to just concentrate on the season and then worry about recruiting once it was over.  He plans to take visits all 3 weekends in January as well as a mid week visit if needed.

Tim Harris

Kendrick Jackson is one we were on for a while and then it kind of went quite after he committed to Arizona.

Would be nice to flip him on his visit.  We still need at least 1 more LB in this class and I wouldn't mind 2.

ldfergu

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 15, 2015, 08:00:30 am
Any reason for that guess? Dude looks like a stud lol..I'd love to poach 15% of Florida's class with one stroke. hah

Maybe someone can remind me but his name was kicked around a couple weeks ago. Seemed like he might have had some interest in us but maybe I'm wrong.  Either way he's the top kid in a class of 8 recruits at Florida. I think he'll choose elsewhere

Tim Harris

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 15, 2015, 08:23:01 am
Maybe someone can remind me but his name was kicked around a couple weeks ago. Seemed like he might have had some interest in us but maybe I'm wrong.  Either way he's the top kid in a class of 8 recruits at Florida. I think he'll choose elsewhere

They won't be sitting on 8 recruits for much longer.

Bubba's Bruisers

So Greenlaw is a S recruit?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenie

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 15, 2015, 08:23:01 am

Derrick Dillon is elite.  He flashed several times in the Army AA Bowl as a receiver and returner.  He'll contribute heavily wherever he goes.
If we're recruiting him, we've done a great job keeping it quiet. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 15, 2015, 08:09:48 am
Kendrick Jackson is one we were on for a while and then it kind of went quite after he committed to Arizona.

Would be nice to flip him on his visit.  We still need at least 1 more LB in this class and I wouldn't mind 2.

I agree about another LB, I like R. Jackson as #1 and personally from the highlight tapes, I like King's better than K. Jackson, even though his offer sheet is less impressive .... King plays lower, and looks like his reaction time is  better, doesn't have the weight but that can be added.  The coaches  have them both coming the same week, sure they have a preference and will get to compare side by side.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 15, 2015, 08:48:11 am

I've seen both mentioned but if his measurements are correct he is as big as most of the other LB we are on.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 15, 2015, 08:56:01 am
I agree about another LB, I like R. Jackson as #1 and personally from the highlight tapes, I like King's better than K. Jackson, even though his offer sheet is less impressive .... King plays lower, and looks like his reaction time is  better, doesn't have the weight but that can be added.  The coaches  have them both coming the same week, sure they have a preference and will get to compare side by side.

I wonder if King is still coming.  His visit isn't listed on 247 anymore.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 15, 2015, 09:04:04 am
I wonder if King is still coming.  His visit isn't listed on 247 anymore.

Richard said yesterday that it appears he is coming on the 23rd... I had thought the 31st, so they would not be here at the same time either way... if King even makes it now.

The Recruiting Guy

The Recruiting Guy

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 15, 2015, 09:03:15 am
I've seen both mentioned but if his measurements are correct he is as big as most of the other LB we are on.

Yeah, this board, which ain't worth much, has consistently said LB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

yankeefaninHOGland

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is TJ Smith the visitor that is currently committed to a different SEC school?  247 has him listed as a visitor and I have not heard his name mentioned.

http://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Smith-43426

immahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 15, 2015, 08:48:11 am

from Everything I have heard he will be a LB
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

Quote from: yankeefaninHOGland on January 15, 2015, 10:58:19 am
Sorry if this has been mentioned but is TJ Smith the visitor that is currently committed to a different SEC school?  247 has him listed as a visitor and I have not heard his name mentioned.

I could be wrong but I think RD said it was a kid that was commited to a ACC school

COCHISE

Quote from: yankeefaninHOGland on January 15, 2015, 10:58:19 am

I doubt it. The commit RD is talking about obviously doesn't want his name out there yet. It's no secret that T.J. is coming for a visit.

gman51

Richard says were visiting J.Dinson today. Would love to have him but i thought he shut down his recruitment.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gman51 on January 15, 2015, 12:40:48 pm
Richard says were visiting J.Dinson today. Would love to have him but i thought he shut down his recruitment.

I think he's visiting this weekend.

hawg1221

Quote from: COCHISE on January 15, 2015, 11:55:18 am
I doubt it. The commit RD is talking about obviously doesn't want his name out there yet. It's no secret that T.J. is coming for a visit.

Exactly.  RD talked about him openly yesterday in his Wednesday Tidbits.

hawg1221

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 15, 2015, 12:42:51 pm
I think he's visiting this weekend.

Interesting.  He sure sounded like there was no way he would visit or even consider the hogs after Shannon left.

hawg1221

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 15, 2015, 12:48:10 pm
More bits
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/15/thur/

Fenton's coach tweeted that Fenton was no longer considering the hogs a couple weeks ago also.  You gotta love a staff that doesn't take no for an answer.

gman51

I dont think J.Dinson is visiting this weekend. Hes not on the list.

WooPig90

Any ideas of who the California recruit could be??

greenie

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 15, 2015, 01:25:47 pm

Probably Blake Johnson.

Iman Marshall is definitely on my unrealistic wish list, however.
http://247sports.com/Player/Iman-Marshall-19987

WooPig90

Quote from: greenie on January 15, 2015, 01:33:25 pm
Probably Blake Johnson.

Pretty sure he is talking about someone other than Blake Johnson since he already mentioned him and hes not a defensive prospect..

ldfergu

Quote from: greenie on January 15, 2015, 01:33:25 pm
Probably Blake Johnson.

Yeah definitely not referring to Blake Johnson

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

greenie

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 15, 2015, 01:25:47 pm

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 15, 2015, 01:48:06 pm
Yeah definitely not referring to Blake Johnson

I was simple giving my opinion on WooPig's question above, which had no specific reference to anything said by RD.

RD's 12:19 update:

Quote12:19 update
Coach Bret Bielema will have dinner with Arkansas punter commitment Blake Johnson and his father later today. Hearing Bielema is visiting the school of a highly recruited defensive prospect while in California.

I responded to WooPig90's question before I saw this.  So, CBB is seeing Blake Johnson and possibly an additional defensive recruit.  RD's "additional" recruit  comment fits nicely with my Iman Marshall reference.  Either way, sorry for the confusion.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gman51 on January 15, 2015, 12:57:40 pm
I dont think J.Dinson is visiting this weekend. Hes not on the list.

You may be right. 247 had him visiting, but maybe it was canceled.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 15, 2015, 02:04:02 pm
You may be right. 247 had him visiting, but maybe it was canceled.

I believe he cancelled it after it was announced Shannon was leaving, but it appears we are in Miami asking every CB to come to the Catfish Hole.

immahog

could we get tee martin as OC an qb coach ????

JackJohnson

I know it is likely to pick up on recruits with already established interest in Ark with Shannon gone, however I absolutely LOVE sending Jennings down to SFL.  I would also send Thomas and Segrest down there as well. 

We may find it more fruitful to have more coaches in SFL then in Tex as there are so many players down there that are so willing to leave home.  In order to "stay home" it is Miami, who obviously can't take them all.  Anywhere else is a plane ride, so flying to Fayetteville is no different then flying anywhere else.  In Tex they can DRIVE to UT, AM, Bay, TCU, OU, Ok St, TT, and with the Houston kids LSU.  So many more "stay at home" options which makes it tougher to get them

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 15, 2015, 02:11:53 pm
I know it is likely to pick up on recruits with already established interest in Ark with Shannon gone, however I absolutely LOVE sending Jennings down to SFL.  I would also send Thomas and Segrest down there as well. 

We may find it more fruitful to have more coaches in SFL then in Tex as there are so many players down there that are so willing to leave home.  In order to "stay home" it is Miami, who obviously can't take them all.  Anywhere else is a plane ride, so flying to Fayetteville is no different then flying anywhere else.  In Tex they can DRIVE to UT, AM, Bay, TCU, OU, Ok St, TT, and with the Houston kids LSU.  So many more "stay at home" options which makes it tougher to get them

I agree with this, but have to think Texas offers many more options then SFL, alone.  The problem we have in Texas is that Texans have spent the past 22 years criticizing Arkansas for leaving the SWC and have taken every opportunity to describe our venture into the SEC as a failure.  Now that A&M is in the SEC, the anti-SEC bias will dissipate and we have a chance to repair our image there.
We need to recruit Texas and SFL hard.  I'm just not sure how many SEC quality players we can expect to sign in SFL every year.

HendrixHog34

Could the highly recruited California prospect be Kahlil McKenzie. Might also be the secret SEC visitor. 24/7 doesn't show we have offered but Iman is the only California defender it show we offered.

Peter Porker

I don't believe we were never going to get a visit from Gustin. It was a pipedream, Richard. Your "hogville poster" comes out in you in these instances.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

tophawg19

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 15, 2015, 07:25:13 pm
I don't believe we were never going to get a visit from Gustin. It was a pipedream, Richard. Your "hogville poster" comes out in you in these instances.
kinda arrogant on your part since RD talks to these kids . but i guess you know better
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ldfergu

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 15, 2015, 07:29:51 pm
kinda arrogant on your part since RD talks to these kids . but i guess you know better

Arrogant is a nice way to say it.

Hogdomer

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 15, 2015, 07:29:51 pm

I don't understand what he is trying to say.