Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

English or Bequette

Started by hhicNaychaBoi, January 14, 2015, 05:31:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hhicNaychaBoi

These are a couples of names that I have seen brought up in the past. I was wondering if there is any chance that we go after these guys with Philon leaving.

Tusks

I'd go after English.  He is super quick and can play in the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GrizzlyRider07

Is English committed to anyone yet
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

SDZ_Hog

I cant find anything on if he is committed. I know he has an official to Arizona State this weekend.  I saw an article about TCU and recruiting coming down the stretch.  Didn't mention anything about him but someone left a comment below the article that said he is suppose to visit TCU on 23 but can't confirm. 

Bacon_Bitz

We have too many DL on our roster already.  I don't think we take anyone else this year, even with Philon leaving.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 14, 2015, 08:53:35 pm
We have too many DL on our roster already.  I don't think we take anyone else this year, even with Philon leaving.

They will take TJ Smith if he flips

hogman64

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on January 14, 2015, 05:31:33 pm
These are a couples of names that I have seen brought up in the past. I was wondering if there is any chance that we go after these guys with Philon leaving.

what difference would it make neither would play this year anyway and philon was never going to be here two years.......zero difference as far as those two go that philon is leaving..

texas tush hog

Quote from: tusked on January 14, 2015, 05:39:17 pm
I'd go after English.  He is super quick and can play in the SEC.

English, hands down, we are going to regret not recruiting him, he is a beast.

WBC Hog

English may be a little short (5'11) but I would take him in a heartbeat. Beast.

hawginbigd1

Wasn't English a UCLA commit at one time?

greenie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 15, 2015, 12:58:10 pm
Wasn't English a UCLA commit at one time?

Yes he was.  Not sure what happened there.

I watched English play on TV once last season (2014), and he was a non-factor.  A small sample set, understood, but absolutely no motor shown in that game.  I can't remember who DeSoto was playing, but I tuned in because I knew English was on that team, and at the time we were talking about him here on Hogville.

I have no idea about Luc Bequette beyond his excellent bloodline.  I think he's still committed to Cal.

ArkansasI

Quote from: greenie on January 15, 2015, 01:13:24 pm
I have no idea about Luc Bequette beyond his excellent bloodline.  I think he's still committed to Cal.
The little tape I saw on Luc showed that the kid has a heck of a motor.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.

If he's SEC material, I sure hope we didn't let this guy get away.  An offer from Cal reflects well on his abilities - athletically and in the classroom.  I hope we didn't miss on this player.

Good luck to Luc! 

greenie

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 15, 2015, 01:35:28 pm
The little tape I saw on Luc showed that the kid has a heck of a motor.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.

If he's SEC material, I sure hope we didn't let this guy get away.  An offer from Cal reflects well on his abilities - athletically and in the classroom.  I hope we didn't miss on this player.

Good luck to Luc!

Couldn't agree more.  Great Razorback family.

ArkansasI

Quote from: greenie on January 15, 2015, 01:37:29 pm
Couldn't agree more.  Great Razorback family.
It's natural to assume that Luc is going to continue to grow into an even better player.  Who knows what this guy will look like in two years... he's already wreaking pretty good havoc.

I sure hope his momma didn't feed him poisonous apples about Stanford and Cal and all that nonsense while the family was in Pasadena...  Childhood memories are tough to extract!  :)

I'd like to see Bret make it tough on Luc.  Explain to him that the football players in the family are all Razorbacks.  Damn good ones!  Luc belongs on the Hill.

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 15, 2015, 02:18:43 pm
It's natural to assume that Luc is going to continue to grow into an even better player.  Who knows what this guy will look like in two years... he's already wreaking pretty good havoc.

I sure hope his momma didn't feed him poisonous apples about Stanford and Cal and all that nonsense while the family was in Pasadena...  Childhood memories are tough to extract!  :)

I'd like to see Bret make it tough on Luc.  Explain to him that the football players in the family are all Razorbacks.  Damn good ones!  Luc belongs on the Hill.
I agree

dishhog40

I would think that Arkansas would not have to recruit very hard to get Luc.   Any word on another Running back being added?

stahawg

Never, ever turn down an opportunity for an SEC caliber DT. I don't care how many we have. Legit DTs are too hard to find.

Rzrbk63

I feel extremely confident that if Arkansas offers that Luc would be the 5th Bequette to play for the Hogs. Right now he has not received an offer.