Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With Philon leaving

Started by Hey Super, January 13, 2015, 07:59:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Super

January 13, 2015, 07:59:13 am Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:07:21 pm by Royal Fortune
Will this affect who the staff takes with the remaining slots?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

RazorPiggie

None. We've got the Danish Destroyer coming in. Him and Jackson will take help with losing Philon.

The_Iceman

We could possibly see Deatrich Wise play some inside next year, especially on passing downs or against the spread teams.

We still have Bijhon Jackson, DeMarcus Hodge, Taiwan Johnson, Ke'Tyrus Marks, and Armon Watts at DT. Then we have Hjalte Froholdt coming in, along with Jeremiah Ledbetter who could play inside on passing downs. I expect Dean to redshirt.

Tim Harris

I wouldn't be surprised to see them kick the tires on a few options at DT.  Especially if the coaches we hire have some connections.

Großer Kriegschwein

Without a doubt the defensive linemen know there are openings on that side of the line. Competition IRT those positions starts almost immediately with Herbert in the weightroom. They will be under constant evaluation from now thru spring ball, they know it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

Depressing. Our 3 defensive stars gone.  All the best to them, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The real Hogules

If Darrius doesn't sign with an agent, would he be eligible to return to the UofA if he didn't like how far he had fallen in the actual draft, vs where he was projected to be drafted in mock drafts?
No matter what, thanks to DP for bringing his considerable talents to Arkansas. Best wishes to him.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

immahog

time for Bijhon froholdt armon watts an Ke'tyrus marks to step it up to help out taiwan johnson ......im assuming dean will RS
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

booogaga

I would not be surprised if we start reopening the door for some DTs that we were after but if it is not the perfect fit we will not reach.
GO HOGS!

yraciv

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 13, 2015, 08:53:31 am
If Darrius doesn't sign with an agent, would he be eligible to return to the UofA if he didn't like how far he had fallen in the actual draft, vs where he was projected to be drafted in mock drafts?
No matter what, thanks to DP for bringing his considerable talents to Arkansas. Best wishes to him.

It doesn't work like that. There are deadlines and you are in or you are out, and that deadline is January 15th.  Technically he could wake up tomorrow morning and have a change of heart, but once the deadline hits you are locked in.

jackflash

I wish Philon the best and thanks for being a Razorback

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 13, 2015, 12:25:11 pm #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:59:39 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
The good news is Ledbetter and Froholdt are already on campus. That will ready help their ability to have an impact next year.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 13, 2015, 12:25:11 pm
The good news is Ledbetter and Froholdt are already on campus. That will ready help there ability to have an impact next year.

Is Hjalte on campus?

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PorkSoda

sad to see him go, but the dude is a beast, hope we get a few more just like him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boarcephus

If there is a silver lining to his leaving early it's he's moving on to the NFL and that has to play well to recruits.  When we start sending players to the NFL on a regular basis, recruiting gets much easier.  I've liked Philon since the day he signed with us after being left at the altar by Bama and he's been one of my favorite players.  Wish him nothing but the best
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hey Super

I'll always be grateful and feel lucky that Bama rejected him because what a steal. Seriously. Really wish he was staying longer though. Went by way too fast.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

KlubhouseKonnected

Philon leaving just gives me reason to finally lament that Josh Fraiser chose to be a role player at Alabama.

I also kind of wish we had gone ahead and taken a flier on Chucks Ota. I am worried about our depth now.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 13, 2015, 03:12:50 pm
Philon leaving just gives me reason to finally lament that Josh Fraiser chose to be a role player at Alabama.

I also kind of wish we had gone ahead and taken a flier on Chucks Ota. I am worried about our depth now.

Chuks got pushed all over the field this year, unfortunately for him, they had to play him and not redshirt him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 13, 2015, 03:12:50 pm

Yeah, never cared that Tenpenny left, but hated to see Frazier do the same.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2015, 03:25:29 pm
Chuks got pushed all over the field this year, unfortunately for him, they had to play him and not redshirt him.

Did he end up at A state? He really was a guy that needed a red crape year. Hey, if you know him you should suggest he go ahead and arrange to get that under Coach Herb's supervision. I hear they are doing wonderful things with student loans and walk-on programs these days. Jest.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 13, 2015, 05:17:16 pm
Did he end up at A state? He really was a guy that needed a red crape year. Hey, if you know him you should suggest he go ahead and arrange to get that under Coach Herb's supervision. I hear they are doing wonderful things with student loans and walk-on programs these days. Jest.
Yep, ended up at ASU.

IBleedRazorbackRed

TNRazorbacker

Darius was a jewel that we probably never should have had to begin with. His misfortune with Bama ended up working out great for us. That being said I'm just glad to have had him while we did. Best of luck to him. Hope he makes a great run.

Hawgzinbowlz

Our number of DT likely has the coaches attention.

" GO HOGS "