Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La'Michael Pettway tweet on Chaney leaving

Started by CFB_Fanatic, January 12, 2015, 07:29:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hehawg on January 12, 2015, 05:45:42 pm
Where did you come up with this conclusion? Misinformation to say the least

There have been more posts on this board claiming he's a back 7 player than a WR.  Who knows.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

farmhawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 12, 2015, 08:00:44 am
What was the mood when Chris Ashe left for OSU with recruits?  I've never seen a bigger turn around in a team than Smith made with the defense.  I'd expect no less a positive change in the offense with whoever Bielema hires.
Why? So far he has made one good hire out of three for coordinators.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2015, 07:06:13 pm
There have been more posts on this board claiming he's a back 7 player than a WR.  Who knows.
A lot more to playing safety than intercepting passes. Anyone that has seen him play thinks he will be a receiver. He looks like a wide receiver when you look at him.

kaki

Quote from: farmhawg on January 12, 2015, 08:08:28 pm
armchair qb's typically have pretty good completion rates.

hehawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 12, 2015, 08:11:43 pm
A lot more to playing safety than intercepting passes. Anyone that has seen him play thinks he will be a receiver. He looks like a wide receiver when you look at him.

I've watched him play every Friday night he is definitely a receiver. How the hogs will use him is another question. He would compliment either side of the ball.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hehawg on January 12, 2015, 08:32:52 pm
I've watched him play every Friday night he is definitely a receiver. How the hogs will use him is another question. He would compliment either side of the ball.
I agree. I'm not sure he likes to tackle enough to play safety. And he looks the part of a big time wide receiver.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 12, 2015, 09:18:59 pm
I agree. I'm not sure he likes to tackle enough to play safety. And he looks the part of a big time wide receiver.

Guy is 6'3 runs really well and can catch the football. I think we would be crazy not to play him at WR.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 12, 2015, 09:33:42 pm
Guy is 6'3 runs really well and can catch the football. I think we would be crazy not to play him at WR.

What if he appears to be te next cam chancellor?  While I have no idea if he is, I believe the staff will place him where he is best tooled to succeed.  I'm hoping we get hill and have the luxury of having pettway at either WR or Safety

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 12, 2015, 09:35:21 pm
What if he appears to be te next cam chancellor?  While I have no idea if he is, I believe the staff will place him where he is best tooled to succeed.  I'm hoping we get hill and have the luxury of having pettway at either WR or Safety

Considering our WR play has been pitiful to say the least probably means we have a greater need there than at DB/SS, wouldnt you say??

#1 STUNNA

To play safety in the sec you have to be physical and like to hit. He doesnt.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 12, 2015, 11:10:43 pm

Stunna comment from you

lightsout

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 12, 2015, 07:59:09 am
He's a safety.

I don't care if he's Ronnie Lott reincarnate.  He HAS to play receiver at the University of Arkansas. 

ricepig

Quote from: lightsout on January 13, 2015, 12:03:06 am
I don't care if he's Ronnie Lott reincarnate.  He HAS to play receiver at the University of Arkansas. 

Don't sweat it, he puts everyone at safety.

hawgmasta

Pettway once he gets some weight on him has Childs size and is probably a bit faster. I would love to have a big hard hitting safety but from all accounts he's a better receiver. Something that we really need at the moment.

immahog

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on January 12, 2015, 11:12:46 am
The creepy part is how they try to interpret each tweet and run back to Hogville with what they think is news!  Very irritating!   :puke:

this is what drives me crazy ......Bobby portis tweeted "crazy how you gotta wait till its dark to see who really with ya" and HV swear he was talking bout the fans .....BUT its a drake lyric something these kids do all the time they tweet lyrics ......
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

3kgthog

Get a free "jump to conclusions" mat with every new twitter account. Supplies are limited.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 12, 2015, 11:10:43 pm

People change. 

#1 STUNNA

Vantage 8 dude

And of course this coming before we even know who the next OC will be. Brilliant!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: lightsout on January 13, 2015, 12:03:06 am
He DOES?! I just hope you've clued the staff in on this observation so they'll make sure not to screw things up.

3YardsAndACloudofPork

PorkSoda

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 12, 2015, 08:19:14 am
40 year old men tweeting recruits is just creepy.
there is a difference between following tweets and actually tweeting.  following tweets is how people keep up to date on recruiting news.  it aint the 60's anymore.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hehawg on January 12, 2015, 05:45:42 pm
Where did you come up with this conclusion? Misinformation to say the least

Bielema

ldfergu

Anybody else get the impression Pettway follows suit with whatever KJ does?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 13, 2015, 01:52:10 pm

Then they should be smart enough to understand that our philosophy as a team, the goal, the mission, the course upon which we are set, as managed by the HC, for which they commtted to Arkansas, is not going to change. We will hire an OC that will best enable us to continue that course. Those involved may have changed, but the course to which they committed, has not.
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

oldhawg

Just because he left does not mean that Chaney was a bad hire.  Other factors may have influenced this move.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

ricepig

Quote from: hehawg on January 13, 2015, 05:02:37 pm
Link?

Be interested in that one myself, since coaches can't comment on recruits.

hollywood hog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 13, 2015, 01:52:10 pm

Bama giving out package scholarships now? 

greenie

Quote from: hollywood hog on January 13, 2015, 05:22:09 pm
Bama giving out package scholarships now?

I doubt Bama has room for KJ, much less Pettway.  They already have 26 commits.

Both will be Hogs.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: greenie on January 13, 2015, 05:41:04 pm
I doubt Bama has room for KJ, much less Pettway.  They already have 26 commits.

Both will be Hogs.

How man schollies can Bama give out? Cause you know Tennessee has like 40