Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La'Michael Pettway tweet on Chaney leaving

Started by CFB_Fanatic, January 12, 2015, 07:29:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

https://twitter.com/Iam_Primetimee4/status/554526509600235520

Doesnt look great......hope CBB has something up his sleeve and we can get someone that entices he and KJ to stay.

Inb4 "But KJ and Pettway are still committed"
Inb4 the arrogant "we'll be fine without him"/"we dont need him" posts start.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 12, 2015, 07:29:10 am

Doesnt look great......hope CBB has something up his sleeve and we can get someone that entices he and KJ to stay.

He had a neutral smiley face on his tweet. What do you make of that? Anything?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Still plenty of time to find an OC that can easy their concerns.

No doubt Chaney's history of putting WR's in the NFL was a plus. But it's not like today is signing day.

ricepig

AugustaHog

These guys need to relax and watch who CBB brings in.  He will hire somebody with a history of a balanced offense who will probably find ways to get the ball to playmakers even better than Channey.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Doesn't look great..."

Are you serious?  He posted a name with an exclamation.  You are reading too much into this. 

This is why I don't do Twitter and especially why I don't follow high school kids on Twitter.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 12, 2015, 07:34:57 am

Think his Twitter account had a stroke  ???

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: The Chief on January 12, 2015, 07:45:31 am
"Doesn't look great..."

Are you serious?  He posted a name with an exclamation.  You are reading too much into this. 

This is why I don't do Twitter and especially why I don't follow high school kids on Twitter.

You are quite correct. He and KJ appear to be SOLID. They havent wavered at all, amirite??.......No?  :-\

The Hogfather

He's a safety.

Boarcephus

What was the mood when Chris Ashe left for OSU with recruits?  I've never seen a bigger turn around in a team than Smith made with the defense.  I'd expect no less a positive change in the offense with whoever Bielema hires.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 12, 2015, 07:51:23 am
You are quite correct. He and KJ appear to be SOLID. They havent wavered at all, amirite??.......No?  :-\

Considering Hill was/is taking a visit to Bama next weekend, I'd say nothing's changed. These kids have Bielema's number, they can contact him.

#1 STUNNA

RazorPiggie

40 year old men tweeting recruits is just creepy.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 12, 2015, 08:19:14 am

This. Sad that grown men are getting their panties in a wad to what a 18 year old kid tweets
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ldfergu

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2015, 07:36:50 am
Who's this Channey guy?

He can't even spell his name so I doubt he had a huge impact on his commitment.

PaintballHog

18 year old kids live in the now, everyone should take this tweet and the rumors about KJ with a grain of salt.

By signing day, we would have upgraded at both OC and Linebackers coach, and we'll keep everyone. WPS  :razorback:

Kevin

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 12, 2015, 08:19:14 am

no question. hanging on every word of a 17/18 year old, that is creepy also
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

COCHISE

We go through this every time there is any type of coaching change, all teams do. The kids typically end up sticking with their commitment. I'm sure they'll end up being excited about Chaney's replacement.

nwahogfan1

I thought we were wanting  Pettway to play Safety so why does he care who the OC is???

PorkRinds

Seems like he's just surprised like most everyone else.  Not sure how you can really read anything into it.

Hawg Red

Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot there, to be honest. More interested in recruit reactions to the replacement.

Scott7703

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:09:37 am
Seems like he's just surprised like most everyone else.  Not sure how you can really read anything into it.

We're you really surprised?

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:09:37 am

He must not read Hogville, the kids would really benefit from reading about coaching hires, schemes to run, and who to pass it to, smh......

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 12, 2015, 09:06:26 am
I thought we were wanting  Pettway to play Safety so why does he care who the OC is???
He will be an all sec wide receiver when it's all said and done. The people that want him to play safety are the people that haven't seen him play in person or talked to people that have seen him on the playing field.

AugustaHog

We just need to hire the right guy relatively quickly.  We can't wait until after NSD like we did with Robb Smith or we will lose KJ for sure.  We need to get an OC in here and have him put the full court press on the offensive guys and lock them up.  Most of our offensive class is in the books already, save maybe Weathersby (not worried here, Pitt is on the job) and one other slot.  We just need to hold together what we have.

rhames

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 12, 2015, 09:27:07 am
We just need to hire the right guy relatively quickly.  We can't wait until after NSD like we did with Robb Smith or we will lose KJ for sure.  We need to get an OC in here and have him put the full court press on the offensive guys and lock them up.  Most of our offensive class is in the books already, save maybe Weathersby (not worried here, Pitt is on the job) and one other slot.  We just need to hold together what we have.

Getting the right guy is more important than trying to make a 18 year old happy. If we have to wait we have to wait. Bret knows what he is doing. KJ has been on the fence all along
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 12, 2015, 09:18:45 am
We're you really surprised?

Not shocked, but I am a bit surprised and concerned. 

OLDHOG

Quote from: rhames on January 12, 2015, 09:36:12 am

Getting the right guy is more important than trying to make a 18 year old happy. If we have to wait we have to wait. Bret knows what he is doing. KJ has been on the fence all along
EXACTLY.

Calling All Hogs

Actually grown men following Selena Gomez or Ariana Grande on twitter is creepy. Grown men following what Razorback recruits say about where they are going to play college ball not so much. I personally don't follow any recruits because I have an 18 year old son and know first hand how goofy high school students can be. I just follow Richard and he gives me all the important stuff they say that has any relevance to Hog football.

Uncommon

KJ and LaMichael are mature enough to wait and see who we hire as our new OC and what his philosophies are when the new OC goes to see them on in-home visits.  Stop panicking.

ricepig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 12, 2015, 11:06:02 am
Actually grown men following Selena Gomez or Ariana Grande on twitter is creepy. Grown men following what Razorback recruits say about where they are going to play college ball not so much. I personally don't follow any recruits because I have an 18 year old son and know first hand how goofy high school students can be. I just follow Richard and he gives me all the important stuff they say that has any relevance to Hog football.

Yeah, I follow a couple other recruiting guys too, but really it's all just regurgitation.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncommon on January 12, 2015, 11:10:52 am
KJ and LaMichael are mature enough to wait and see who we hire as our new OC and what his philosophies are when the new OC goes to see them on in-home visits.  Stop panicking.

Well, they are our two youngest recruits, haha.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 09:02:15 am
no question. hanging on every word of a 17/18 year old, that is creepy also
The creepy part is how they try to interpret each tweet and run back to Hogville with what they think is news!  Very irritating!   :puke:

Hoggish1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 12, 2015, 07:34:57 am

Nothing to see there...

Wildhog

We will upgrade at OC and be fine no matter what.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SPAL

Guys, you can't expect kids to not bat an eye when something like this happens. They deserve a chance to reevaluate things. It isn't our job to convince them. Let our coaches handle it. Im sure both will still be hogs. We may lose a recruit or two, but a long term solution to offense is worth losing a couple. We will be OK.

COCHISE

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 12, 2015, 11:39:34 am
Guys, you can't expect kids to not bat an eye when something like this happens. They deserve a chance to reevaluate things. It isn't our job to convince them. Let our coaches handle it. Im sure both will still be hogs. We may lose a recruit or two, but a long term solution to offense is worth losing a couple. We will be OK.
And who knows, we may have offensive commits or prospects that like Arkansas but weren't sold in the offense. Depending on the hire, this coaching change could end up reaffirming some commits who weren't solid or even opening the door on some future recruits who weren't considering us. Either way, we're going to come out of this with a very good recruiting class and a top notch OC.

ldfergu

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 12, 2015, 11:39:34 am

Yep. No one should be surprised when the offensive side of the ball is possibly looking at an overhaul. I'd say Pettway and Hill are in wait and see mode. Once the new hire makes his pitch I'm sure they'll tweet about how they're all hog..

On another note, can't CBB get more visits with recruits due to vacancies on staff? This can be a good thing.

Oklahawg

I've written this before:

we get all excited when a coach leaves another school but then have an overreaction and depression sets in when we can't woo any of the recruits. Why? Well, the recruits commit to the bigger picture (generally, if they are smart and the school is recruiting them optimally - no school prefers commits to coaches vs commits to the school/program). The remaining staff steps in and talks about program philosophy (which drives who is the coach anyway) and then a replacement is hired, who can re-commit the recruit.

We should expect the same for UA. Coach's Convention gives CBB the best opportunity to find who he wants and to get them to UA in time for official visits this weekend.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PonderinHog

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 12, 2015, 08:30:10 am
This. Sad that grown men are getting their panties in a wad to what a 18 year old kid tweets
That's it, dammit.  I'm going commando until NSD.   >:(   TMI  ???

redeye

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 12, 2015, 07:44:36 am
These guys need to relax and watch who CBB brings in.  He will hire somebody with a history of a balanced offense who will probably find ways to get the ball to playmakers even better than Channey.

If by "These" you mean fans, I agree.  The players are likely far more relaxed then some of our fans.

Chaney was constantly criticized for not being a great recruiter while he was here, but now that he's gone, some think we're doomed in our recruiting efforts.   ::)

mhuff

I have faith in Coach..... I am optimistic because I feel the hiring will be an upgrade in an OC and in recruiting. I really think some good hirings are coming soon. You can't tell me Coach didn't know in advance and took appropriate measures. Not the kind of man to get caught with his pants down.

GoPigs69

If they want to go to Alabama rather than Arkansas, then let them go...perhaps they can stand beside Altee Tenpenny while watching the game from the sideline.

KlubhouseKonnected

Am I crazy or didn't KJ and Gragg agree to go to school together?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 12, 2015, 03:20:10 pm
Am I crazy or didn't KJ and Gragg agree to go to school together?

More than likely and only they know.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

WriterWrong

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 12, 2015, 11:06:02 am

Those girls are older than any of these recruits. Maybe some grown men really dig Selena Gomez's music ???  :-\

Following recruits isn't a big deal. If you tweet them daily, maybe that's a bit extreme. We (and every other SEC school.. except for Vandy and Kentucky) have really passionate fans who just want to keep up with what's going on in recruiting. Same reason all of us are here. We're all just looking to here from recruits. Some go to Twitter to get it. Same difference in the end.

TheRazorbackGuy

Pettway needs to think about playing safety anyways. No point to waste his talent at WR

hehawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 12, 2015, 07:59:09 am
He's a safety.

Where did you come up with this conclusion? Misinformation to say the least
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

FATHAWG08

Come NSD this staff will have a class we will all be proud of. The MO is on the Hogs side. All the pain & disappointment this program  has endured the first two years. CBB never wavered the course of his plan of rebuilding. We are now beginning to see the benefits of this plan. Sit back relax, enjoy & be happy that Great times to be Hogs are just around the corner. This staff gets it!!!
I love off season Football!!