Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill options open per RD

Started by younghog, January 11, 2015, 09:40:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

Losing Chaney is like Alabama losing a DC.  The head coach is going to hire someone else to do exactly what we've been doing but to hopefully do it better than has been done.

JackJohnson

Quote from: lefty08 on January 11, 2015, 09:42:28 pm
Getting the right coach is much more important, f we lose 1 recruit so be it. I still think he's firm but we can't let that affect our hire

Agree.  I look at it like this- we are infinitely better as a program with Robb Smith then we would have been with Chris Ash and Soloman Thomas.  Not saying ST was tied to Ash anymore than KJ is to Chaney since neither was their primary recruiter only the coordinator, but this is an example of how I look at it

hogcard1964

We'll be fine regardless.  If someone waffles over something as trivial as this, maybe they should move along.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2015, 11:01:17 pm
For the record I like chaney. But I thnk we will hire someone that's a better fit with CBB and the team. I've seen a couple Recievers on the team on Twitter expressing that they were happy about the change.

I'm with you.
Chaney is a proven OC. But he was never a good fit for what Beliema is wanting to do. I remember before the Texas Bowl - Cheney was talking about his coaching friends saying this offense was not a Cheney offense and what was he doing. It was experiment for both coaches that just didn't work out.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hog N Bama

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 11, 2015, 10:22:38 pm
Besides, didn't he just visit Alabama?  I'm sure they showed him where Tenpenny stands sits during the games.
There, fixed that for ya.

Steef

Quote from: HogCzar1 on January 11, 2015, 11:24:09 pm
I am really surprised at some of the comments. Coach B knows what he is doing. He knows that KJ is a huge missing piece of our offense.

I fully expect us to hire a better OC, and one that will take advantage of KJ's talent.

It would be natural for a recruit to be somewhat concerned in KJ'S position, but I think in the end we will get someone who will excite the fan base and recruits such as KJ.

We will be fine, and I expect KJ to be a Hog.

This....is the attitude we should be expressing. About the coaching situation AND about our hopes for an Arkansas teenager who we would like to see in a Hog uni.

Comments like "we'll be fine without him" are juvenile and irresponsible and just not true.

We want KJ to stick with us. Because he's from Ark. Because he's a fine young man. Because he's a fine athlete. Because we need what he can do.

And because Bama has enough danged weapons already.

SamBuckhart

We need Mr. Hill. Arkansas is the best place for him.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Arkfan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2015, 10:52:28 pm
That's speculation and not facts. Fact is BA improved his play under Chaney. 

Fact is BA had nowhere to go but up.

We'll never know how much was his injury and how much was Chaney but my money is on it was mostly his injury.

Rawland Watson

I don't really put much into commitments I look at the letter of intent that's when they are going to be at Arkansas. I get excited like everybody else when we get good commitments but always keep in the back of my mind that these kids can change their mind at any time.
hard work and dedication

jcharkansas

I'm just surprised how many arkansas kids do not want to become hogs, I know when I was growing up that was the only place I wanted to play, I never would have even considered another school. I guess it's to each his own, but being from arkansas that was it for me. To bad I didn't have the athleticism.

Hawg Red

K.J.'s options have never not been open. Hogs with the inside track, for sure, but he's always had his eye on other options.

The Hogfather

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 12, 2015, 09:11:28 am
I'm just surprised how many arkansas kids do not want to become hogs, I know when I was growing up that was the only place I wanted to play, I never would have even considered another school. I guess it's to each his own, but being from arkansas that was it for me. To bad I didn't have the athleticism.

It isn't the "cool" thing to do now.  Many of them would rather go sit on Alabama's bench (Tenpenny) than play for the Hogs.  Many would rather make a "business decision" (Goodwin) to go to UK than help bring the Hogs back to prominence.

It is sad.  At least we have some guys who still feel that pull (McFadden/Portis/Beard/Spaight/etc).

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 12, 2015, 09:13:05 am
K.J.'s options have never not been open. Hogs with the inside track, for sure, but he's always had his eye on other options.
The minute Gragg stepped foot on campus is the minute I stopped worrying about Hill. Gragg and Hill are best friends, and Gragg has said himself he would not have enrolled early if he was not sure on Hill. I do not see Hill leaving Gragg high and dry, especially for a school Gragg actually had an offer to, as well.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on January 12, 2015, 09:31:41 am
The minute Gragg stepped foot on campus is the minute I stopped worrying about Hill. Gragg and Hill are best friends, and Gragg has said himself he would not have enrolled early if he was not sure on Hill. I do not see Hill leaving Gragg high and dry, especially for a school Gragg actually had an offer to, as well.

Okay.

But Hill is still keeping his options open.

OLDHOG

Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2015, 09:47:36 pm
KJ, you can always find reason to do or not to do something.  You are needed in the hog program.  Unless BB hires a really bad OC and staff, highly unlikely.....you will catch a couple hundred balls while you are on the hill and you will get what you need to play in the league while at Arkansas if you have the talent.

You might get something special with Ty and even make it to NY.
More importantly you'll have a real home that will take care of u the rest of your life when your football career is over with, and it may be hard to see now, but your football career WILL be over with sooner or later. Think long and hard about it. God bless.

cypress rock

Will is on campus. My daughter just talked to him walking to class.

HamShank

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 11, 2015, 10:51:50 pm
If KMFJ stands for what I think it stands for, sounds like a classy kid.

Really, dude? How's the weather from your mf-ing high horse?

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 12, 2015, 09:36:05 am
Okay.

But Hill is still keeping his options open.
I am sure he is, but Hill said himself yesterday that nothing changes with him regarding Chaney. People keep saying he is looking for every reason to leave Arkansas, yet he remains committed.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on January 12, 2015, 11:33:06 am
I am sure he is, but Hill said himself yesterday that nothing changes with him regarding Chaney.

Sure. Nothing has changed. His options are still open, just as they were before Chaney moved on (which is what I said in the first place).

hawgwash

Quote from: jry04 on January 12, 2015, 09:31:41 am
Speaking of Gragg, does anyone know when the early enrollees sign a binding letter of intent (as opposed to the nonbinding financial aid agreement)?

texas tush hog

Means absolutely nothing, Keefe was welcomed back with open arms as was Mark Hutson and Hooten. Disgraceful.

Oklahawg

And yet another recruiting forum thread teetering on the brink.

The sky is falling on the trolls. The sky is falling on the trolls.

1. players should commit to programs, not coaches
2. players still visiting other schools are not 100% committed
3. coaching changes are a part of the process
4. if you trust the HC to commit to him in the fall then trust the HC to make a replacement hire before bailing on the program
5. no recruit is bigger than the program, or a coach
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 11, 2015, 10:21:45 pm
Hill's options have always been open.  He's been taking other visits.  I don't see how this is new unless RD is saying he's no longer even a soft verbal. 
This. A committed recruit who is still taking visits (and said Bama has a 50-50 shot at him) has been keeping his options open. 

Steef

I removed all the potshots at Richard.

Its impossible to remove all the shots at KJ without closing the thread.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on January 12, 2015, 12:20:56 pm
Speaking of Gragg, does anyone know when the early enrollees sign a binding letter of intent (as opposed to the nonbinding financial aid agreement)?

Same day the others do.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 12, 2015, 12:33:48 pm
And yet another recruiting forum thread teetering on the brink.

The sky is falling on the trolls. The sky is falling on the trolls.

1. players should commit to programs, not coaches
2. players still visiting other schools are not 100% committed
3. coaching changes are a part of the process
4. if you trust the HC to commit to him in the fall then trust the HC to make a replacement hire before bailing on the program
5. no recruit is bigger than the program, or a coach

Well said Okla. And I agree with #5 no matter how big or small a recruit is, you can not let that affect who you hire/fire for your coordinators
Let's call those hogs!!!!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: HamShank on January 12, 2015, 10:39:31 am
Really, dude? How's the weather from your mf-ing high horse?
I'm not on a high horse. When you put MF on your twitter handle, I thinks it shows some immaturity.  Just like you having to say it to respond to my post. People with some self dignity and class prefer not to write that or include in in your handle.

colbs

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 12, 2015, 12:58:22 pm
I'm not on a high horse. When you put MF on your twitter handle, I thinks it shows some immaturity.  Just like you having to say it to respond to my post. People with some self dignity and class prefer not to write that or include in in your handle.
You don't even know if that's what it means.  So maybe you are the one that should show some class and not speculate.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2015, 01:02:00 pm
You don't even know if that's what it means.  So maybe you are the one that should show some class and not speculate.
are you really that ignorant?

hawgwash