Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill options open per RD

Started by younghog, January 11, 2015, 09:40:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

younghog

GO HOGS

lefty08

Getting the right coach is much more important, f we lose 1 recruit so be it. I still think he's firm but we can't let that affect our hire
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

younghog

GO HOGS

nextlevel

According to his step dad not KJ.

But Dick and Otis are getting the website hits their job depends on.

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

younghog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 11, 2015, 09:44:10 pm
According to his step dad not KJ.

But Dick and Otis are getting the website hits their job depends on.

That's because RD communicated with step Dad
GO HOGS

The Boar War

With all due respect, isn't he fresh off an official to Alabama?  I wouldn't begrudge someone for wanting to see who the OC might be.  But it seems like the options were open before this news came out.

Tusks

KJ, you can always find reason to do or not to do something.  You are needed in the hog program.  Unless BB hires a really bad OC and staff, highly unlikely.....you will catch a couple hundred balls while you are on the hill and you will get what you need to play in the league while at Arkansas if you have the talent.

You might get something special with Ty and even make it to NY.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

nextlevel

Quote from: The Boar War on January 11, 2015, 09:46:13 pm
With all due respect, isn't he fresh off an official to Alabama?  I wouldn't begrudge someone for wanting to see who the OC might be.  But it seems like the options were open before this news came out.

No.

If that's the case, he would also be worried about the OC at Bama since Kiffin would be a HC again before he likely sees the field.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

CFB_Fanatic

Damn. Hope we are able to get an OC with a track record of throwing the ball. Losing KJ would be just as bad as gaining Merrick was good IMO. We need WRs badly

PorkRinds

Quote from: nextlevel on January 11, 2015, 09:47:06 pm
Well right there is a communication with KJ himself.

Dick knows how to use twitter, he's seen this tweet, just looking for website traffic like he does with the dream recruits he puts up before NSD Arkansas isn't even remotely in on.

I disagree. KJ seems to have been wavering for a few weeks. This could be the out he was already looking for. The new guy should be able to sure him up though.

GaryHog

If he shafts Gragg do we want that kind of recruit anyway?
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on January 11, 2015, 09:46:13 pm

Nope. Scheduled for the week after our visit.

Trottsky

Man, rumormongers are having a field day. Let's jump to conclusions first, ask questions later.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2015, 09:51:48 pm
Nope. Scheduled for the week after our visit.

Thought it was them then us

The NewEra

I am not a proponent of having high school kids sign off on hiring decisions. Coach B will make the best decision for this program and we will flourish with or without Hill if necessary. You are either coming to Arkansas because you want to be a part of the program or not.

WilsonHog

Y'all want to put down the pitchforks and calm yourselves?

Tusks

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  that's a good one wilson.  it's HV.

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2015, 09:58:32 pm

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2015, 09:58:32 pm
I believe the riot is on, grab a brick!

PorkerOinker

KJ would be a great addition to this class and I hope come signing day he is a HOG, but if any of you think KJ makes or breaks this class you are nuts.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Scott7703

3kgthog

He's not going to say it changes anything even if it actually does. You don't burn the scholly and relationship you've got until you're sure it's ok to jump ship.

It's like leaving your current job before you've got another one lined up and in the bag.

pccmizuno24

Quote from: PorkerOinker on January 11, 2015, 10:02:47 pm
KJ would be a great addition to this class and I hope come signing day he is a HOG, but if any of you think KJ makes or breaks this class you are nuts.

well said! if he doesn't wanna be a hog then who cares! needs to be committed to the program not a coach!

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2015, 10:01:49 pm
I believe the riot is on, grab a brick!

Yea, let's storm the Bastille. Thanks rice my blood pressure needed that giggle.

WilsonHog

January 11, 2015, 10:06:51 pm #23 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:22:05 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2015, 10:01:48 pm
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  that's a good one wilson.  it's HV.

I haven't done it in several years, but I used to throw out a "rumor" that I had fabricated out of whole cloth just to watch folks tie themselves in knots. It was great fun.

That's also why I require a source on everything now.

younghog

I believe he will be a HOG.. And will get 2 sec championships and one NC
GO HOGS

Tortfeasor

Not sure why Chaney leaving would effect KJ's decision. I would think he would be excited to see who is brought in, all the while staying committed.

kodiakisland

Yeah, a new OC might mean real competition at QB and maybe less one route pass plays.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Beaverfever

Hill's options have always been open.  He's been taking other visits.  I don't see how this is new unless RD is saying he's no longer even a soft verbal. 

kodiakisland

Besides, didn't he just visit Alabama?  I'm sure they showed him where Tenpenny stands during the games.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TomBigBeeHog

Tail should not be wagging the dog. Hog's should be fine.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Letsroll1200

People who believes losing Coach Chaney want matter is living in LA LA land. This guy is well respected in professional. Good job Chaney

nextlevel

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2015, 10:27:33 pm
People who believes losing Coach Chaney want matter is living in LA LA land. This guy is well respected in professional. Good job Chaney

Want to try again in English this time?

ell oh ell

RussVegas Hawg

Huh?

Hogs will be just fine.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: PorkerOinker on January 11, 2015, 10:02:47 pm

We need WRs. BAD. Its probably our #1 concern right now.

Im not saying you are wrong, but how many exciting WR recruits do we have that can come in and make an immediate impact?? 1.....KJ Hill

texas tush hog

I have been saying this all along, but what do I know. I guess we will find out. My mom used to tell me "be careful what you pray for, you might not like the answer."       

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 11, 2015, 10:31:53 pm
Huh?

Hogs will be just fine.

Hogs will be just fine!!! You don't have a elite QB or RB and a experience proven OC decides to leave for another job. Brandon Allen got better in this system. It's going to take time to adjust to a new system for the QB. Losing Chaney is nothing to celebrate.

Tusks

For those that might have an insightful opinion on the subject.

Not that JK should hire the next WR coach, but if the next WR coach is this Jay Norvill (sp?) does that have any impact positive or negative on his decision?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2015, 10:44:35 pm
Hogs will be just fine!!! You don't have a elite QB or RB and a experience proven OC decides to leave for another job. Brandon Allen got better in this system. It's going to take time to adjust to a new system for the QB. Losing Chaney is nothing to celebrate.
he didn't leave us. We placed him in (Coaching) JUCO.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2015, 10:49:29 pm
For those that might have an insightful opinion on the subject.

Not that JK should hire the next WR coach, but if the next WR coach is this Jay Norvill (sp?) does that have any impact positive or negative on his decision?
minority recruiters tend to do pretty well.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

IronMountainHog

If KMFJ stands for what I think it stands for, sounds like a classy kid.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2015, 10:49:50 pm
he didn't leave us. We placed him in (Coaching) JUCO.

That's speculation and not facts. Fact is BA improved his play under Chaney. 

HogsBalls

KJ will be a hog. Coach B is bringing in someone that will be able to make things happen.

PorkRinds

For the record I like chaney. But I thnk we will hire someone that's a better fit with CBB and the team. I've seen a couple Recievers on the team on Twitter expressing that they were happy about the change.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogsBalls on January 11, 2015, 10:55:14 pm
KJ will be a hog. Coach B is bringing in someone that will be able to make things happen.

Our offensive philosophy want change because this is CBB offense!!! I don't believe there will be a huge upgrade because CBB prefers a ground and pound offense.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2015, 10:52:28 pm
That's speculation and not facts. Fact is BA improved his play under Chaney.

We'll never know if he did. Last year he was hurt, this year he isn't. Last year could have been similar if he had been healthy.
This is my non-signature signature.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2015, 10:44:35 pm

Not worried in the least. Chaney's play calling was average at best. Especially late in the 2nd half of games, he didnt adjust well in a lot of games and it cost us. I for 1 am glad this move is being made and think BB was the one who wanted most.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 11, 2015, 11:06:43 pm
Not worried in the least. Chaney's play calling was average at best. Especially late in the 2nd half of games, he didnt adjust well in a lot of games and it cost us. I for 1 am glad this move is being made and think BB was the one who wanted most.

You're projecting your views to CBB. No way to know how he feels about it.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2015, 11:10:07 pm
You're projecting your views to CBB. No way to know how he feels about it.

Him making a lateral move from an SEC job to an ACC job when things are headed up at Arkansas says a lot I think. Unless he's getting a lot more money which I doubt.

I doubt BB was surprised or upset about this move. Just my opinion.

HogCzar1

I am really surprised at some of the comments. Coach B knows what he is doing. He knows that KJ is a huge missing piece of our offense.

I fully expect us to hire a better OC, and one that will take advantage of KJ's talent.

It would be natural for a recruit to be somewhat concerned in KJ'S position, but I think in the end we will get someone who will excite the fan base and recruits such as KJ.

We will be fine, and I expect KJ to be a Hog.

bruisemeister

It would be nice if Hill becomes a Hog but he doesn't want to thats fine. The program survived without Dyer and Tenpenny. Lets not forget Brett Smith and Slick Shelley. It will be fine. Hope hes a hog but whatever happens will be whats best for him and the program.