Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalen Merrick cleared

Started by PigTimePlayer, January 09, 2015, 01:31:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 09, 2015, 03:48:37 pm
You just qualified for Recruiting Forum poster of the month. Good work!

+1

Cover both sides of the fence = less smites, or maybe double. lol

" GO HOGS "

Oklahawg

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 09, 2015, 03:58:15 pm
I see it like this too . . . it appears to me that the silence and delay in announcing a school can only be good news for the HOGS. We'll probably find out soon.

CBB's "slip" in his presser is probably the best indicator of where we stand. The staff THINKS he is coming here. Of course, things change, and recruits are notorious for telling multiple coaches they are coming/committed.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

greenie

I'm sure this has already been talked about, but if I'm reading the academic schedules correctly:

classes started this past Tues at FSU (monday is last day to add)
classes started this past Wed at Florida (monday is last day to add)
classes don't start until Monday for UA (friday, jan 16 last day to add)

I guess athletic departments can probably pull strings to get kids in late, but wow it seems like he should be pulling the trigger soon, soon, soon.

ldfergu

Would it be public knowledge if he signed a FAA with one of those schools already?

Wildhog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 09, 2015, 04:17:06 pm
Would it be public knowledge if he signed a FAA with one of those schools already?

Not if he didn't want it to be.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on January 09, 2015, 04:18:06 pm

Yep, the U of A and Merrick don't have to tell anyone if they don't want to

fullfan

IMO he's going to call the Hogs.  The 3rd lineman enrolling early CBB was referencing.

jry04

Quote from: Wildhog on January 09, 2015, 04:18:06 pm
But if he enrolled at one of those schools already, he would be in their directory and he is not. He is not in Arkansas' either, though.

Wildhog

Quote from: jry04 on January 09, 2015, 04:32:06 pm
But if he enrolled at one of those schools already, he would be in their directory and he is not. He is not in Arkansas' either, though.

Signing an FAA =/= enrolled
1909/1964/1965/1977

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: fullfan on January 09, 2015, 04:30:52 pm
IMO he's going to call the Hogs.  The 3rd lineman enrolling early CBB was referencing.

I'm with you and Oklahawg . .. this would make sense, i think the staff has felt like he was ours for a while. Lots of circumstantial evidence that favors the HOGS.  Look forward to seeing if it turns out.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

jry04

Quote from: Wildhog on January 09, 2015, 04:32:57 pm
Signing an FAA =/= enrolled
Notice the word "but"...

I was simply stating a different way to tell ahead of his decision would be to check student directories.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 09, 2015, 03:06:14 pm
Sorry. One of my pet peeves with hogville. I like how volnation stickies all of the recruits and all discussion about them are there instead of a million different threads. Carry on.
Easy fix. Go back to Volnation.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wildhog

Quote from: jry04 on January 09, 2015, 04:49:01 pm
Notice the word "but"...

I was simply stating a different way to tell ahead of his decision would be to check student directories.

Gotcha
1909/1964/1965/1977

SPAL

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 09, 2015, 03:06:14 pm
Sorry. One of my pet peeves with hogville. I like how volnation stickies all of the recruits and all discussion about them are there instead of a million different threads. Carry on.

I agree with you. People act like they have to read through 10 pages every time something new is posted in a thread. If they have trouble clicking on the last page of the thread, they probably shouldn't be navigating a message board. Other hog boards are much more neat and organized. 

TMc

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2015, 03:48:50 pm
I'm just making fun of the whole twitter situation, it's comical at times.

redeye

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 09, 2015, 05:19:27 pm
I agree with you. People act like they have to read through 10 pages every time something new is posted in a thread. If they have trouble clicking on the last page of the thread, they probably shouldn't be navigating a message board. Other hog boards are much more neat and organized.

Actually, you do for big threads.  Sometimes it takes clicking through 10 pages to find the news.  That's what I hate.

I try to put new info in ongoing threads most times, but if it's big news, I'll start a new thread so everyone sees it.  Sure, new threads can be annoying, but I've missed a lot of stuff because I didn't realize it was posted in an ongoing thread, or didn't have the time to click through 10 pages to find it.

ldfergu

Quote from: redeye on January 09, 2015, 07:17:12 pm
Actually, you do for big threads.  Sometimes it takes clicking through 10 pages to find the news.  That's what I hate.

I try to put new info in ongoing threads most times, but if it's big news, I'll start a new thread so everyone sees it.  Sure, new threads can be annoying, but I've missed a lot of stuff because I didn't realize it was posted in an ongoing thread, or didn't have the time to click through 10 pages to find it.

Mostly all threads over 2 pages long are a pissin match between posters and aren't even on topic anymore.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on January 09, 2015, 07:17:12 pm

If it's big news, there'll be 10 threads, not 10 pages, lol. It was definitely new topic worthy, mods will merge if they feel necessary.

ldfergu

Which is actually what is happening now

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

slim72315

With classes starting Monday, what are our odds of getting Merrick with no commitment yet?

Pig in the Pokey

Merrick packing his bags now. I bet Pittman has been pacing tonight, unable to contact recruits.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 09, 2015, 09:17:52 pm
Merrick packing his bags now. I bet Pittman has been pacing tonight, unable to contact recruits.

Am I correct, even though it is a dead period, Jalen would be allowed to contact the coach? I bet our coaches already know he is coming. At least that's what I hope is the case!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

slim72315

well he better hurry up or he will already have classes to make up.

Oklahawg

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 09, 2015, 09:57:26 pm
Am I correct, even though it is a dead period, Jalen would be allowed to contact the coach? I bet our coaches already know he is coming. At least that's what I hope is the case!

Correct. I think there is one contact per week between coaches and players at this point. Coaches, however, can answer as many calls as they like from the recruit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

YtownHog

Going to drop a knowledge bomb on you all!  His twitter bio says committed to........  Just count the periods and fill in the blanks.  It's right in front of us.  It's on the internet, it must be true!

TDHawgs

Quote from: YtownHog on January 09, 2015, 10:10:57 pm
Going to drop a knowledge bomb on you all!  His twitter bio says committed to........  Just count the periods and fill in the blanks.  It's right in front of us.  It's on the internet, it must be true!

@Jalen_Merrick FOLLOWS YOU
#Blindside #TheFro Commited to ........:

What else fits besides Arkansas?

Nice catch!!

tractorengineer

So if he is committed to ........ That means he has narrowed down from 2 favorites to 1 right?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: tractorengineer on January 09, 2015, 10:25:50 pm
So if he is committed to ........ That means he has narrowed down from 2 favorites to 1 right?

It's been that way for a while.  He's followed 10+ Gators fans today but only one Razorbacks-related account -- but it is the Razorbacks' athletics compliance twitter account

IBleedRazorbackRed

Just so everyone understands dead period rules:
Coaches can contact kids via twitter or Facebook as much as they want. They're only allowed 1 phone call per kid each week. Kids can call the coaches as much as they want.

tractorengineer

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 09, 2015, 10:27:02 pm
It's been that way for a while.  He's followed 10+ Gators fans today but only one Razorbacks-related account -- but it is the Razorbacks' athletics compliance twitter account

Thanks. Missed that i guess.  Fingers crossed for good news for the good guys (hogs)

31to6

Quote from: YtownHog on January 09, 2015, 10:10:57 pm

Could be anyone:

a r k a n s a s
f r e e s h o e
j o r t s b r o

?

greasy_corner

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 09, 2015, 10:27:02 pm

Dam he's good.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: slim72315 on January 09, 2015, 09:59:47 pm
well he better hurry up or he will already have classes to make up.

He just got cleared today. He couldnt guarantee his college would be paid for until the NCAA cleared him.

He has until Jan 20 to enroll at Arkansas.

Florida and FSU have already started. He will be in someone's spring.

Missing a few classes isn't going to hurt him.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2015, 12:05:06 am
he's trollin the gayturds hard!!!

I find it more worrisome than him trolling them. What makes you confident in this fact? I want to believe you oh so bad lol

redeye

Quote from: ar_hog_fan on January 10, 2015, 01:05:37 am

I find it more worrisome than him trolling them. What makes you confident in this fact? I want to believe you oh so bad lol

I think he was joking.

For the record, I think Merrick was heavily leaning our way at some point, but not sure where he's leaning now.  I think we have a good chance at landing him, but I'm not as confident as some of you.

After following him on Twitter a little and reading his Q&A on ask.fm, I can honestly say that I like him.  He seems very mature for his age and I'll wish him well regardless of what he decides.  If he chooses Arkansas, we'll be very lucky to have such a great player on the field, as well as a great person off of it.

Sorry if it seems I'm blabbering, but just felt the need to say that.

GalaHawg

Wallace welcomed him to the Hogs... Let's hope he knows something :-)

@HAWGSURFER: @Jalen_Merrick Welcome Jalen! Very Happy to see you with the Hogs! #WPS

immahog

Quote from: GalaHawg on January 10, 2015, 07:10:12 am
Wallace welcomed him to the Hogs... Let's hope he knows something :-)

@HAWGSURFER: @Jalen_Merrick Welcome Jalen! Very Happy to see you with the Hogs! #WPS

is this Brian wallace father account ??? an when was this ???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

razorhog52

Very good sign there. Guessing Brian Wallace knows his stuff.

tractorengineer

Does anyone know who hosted Merrick on his official visit at UA? Brian Wallace perhaps?

Attila the Hog

Not a twitter guy but I do have an account SO I just had to go look to see if the tweet from Mr. Wallace was actually out there and if it was the real Mr. Wallace.

Looks real to me and he does welcome Jalen to the Hogs.  I won't be comfortable until an announcement from Jalen himself and a signature on the bottom line.....but that gives me a bit more hope.

LJHOG

If he's coming to Arkansas why not enroll now?  It would take about an hour to complete the process.

immahog

maybe he is on his way .....I just saw the tweet it was from 4 hrs ago I think he has already let some know (coaches teammates) maybe he will just tweet a pic of him in class at the YOUofA Monday morning ......
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

YtownHog

In all seriousness nothing about his twitter screams Razorbacks.  If you looked solely at that he's all Gator.  I sure hope he's trolling but don't feel like it.

lefty08

Quote from: LJHOG on January 10, 2015, 07:49:31 am
If he's coming to Arkansas why not enroll now?  It would take about an hour to complete the process.

You could say that about all 3 schools, and Arkansas is the only one of the three that hasn't started classes yet
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: YtownHog on January 10, 2015, 08:26:49 am
In all seriousness nothing about his twitter screams Razorbacks.  If you looked solely at that he's all Gator.  I sure hope he's trolling but don't feel like it.

Unfortunately, that'd the way it seems to be looking at his twitter. Don't really know why he'd go out of his way to troll FL THAT bad, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

jjdlc

When it comes to giving anything away, this kid took Jeff Longs advanced smokescreen class.  He will follow a bunch of Hog fans one day, FSU another, UF the next.  He has really been all over the place, he really may not announce, just show up at his school of choice Monday morning.  Have to give the kid props on keeping everyone guessing.

forrest city joe

Nobody knows what Merrick is going to do. could be Arkansas,Fsu or Florida. so anyone saying anything about it is just guessing. the only people who know where he is going is him and his family.we will know soon. not getting my hopes up, but hoping he picks Arkansas.