Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalen Merrick cleared

Started by PigTimePlayer, January 09, 2015, 01:31:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigTimePlayer

he just tweeted one word ..... "Cleared!!"

let's hope we get a Hog call
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Qhog

I dunno.  That's pretty big news and in my mind a good inflection point for a new thread.  Diff'rent strokes diff'rent fokes.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: Qhog on January 09, 2015, 01:39:00 pm
I dunno.  That's pretty big news and in my mind a good inflection point for a new thread.  Diff'rent strokes diff'rent fokes.

thank you, that's what i thought . . . maybe I should add a poll question.

anyway, this is big news on an important recruit. Carry on in whatever thread you deem most appropriate.  WPS
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Blutoblutarsky

So when do Spring classes start?  From my time 03-07 it was usually around 16-20th for Jan.

WooPig90

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on January 09, 2015, 01:42:00 pm
So when do Spring classes start?  From my time 03-07 it was usually around 16-20th for Jan.

This coming monday the 12th

FBREW000

so now we are policing what threads are started, etc..

Nahh, deserving of its own, thanks

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

tophawg19

totally different news , why bury it in a thread with a bunch of crap to wade through . this could be important
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawgzinbowlz

Reasonable Question :
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 09, 2015, 01:34:01 pm
Couldn't post it under the Merrick thread?

Valid Answer :
Quote from: tophawg19 on January 09, 2015, 01:45:32 pm
totally different news , why bury it in a thread with a bunch of crap to wade through . this could be important

" GO HOGS "

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 09, 2015, 01:42:26 pm
This coming monday the 12th

Does a decision need to be made by the end of today, or do they give these midterm enrollees a few extra days to enroll?

hawg1221

Hell I would've missed the story if you put it under the old thread.  Right decision.

arkhomer

Sorry I've been out of the loop. When should we hear something on Merrick? Or do I have to scour all of those "Merrick" thread pages?

trashcan maN

Peter Porker, WTH do you care, sir?

Tim Harris

I would assume he announces sometime this weekend.  I think all the schools he is looking at start within the next week.

WooPig90

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on January 09, 2015, 01:51:47 pm
Does a decision need to be made by the end of today, or do they give these midterm enrollees a few extra days to enroll?

I saw somewhere that he said he gets a certain amount of time after classes start to enroll.

RazorBassin

Thanks for posting!  Hope he calls the HOGS!

duckman

FraggleHog

Quote from: FBREW000 on January 09, 2015, 01:42:53 pm
so now we are policing what threads are started, etc..

Nahh, deserving of its own, thanks

Whatever you do... Don't start another thread RE: Philon
Calling the Hogs from DFW

RazorPiggie

The_Iceman

sowmonella

Great news Pig Time. Thanks for posting.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ifghog

Seems like we been waiting forever! Thanks for posting!

OLDHOG

Quote from: ifghog on January 09, 2015, 02:26:57 pm
Seems like we been waiting forever! Thanks for posting!
Good things come to those that wait.

RazorPiggie

duckman

hogman64

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 09, 2015, 01:35:55 pm
well sure I could have but it's a different turn in the story.... sorry to offend, they can merge it if they want.  Thanks for pointing it out. will help me be a better poster.

Nice Reply , funny

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

HogFansReunited

Need to rename this thread since half the post are about does this thread deserve it's own thread.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

booogaga

Has been  mentioned on another board that he is not announcing today
GO HOGS!

ricepig

Quote from: booogaga on January 09, 2015, 02:49:12 pm
Has been  mentioned on another board that he is not announcing today

Well of course not, he may never announce......

TMc

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2015, 02:53:31 pm

If he can get away with it ...

presidenthog

Peter Porker

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 09, 2015, 01:35:55 pm
well sure I could have but it's a different turn in the story.... sorry to offend, they can merge it if they want.  Thanks for pointing it out. will help me be a better poster.

Sorry. One of my pet peeves with hogville. I like how volnation stickies all of the recruits and all discussion about them are there instead of a million different threads. Carry on.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

tophawg19

if you like vol nation better then that's the place for you . personally i don't like wading through 10 pages of crap to find new things that happen. hogville is 10 times better than any other site . hogs or otherwise
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Peter Porker

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 09, 2015, 03:21:18 pm
if you like vol nation better then that's the place for you . personally i don't like wading through 10 pages of crap to find new things that happen. hogville is 10 times better than any other site . hogs or otherwise

I'm not a Tennessee fan. I never said i liked volnation better.

Let's stick to the topic.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 09, 2015, 03:24:11 pm
I'm not a Tennessee fan. I didn't say i liked volnation better either. #fail

#fail
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

razorhog52

Whelp, time for a new Jalen Merrick threat ;)

jry04

Jalen just RT a UF recruit telling Jalen to join him at UF.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: jry04 on January 09, 2015, 03:36:38 pm

AND FOLLOWED 2 FLORIDA ACCOUNTS!!! IT'S OVER SADZ SADZ SADZ

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on January 09, 2015, 03:36:38 pm

Well, obviously we need one of our recruits to tell him to join him here, I'm sure it's the deciding factor.

jry04

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 09, 2015, 03:44:05 pm
AND FOLLOWED 2 FLORIDA ACCOUNTS!!! IT'S OVER SADZ SADZ SADZ
He might be messing with everyone now.

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2015, 03:45:08 pm
Well, obviously we need one of our recruits to tell him to join him here, I'm sure it's the deciding factor.
Not my point. I was just making an observation.

trashcan maN

The dude he followed has been begging for a follow back for days.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on January 09, 2015, 01:49:15 pm
Reasonable Question :
Valid Answer :
" GO HOGS "

You just qualified for Recruiting Forum poster of the month. Good work!

+1
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on January 09, 2015, 03:46:27 pm
Not my point. I was just making an observation.

I'm just making fun of the whole twitter situation, it's comical at times.

Oklahawg

Merrick has enjoyed these last few weeks a lot. I think he's been a silent commit to someone for a while. Might be FSU, might be UA. If FL has gotten into the mix at the end it is because he wants to be in the transformational class for McElwain.

If he leaves the state (UA) he may be feeling pressure from friends or a family member (HS coach, even) and doesn't want to hurt or disappoint. He'll make his announcement and then get in the car and head to school.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2015, 02:53:31 pm

He may just show up and start going to class somewhere, we may never know where he went until he shows up on a playing field someday.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 09, 2015, 03:56:15 pm
Merrick has enjoyed these last few weeks a lot. I think he's been a silent commit to someone for a while. Might be FSU, might be UA. If FL has gotten into the mix at the end it is because he wants to be in the transformational class for McElwain.

If he leaves the state (UA) he may be feeling pressure from friends or a family member (HS coach, even) and doesn't want to hurt or disappoint. He'll make his announcement and then get in the car and head to school.

I see it like this too . . . it appears to me that the silence and delay in announcing a school can only be good news for the HOGS. We'll probably find out soon.