Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is Reid Miller?

Started by yankeefaninHOGland, January 06, 2015, 08:41:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeefaninHOGland

@Reid_Miller11: Honored to say that I am enrolling early to play football at the University of Arkansas #WooPig 🐗 http://t.co/5dtOsqPcCP

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1533625/reid-miller

DoubleJ

Looks like he's teammates with Froholdt.

ldfergu

Couldn't watch his highlight reel but his measureables say 5'11" 190lb with a 4.45.

HOGINTENNESSEE

We need to get in good with IMG. That place is going to have a lot of great players coming through

http://247sports.com/Player/Reid-Miller-35528

He is from PA. Aggressive kid. Could really help on ST. I assume walk on.

immahog

Is he a walk on does he have a offer...or what this is out of no where?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

muddhogger

He's a walk on according to RD

flagstaffhog

Welcome to Arkansas, Mr. Miller.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

immahog

That's a hell of a walk on ...looking at the tape
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PigTimePlayer

RD also tweeted that the IMG coach says Miller is "a stud and the team MVP" . . . and yes, plays safety and will walk on.

WPS!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Boarmonger

I don't know how big of a stud he is but if you can get a stud to walk on...that's saying a little something.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boarmonger on January 06, 2015, 09:03:33 pm
I don't know how big of a stud he is but if you can get a stud to walk on...that's saying a little something.

Stud may be a reach, but the coaches have obviously talked the kid into walking on.  Also being reported he has 4.45 speed.  That's not teachable or coach able.  This is depth we have not seen in decades!

Hawghiggs

I don't care if all he is ever is just a special teams player. He wants to be a Razorback and that's good enough for me.

OnTheHillHogFan

Like others have said he is a walk on DB. He is walking on in an attempt to earn a scholarship later on.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OLDHOG

Welcome Mr. Miller. Your gonna love it here. SOOIEE!

1hogfan

Welcome to the Razorback Family Mr. Miller.! Go Hogs!

TeedupHigh

Oklahawg

You have to celebrate getting players with solid measureables and background to be walkons. If they have positive highlight tape that is even more impressive - somewhere there is a low-level D1 team looking for depth who might covet this kid.

Good pickup (and the above helps define "walkon stud").
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

He apparently has offers from Bucknell and Georgetown.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JaketheSnake

Any word on Hjalte's brother?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 06, 2015, 09:48:54 pm

Would love to see them both holding down a triangle...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dropkick

tophawg19

he can play both safety positions but looks more like a free safety in the sec . somewhere between 5-9 and 5-11 185 to 190 range and 4.45 speed . doesn't mind contact either
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TeedupHigh

Kids don't get these kind of measurable without putting in the work.  His are really, really good and I for one don't think he will be a "walkon" very long. If he ain't a Stud" he sure as heck looks like one!

Tim Harris

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 06, 2015, 09:48:54 pm

When Hjalte came on his visit they also went to visit some small schools in the area for Lars.  My guess is he ends up at one of them.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

RazorBassin

Great addition to the team!  Hopefully he earns a scholarship and helps this team on the field!

hogrocker

Kid looks like he could grow into a monster.

Vantage 8 dude

Welcome to the Hill, Reid. I honestly believe you're making the absolute smartest decision of your life! NOTHING like being a Hog!! WPS!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogrocker on January 07, 2015, 08:32:17 am
Kid looks like he could grow into a monster.

Yep. Butu was a freak and he was kinda short but had a lot of heart and desire.
This is my non-signature signature.

kaki

Certainly not trying to imply any limits on what this young man can contribute, but if his measurables are reasonably accurate and he likes contact like his film indicates, this is at least a win for special teams.  We need to have more talent on kickoff and punt teams.

Also wonder if the big olineman walkon candidate from Corning is still on the table?  His height and weight looked interesting.  Prior walkon olineman Johnny Gibson has been mentioned in the past, so it would be nice to be growing some depth there without impacting our 25 scholarship restriction.  Always seem to be the possibility of being awarded a scholarship later, after they have redshirted and shown ability.

forrest city joe

This could turn out to be a real steal for Arkansas. walk-ons like this could turn out big in a few years.i love the walk-on program coach has here at Arkansas.

The NewEra

If Froholdt likes him and recommend him after they have played together for a year then that means a lot to me since I think the world of Froholdt.  The kids measurable are good and his coach thinks a lot of him.  For the young man to be willing to walk on says a lot to me also about the kids character and confidence.  I hope he does well, soon, and makes a name for himself.

This walk-on program sure is getting better each year.  Bielema takes care of the walk-on's willing to lay it out there and do everything the right way.

Welcome to Razorback Nation Reid Miller.

tophawg19

put him academic scholarship till he's ready to play . remember this though. on a team with Froholdt  , this kid was named the defensive MVP . And Froholdt was dominating , so this kid must have been very special to get that award
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 07, 2015, 10:52:31 am
put him academic scholarship till he's ready to play . remember this though. on a team with Froholdt  , this kid was named the defensive MVP . And Froholdt was dominating , so this kid must have been very special to get that award

You can't just put people on academic scholarships, I sometimes wonder if any of you have had college age kids. If he has an ACT score of 34 or higher, then he probably would qualify for one.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2015, 10:55:43 am
You can't just put people on academic scholarships, I sometimes wonder if any of you have had college age kids. If he has an ACT score of 34 or higher, then he probably would qualify for one.

There are plenty of scholarships that you can get with a lower score than a 34. 

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 07, 2015, 10:57:51 am
There are plenty of scholarships that you can get with a lower score than a 34. 

Not full rides, it probably takes a 32 to get a Chancellor's scholarship, that pays about half the cost.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2015, 10:59:45 am
Not full rides, it probably takes a 32 to get a Chancellor's scholarship, that pays about half the cost.

There are also department specific scholarships depending on what his major is.  In the end, if the coaches want him to get an academic scholarship, they can likely find one for him.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 07, 2015, 11:03:19 am
There are also department specific scholarships depending on what his major is.  In the end, if the coaches want him to get an academic scholarship, they can likely find one for him.

What makes you think that, lol?

Just looked up IMG's tuition, $68,500.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2015, 11:05:19 am

Then I'm sure he can afford to pay his own way.

ARtillahog

So arkansas should be pretty cheap for his family?  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: ARtillahog on January 07, 2015, 11:09:32 am
So arkansas should be pretty cheap for his family?  ;D

It would, haha. My youngest is a tennis player, played against some kids that are from NWA that have attended there. I knew there was a reason I wasn't going to send him there......

WorfHog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Bucknell and Georgetown tuition is about $100,000.00  plus per year. So yea, Arkansas would be a bargain, even with out of state tuition.

Quote from: TeedupHigh on January 07, 2015, 07:41:35 am
Kids don't get these kind of measurable without putting in the work.  His are really, really good and I for one don't think he will be a "walkon" very long. If he ain't a Stud" he sure as heck looks like one!

Did anybody take a look at the arms on this kid, WOW.

PorkRinds

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 07, 2015, 12:26:26 pm
Did anybody take a look at the arms on this kid WOW.

His Hudl profile pic looks insane.  Gun show.

texas tush hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 07, 2015, 12:26:59 pm
His Hudl profile pic looks insane.  Gun show.

That's nothing, check this out, not guns, but Howitzers.

http://wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/07/wednesday/

jjdlc

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2015, 07:45:28 am
When Hjalte came on his visit they also went to visit some small schools in the area for Lars.  My guess is he ends up at one of them.

Lars is too old to go the prep school route, so he will have to go JUCO if he wants to play football. 

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2015, 10:55:43 am

Have things changed that much? I had an academic scholarship and was nowhere near a 34. That made my first year possible.

WRT our new walk-on ... congratulations and welcome. I wish you every success and hope you are a future Burlsworth award winner.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on January 07, 2015, 02:43:10 pm
Have things changed that much? I had an academic scholarship and was nowhere near a 34. That made my first year possible.

WRT our new walk-on ... congratulations and welcome. I wish you every success and hope you are a future Burlsworth award winner.

It's changed a lot in four years. I've got one who's a SR up there, and one that is a SR in high school, what got you a full ride four years ago, won't necessarily get you one today.