Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best recruiting site

Started by darth_hog, January 06, 2015, 01:45:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

darth_hog

This may have been asked before but which recruiting website is the best?  I know of 247 and rivals. Are there anymore?

The_Iceman

The_Bionic_Pig

Basketball: Scout
Football: 24/7
Rankings: Rivals
Unbiased Information: Richard Davenport
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pork Twain

January 06, 2015, 06:24:58 am #3 Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:11:06 am by Pork Twain
247 or whichever service has the highest ranking for the Hogs in a given sport.  Scout and Rivals are good source.  I try not to pinpoint my focus on any one source, but I do prefer 247 because they bring in the other rankings.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

trashcan maN

Rivals has the best daily info on their pay forums, but I like 247s player rankinga

Tim Harris

I like that 247 gives you access their entire network and not just Hog information.  This allows you to go to other teams sites and read what their writers are saying about a specific recruit.  Sometimes it is the same thing our writers are reporting and some times it isn't.

RazorPiggie

For Rankings its got to be 24/7 just because they have the composite score that takes in all the sites rankings and puts them into one for a more accurate ranking.

Wildhog

I like Rivals.  I think it's more user-friendly.

Ranking-wise, I think 24/7 and Rivals are about the same. 

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Wildhog

It also depends on what you're looking for.  Trey and Danny are much better than Otis and Turbeville (sp)
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wildhog on January 06, 2015, 08:59:28 am
It also depends on what you're looking for.  Trey and Danny are much better than Otis and Turbeville (sp)

Only time I visit these sites is to look up recruiting rankings/offers. I don't read any articles or pay for these because I can come in here and get the same info a couple minutes after they are posted on payboards.

I do find it hilarious that almost every time we offer a kid and said kid visits, Otis will predict them to go to Arkansas. I also think I could name more recruits than Trey because of being on this board. Trey doesn't know half the recruits that people call in about.

Seebs

Honestly I do not go to hardly any of those services. I simply listen to RD, Danny on the radio, and get information from all of those sites on Hogville. Once anything of relevance is posted anywhere on those sites it gets plastered here - so why would I need to go anywhere else?

It is good to be a Hog fan.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 06, 2015, 09:23:21 am
Only time I visit these sites is to look up recruiting rankings/offers. I don't read any articles or pay for these because I can come in here and get the same info a couple minutes after they are posted on payboards.

I do find it hilarious that almost every time we offer a kid and said kid visits, Otis will predict them to go to Arkansas. I also think I could name more recruits than Trey because of being on this board. Trey doesn't know half the recruits that people call in about.

Now Trey mostly does reporting on the program, from coach pressers to other events.  Danny is the big recruiting guy on the Rivals board, now. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: Seebs on January 06, 2015, 09:24:06 am
Honestly I do not go to hardly any of those services. I simply listen to RD, Danny on the radio, and get information from all of those sites on Hogville. Once anything of relevance is posted anywhere on those sites it gets plastered here - so why would I need to go anywhere else?

It is good to be a Hog fan.

Eh, there's actually a lot of stuff that doesn't get posted here.  RD is very, very good.  He and Danny are the best in the state, IMO.  But they don't always report on the same things, so there's plenty of reasons to visit both of their pages.

That being said, you can read RD's free articles only and be a very informed fan.  I'm a big fan of the recruiting guy.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 06, 2015, 06:18:26 am

Unbiased Information: Richard Davenport

I love Richard, and he may just be reporting what he is told, but his heights/weights/40times can sometimes be a little exaggerated.

alwaysnextyear

Otis doesn't predict everyone to go to Arkansas. He's probably the most pessimistic of the bunch. I think he just hired some random poster over there to be his other writer.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wildhog on January 06, 2015, 09:25:46 am
Now Trey mostly does reporting on the program, from coach pressers to other events.  Danny is the big recruiting guy on the Rivals board, now. 

Right. My only question is why does DTS have him on there for recruiting questions? Makes no sense.

Wildhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 06, 2015, 10:27:30 am
Right. My only question is why does DTS have him on there for recruiting questions? Makes no sense.

Because DTS bloooooows.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WooPig90

Lol it seems like most of the time when someone asks a good question he answers with " Well, im not too sure, Danny would know better"

RazorPiggie

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on January 06, 2015, 09:34:35 am
Otis doesn't predict everyone to go to Arkansas. He's probably the most pessimistic of the bunch. I think he just hired some random poster over there to be his other writer.

Well no not everyone but quite a few.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2015, 09:31:11 am
I love Richard, and he may just be reporting what he is told, but his heights/weights/40times can sometimes be a little exaggerated.

Which ones you referring to?

Seebs

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 06, 2015, 10:51:01 am
Which ones you referring to?

I love put up or shut up time on the message boards.  Release the Kracken. Hold him accountable for his post RD -I love it
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2015, 09:31:11 am

Everyones heights/weights/40times are exaggerated until they are at the combine.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wildhog on January 06, 2015, 10:28:53 am
Because DTS bloooooows.

Correct

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 06, 2015, 10:32:31 am
Lol it seems like most of the time when someone asks a good question he answers with " Well, im not too sure, Danny would know better"

I know. Its dumb.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 06, 2015, 10:59:49 am
Everyones heights/weights/40times are exaggerated until they are at the combine.
then they have a less this stellar combine. Scouts focused on 40 times have missed out on Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin that ran sub-4.5's. Also, Lynn Swann, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith dropped because of their performance.   

redeye

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 06, 2015, 10:59:49 am

That's why I don't worry over them.  If a player is really fast, you'll hear they're a really fast player.  If they're big, you'll hear that they're really big.  But too many players and coaches put out misleading information to rely on the numbers services put up.

RAZORHOGG15

Hogville by far is the best.  What other people see they come straight here to report
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

lechon

Richard brings solid info, the info for Otis (Grit) dried up with the firing of Nutt.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Peter Porker

Quote from: lechon on January 07, 2015, 01:18:38 am
Richard brings solid info, the info for Otis (Grit) dried up with the firing of Nutt.

You'd be surprised. I'm going to be careful with what I write, but I've seen stuff posted on his site that shows up a day or so later on other sites WORD FOR WORD.

Also, if you go to a camp you'll see all of the recruiting guys together, it seems, shooting the breeze. There doesn't seem to be the competition that you guys make it out to be.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 07, 2015, 08:09:40 am
You'd be surprised. I'm going to be careful with what I write, but I've seen stuff posted on his site that shows up a day or so later on other sites WORD FOR WORD.

Also, if you go to a camp you'll see all of the recruiting guys together, it seems, shooting the breeze. There doesn't seem to be the competition that you guys make it out to be.
They all pretty much get the same info at the same time. There's no real competitive advantage anymore. Not sure there's a need for four different sites at a place as small as Arkansas. Back in the day info was leaked all the time and the writers had so much access. There'd be countless videos of the freshman class on the first practice etc. I'm not sure what the purpose was of the UA cutting out the media. People feel far removed from the program now. The days of turning on DTS and hearing someone like Scott Cain give value added info leading up to a big game are over. Just doesn't feel the same with every game on tv now and the UA controlling news flow.

booogaga

Why does everyone hate on Otis. I am a member at 247 and  have been for over a year. I think he does a great job. His inside info is just as up to date as anyone else mentioned here.
GO HOGS!

Steef

Quote from: Seebs on January 06, 2015, 10:53:52 am
I love put up or shut up time on the message boards.  Release the Kracken. Hold him accountable for his post RD -I love it

Literally lol'd.

Release the Kracken. Epic.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 07, 2015, 08:09:40 am

There are scoops, then there are shared stories.....

davispard

Quote from: booogaga on January 08, 2015, 09:08:41 am
Why does everyone hate on Otis. I am a member at 247 and  have been for over a year. I think he does a great job. His inside info is just as up to date as anyone else mentioned here.
I was a member of 247, but let it, membership, drop because of Otis.  He is super sensitive as far as trying to take credit for "any" scoop relating to recruiting.  Was just too quick to try to grab credit, where it was not due..  JMO....

lefty08

Mainly because he was on the show when he was the main recruiting guy, Danny is on with Jones and the smug one
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Tom in Fort Worth

Quote from: steefhog on January 08, 2015, 09:12:33 am
Literally lol'd.

Release the Kracken. Epic.

Otis does a great job IMO.  I'm not sure where the hate comes from.  I'm a fan of 247 and Otis.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Peter Porker

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on January 07, 2015, 08:37:09 am
They all pretty much get the same info at the same time. There's no real competitive advantage anymore. Not sure there's a need for four different sites at a place as small as Arkansas. Back in the day info was leaked all the time and the writers had so much access. There'd be countless videos of the freshman class on the first practice etc. I'm not sure what the purpose was of the UA cutting out the media. People feel far removed from the program now. The days of turning on DTS and hearing someone like Scott Cain give value added info leading up to a big game are over. Just doesn't feel the same with every game on tv now and the UA controlling news flow.

s' article was written on Sunday. The other guy wrote the same exact quotes on Monday.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

redeye

Quote#21   Oregon   18   0   7   10   3.33   1738
#22   Arkansas   18   0   8   10   3.44   1731

This is one of the things that annoys me with Rivals.  Oregon and Arkansas have the same number of recruits and our average recruit is rated higher, but Oregon is ranked higher.  I'm guessing it's because they think Oregon has filled it's needs better, as if they know our needs better then our coaches.  They probably don't even know our needs, but know a little of Oregon's, so they just give them the nod.

I know other services do this also, but Rivals seems to do it worse.  I also realize many of you agree with the methodology, but do you really believe Oregon's meeting it's needs better then Arkansas?  Do you really believe the guys doing the ranking are equally knowledgeable of both teams?