Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Rossi, DC @ Rutgers

Started by Big_Red_1, January 17, 2015, 07:48:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_Red_1

Seeking thoughts on Joe Rossi as a possible lb coach for the Hogs.  He is young and has been promoted quickly.  He is known to Robb Smith.  He has excelled as a special teams coach and has coached LBs.  He is currently doing great as DC at Rutgers. Could be the answer to a reasonably priced line backer coach.  I am sure that we can pay more than Rutgers.
I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

Doug

You don't go from DC at a P5 school (especially Rutgers) to LB Coach at another P5 school, even if it IS Arkansas. That is a huge step down there.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Doug on January 17, 2015, 07:55:56 pm
You don't go from DC at a P5 school (especially Rutgers) to LB Coach at another P5 school, even if it IS Arkansas. That is a huge step down there.
Word. If he's "doing great" at DC, there's no reason why he would step down to LB coach. The only way a DC from a P5 school goes to LB coach at a P5 school is if he sucks at being a DC.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: Big_Red_1 on January 17, 2015, 07:48:41 pm
Seeking thoughts on Joe Rossi as a possible lb coach for the Hogs.  He is young and has been promoted quickly.  He is known to Robb Smith.  He has excelled as a special teams coach and has coached LBs.  He is currently doing great as DC at Rutgers. Could be the answer to a reasonably priced line backer coach.  I am sure that we can pay more than Rutgers.

BRILLIANT!

Pork Twain

Also hearing we might sign Chip Kelly as our new OC.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 17, 2015, 08:22:26 pm

Nah just QB coach

IndianaHog

Quote from: Big_Red_1 on January 17, 2015, 07:48:41 pm

This is the dumbest thread I've seen all day

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 17, 2015, 08:22:26 pm
Does he have ties to Florida?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

Hmmm...

[attachment deleted by admin]
   -Harry Solomon

SPAL

Only if Dave Rossi isn't an option.

BR

They keep getting better... The things some people come up with...   
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

hogcard1964

Quote from: Doug on January 17, 2015, 07:55:56 pm

If pay is increased, it seems fairly obvious going from Rutgers to Arkansas, in any capacity is quite a large step up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 18, 2015, 08:53:57 am
If pay is increased, it seems fairly obvious going from Rutgers to Arkansas, in any capacity is quite a large step up.

He's at 300K as the DC at Rutgers. Think we'll pay 400K for a LB coach?
Go Hogs Go!

BR

Yea, they beat us 2 years in a row... They are now in the Big 10. A Coordinator job to a coach, just don't see it happening...   

ricepig

BR

IBleedRazorbackRed

Zero percent chance

HogMantheIntruder

Ya...

[attachment deleted by admin]
   -Harry Solomon