Hogwashed

Caller asked "Who wants to play Arkansas in 2015?"

Finebaum: "Missouri"

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogwashed on January 16, 2015, 02:46:24 pm

hahahaha

Well until we beat 'em why not say that?

hawg1221

Anyone that's ever watched The Finebaum Show should know that there's certain questions you should never ask. This is one of them.

wildturkey8

The caller practically invited that response.

Pork Twain

That guy is funny for the most part.  Don't ask questions you don't want answers to.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

razorbackkid

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 16, 2015, 03:02:07 pm
Anyone that's ever watched The Finebaum Show should know that there's certain questions you should never ask. This is one of them.
Exactly.  Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.  Finebaum is a smartazz at times, but that was not a "dis" at Arkansas....it was a dumb question.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jackflash

If I were to call in I would ask who he thinks Arkansas hires as a offensive co

jusgtohogs

I'm sure it's just me, but can you explain the appeal of Finebaum?  I do not get it.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jusgtohogs on January 16, 2015, 04:29:10 pm
I'm sure it's just me, but can you explain the appeal of Finebaum?  I do not get it.
Its an Alabama/Auburn radio show.

hawg1221

Personally I can't stand the guy. He's egotistical and doesn't play by his own rules when it comes to his opinions verses his viewers opinions. I do know he claims to be right 99% of the time. He aint no Trevor Matich!!

longpig

I watch occasionally for a dose of stupid, am usually full by the 3rd caller.
Don't be scared, be smart.

BR

Wow.... OP really nailed this one.  Smack...Mizzou beat our ass... So yea they want to play us....   13 Post keep up the great work........... lol   
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hawg1221

Quote from: longpig on January 16, 2015, 05:34:15 pm
I watch occasionally for a dose of stupid, am usually full by the 3rd caller.

I like that. That's funny and true.

arlhog

Was finebaum the one talking smack?    We're the one that went 2-6 in conference play.   Have we really earned the right to talk smack and not get it back?   

Seebs

I'm overweight. If I don't want somebody calling me fat maybe I should lose weight. If I don't want Mizzou thrown in my face, maybe I should beat them down. Let;s all talk smack after next season and maybe I will have dropped a few as well.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BR

hawg1221

Quote from: arlhog on January 16, 2015, 05:38:08 pm
Was finebaum the one talking smack?    We're the one that went 2-6 in conference play.   Have we really earned the right to talk smack and not get it back?   

Apparently everyone that's responded to this thread agrees with you.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: wildturkey8 on January 16, 2015, 03:03:56 pm

Yes and Finebaum's screeners invite those type of callers for just that reason..

Break & Run

Are we sure he was smacking on us?

I didn't watch it but what if he was saying no one wants to play us bc we areally going to be pretty good?

Just saying. He has hardly been a die hard hog hater. Actually very complimentary of the hogs throughout last season.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

flippinhogmana

Quote from: wildturkey8 on January 16, 2015, 03:03:56 pm

Really?  I have to call BS on that.  Missouri smacked us down. Really, they beat us late after we should have destroyed them in the first half as I recall.  Our QB was hurt and we couldn't take advantage.  Missouri had everything on the line and played with the desperation and motivation of that.  That in no way means that they don't recognize that they, like Bama and ms state, dodged bullets big time. 

Do they dread playing us next year?  You bet your sweet bippie they do.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BR

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 16, 2015, 06:06:16 pm
Really?  I have to call BS on that.  Missouri smacked us down. Really, they beat us late after we should have destroyed them in the first half as I recall.  Our QB was hurt and we couldn't take advantage.  Missouri had everything on the line and played with the desperation and motivation of that.  That in no way means that they don't recognize that they, like Bama and ms state, dodged bullets big time. 

No Excuses......... They beat us... They have the right to talk smack..

Tom in Fort Worth

I cant argue with his response. But he is so dang snarky it's annoying. He takes jabs at everyone except bammer.

WizardofhOgZ

Nice snappy comeback . . . but I don't think Mizzou wants to play us in DWRRS this season.

FATHAWG08

At least he is getting paid .We have Finebaum wannabes all over Hogville who do it for free.
I love off season Football!!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BR on January 16, 2015, 06:19:29 pm
No Excuses......... They beat us... They have the right to talk smack..

beating us by a td late with a broken qb doesnt exactly make someone a world beater.  talk smack at your own peril. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

SWarkansasman

Finebaum will cry himself to sleep anytime Arkansas has success in any sport.   

longpig

Quote from: Tom Blankenship on January 16, 2015, 06:42:03 pm
I cant argue with his response. But he is so dang snarky it's annoying. He takes jabs at everyone except bammer.
A lot of people accuse him of being pro bama but I personally don't see it.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogsmo Kramer

Finebaum is a [CENSORED] with glasses.

Why anyone gives him the time I'll never know.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 16, 2015, 07:26:18 pm
beating us by a td late with a broken qb doesnt exactly make someone a world beater.  talk smack at your own peril.
not having a backup capable of coming in to a pressure situation leaves you susceptible to not being able to finish with a win if your QB gets dinged.  Don't talk trash after L's
This is fun, isn't it.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LRRandy on January 16, 2015, 10:46:18 pm
not having a backup capable of coming in to a pressure situation leaves you susceptible to not being able to finish with a win if your QB gets dinged.  Don't talk trash after L's

You do understand the gist of conversation in the English language dont you?  At least a passable working knowledge of it?  What I SAID was they didnt have any room to talk trash, low brow, I wasnt talking trash.

LRRandy

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 16, 2015, 10:57:30 pm
You do understand the gist of conversation in the English language dont you?  At least a passable working knowledge of it?  What I SAID was they didnt have any room to talk trash, low brow, I wasnt talking trash.
hmmm. I see. So, your warning of peril for them talking trash was in fact not actually talking trash. Your right. I don't sprekenzie. Because it would seem Mizzou would be a team a hog fan would have no right talking trash to, you  know, losing and  all.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

I tuned in late to his football version of the Jerry Springer show and PF said, to a caller from Hot Springs, that he thought the Hogs would win next year and he was on our bandwagon...

NewRaiderFan

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 16, 2015, 10:38:03 pm
Finebaum is a [CENSORED] with glasses.

Why anyone gives him the time I'll never know.
Finebaum Rocks the House.  Problem is like earlier suggested, people can not handle the truth.  Gives props when needed, Big 10 crowd loved the show the day after beating Bama. He was too fair imo to the outsiders. But he loves to smack you on dumb questions, he has very entertaining guests from national writers, to complete homer morons. Dude when I roll in at 330 everyday, the tube goes straight to SECTV while do my thing.

ballz2thewall

it's a sound-bite comment, not in-depth analysis. so you're right, but that isn't the point or pace of the show at that juncture.  they'd have to hire charlie rose for anything heavy.
The rest of the frog.

jackflash

Actually watch the Finebaum yesterday. One caller talked about professional wrestling, one blew smoke up his butt. Most of his callers are from Alabama. Some asked great question. To me it wasn't any different to some of our radio call in shows. Just away to talk about Alabama football

Fayettechill14

Finebaum has lauded Bielema all year, constantly praising him and saying he's going to do really well here.

I assure you he doesn't hate Arkansas, I think the caller just invited that response.

hogcard1964

I don't get it.  Seriously. Is Finebaum claiming Mizzou will compete with us next year?

LRRandy

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 17, 2015, 12:32:41 pm
I don't get it.  Seriously. Is Finebaum claiming Mizzou will compete with us next year?
this is a typical cart before the horse hogville response. Yes, arkansas improved. Yes their record will be better next year. But at this point Mizzou has bragging rights. They won. Now you arrogantly spout disbelief that they dare even think they will compete with the mighty 7-6 Razorbacks. Vanquisher of the woefully mediocre Longhorns. Really. Put the fork down buddy. You are currently too big for your britches.
This is fun, isn't it.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LRRandy on January 17, 2015, 02:29:34 pm
this is a typical cart before the horse hogville response. Yes, arkansas improved. Yes their record will be better next year. But at this point Mizzou has bragging rights. They won. Now you arrogantly spout disbelief that they dare even think they will compete with the mighty 7-6 Razorbacks. Vanquisher of the woefully mediocre Longhorns. Really. Put the fork down buddy. You are currently too big for your britches.

I'm not sure if Bama fan you're alluding too is too big for his britches or not, but I think your sarcasm detector may be at least damaged a bit.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DEVICEHIGH

Good answer
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on January 17, 2015, 02:58:06 pm
Good answer

Yeah, but he could just as easily have said Auburn.   :(    or Bama, although we're now sitting at 118 - 13 for the past 3 seasons and we're off the snide.   :)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DeltaBoy

If Brent and his new OC can get us a solid backup QB unlike this past year we can beat the Zoo like a rented Mule.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mhuff

Quote from: Seebs on January 16, 2015, 05:44:27 pm
I'm overweight. If I don't want somebody calling me fat maybe I should lose weight. If I don't want Mizzou thrown in my face, maybe I should beat them down. Let;s all talk smack after next season and maybe I will have dropped a few as well.

Let's do the talking on the field with good play.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: NewRaiderFan on January 17, 2015, 08:48:07 am
Finebaum Rocks the House.  Problem is like earlier suggested, people can not handle the truth.  Gives props when needed, Big 10 crowd loved the show the day after beating Bama. He was too fair imo to the outsiders. But he loves to smack you on dumb questions, he has very entertaining guests from national writers, to complete homer morons. Dude when I roll in at 330 everyday, the tube goes straight to SECTV while do my thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hehawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 17, 2015, 03:31:41 pm
If Brent and his new OC can get us a solid backup QB unlike this past year we can beat the Zoo like a rented Mule.

What?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Pigstie

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 16, 2015, 06:58:19 pm
At least he is getting paid .We have Finebaum wannabes all over Hogville who do it for free.
This
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

mizzouman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 17, 2015, 12:32:41 pm
Why wouldn't Mizzou compete?

LRRandy

Quote from: mizzouman on January 18, 2015, 06:26:47 pm
Why wouldn't Mizzou compete?
obviously the poster feels a certain superiority to Mizzou.
This is fun, isn't it.