Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Tweet

Started by BigE_23, January 16, 2015, 09:52:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigE_23

BretBielema: What a great sunrise in Long Beach! Productive visit for the future of our Razorback family. #WoooPig http://t.co/nTerEDXEqJ

https://twitter.com/bretbielema/status/556106175981559809

Potential OC?? Linebacker Coach?? Recruit???

I'll hang up and listen...

AllHog90

ricepig

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 16, 2015, 09:52:18 am
BretBielema: What a great sunrise in Long Beach! Productive visit for the future of our Razorback family. #WoooPig http://t.co/nTerEDXEqJ

https://twitter.com/bretbielema/status/556106175981559809

Potential OC?? Linebacker Coach?? Recruit???

I'll hang up and listen...

Johnson the punter lives there, he had his in home visit last night.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2015, 09:53:23 am
Johnson the punter lives there, he had his in home visit last night.

He didn't go all the way out there JUsT to see our committed punter.  I've got my hopes up for something on that visit!

davispard

Quote from: AllHog90 on January 16, 2015, 09:52:53 am
Punter commit, no?
Believe it or not; that's, Long Beach, where Iman Marshall(?) is located!!!

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2015, 09:54:46 am
He didn't go all the way out there JUsT to see our committed punter.  I've got my hopes up for something on that visit!

He was rumored to see some others, but he does an in home with every commit. He flew to Hawaii with Pittman to see Revee a couple of years ago.

PorkRinds

RD reported he had another in-home with a recruit besides Johnson.

greenie

Quote from: davispard on January 16, 2015, 09:54:56 am

That's right.  Marshall will probably end up at USC, but he's taking visits across the country in the next few weeks, including LSU.  I'm hoping that CBB was trying to get this guy to visit...maybe dump the LSU visit.  Long shot.  Very long shot.  But why not take a shot?

JackJohnson

Quote from: davispard on January 16, 2015, 09:54:56 am

He is going to have to bump someone has he has all his visits lined up:

Already visited Notre Dame on Dec 12
Visiting FSU this weekend the 16th
Leaves FSU and goes to Michigan the 19th
Next weekend will be at LSU
Last weekend at Oregon

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Iman-Marshall-20829/RecruitInterests

twistitup

He went to see the punter and get a trip to CA
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jry04

He visted with Jim Leavitt in San Francisco, too from what I have heard.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jry04 on January 16, 2015, 10:12:49 am

That would be a pretty good hire for LB's.  NFL experience and South Florida ties.

Peter Porker

He visited the rare 8 star recruit. 6-10 330 lbs 4.4 forty.

The kid definitely wants to visit, but family wants him closer to home.

Later we'll find out USC paid his parents $500,000 not to let him visit and another $500,000 to sign with USC.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

gawntrail

Long Beach Poly?

That HS is a factory.  Would be nice to get some of that talent, but, its very tough area.  You could field a NC team in FB and Hoops with the LB Poly talent that is now in the CA penal system.

Long Beach has more HSs, but, that is the major player.

hogwild6700

Gruden must have a house there.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 16, 2015, 09:58:24 am
RD reported he had another in-home with a recruit besides Johnson.

Umm, no he didn't.

Coach Bret Bielema will have dinner with Arkansas punter commitment Blake Johnson and his father later today. Hearing Bielema is visiting the school of a highly recruited defensive prospect while in California.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2015, 10:38:11 am
Umm, no he didn't.

Coach Bret Bielema will have dinner with Arkansas punter commitment Blake Johnson and his father later today. Hearing Bielema is visiting the school of a highly recruited defensive prospect while in California.

Sorry, I misspoke.  It was a visit to his school. 

gawntrail

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 16, 2015, 10:39:16 am
Sorry, I misspoke.  It was a visit to his school.

Either way he's out shaking trees looking for piggies to fall out.  Good stuff.

FraggleHog

Quote from: jry04 on January 16, 2015, 10:12:49 am

If so, then he must have caught another flight to SFO... That's a he!! of a drive if not.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

PorkRinds

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 16, 2015, 10:44:08 am
If so, then he must have caught another flight to SFO... That's a he!! of a drive if not.

He's likely on a private jet.

yraciv

January 16, 2015, 11:06:23 am #20 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:20:11 am by yraciv
Poly has a ton of guys that we'd be interested in other than Marshall.

Joseph Wicker - 4 star DT, already visited OU, TT, ASU, and AZ - scheduled UCLA for next week
Colin Samuel - 4 star CB, UCLA commit, doubt he is looking around much because he committed last month
Kanya Bell - 4 star CB/WR athlete, hasn't taken any visits but has 1 scheduled for San Jose State - I'm curious about us jumping on this one. He has some good offers, but recruitment has been quiet.

Then again, there are so many prospects within a 60 mile radius of Long Beach it could be literally anybody.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Uncommon

If it was a recruit, it would have to be Iman Marshall.  He's the only player we've offered in Long Beach and RD said Bielema would be visiting a highly ranked defensive prospect.

We'll have to beat out LSU, Michigan, and Oregon for 1 of his last 3 official visits.  Has visited Notre Dame and will be starting an official visit to Florida State today.

gmarv

cbb hes da man hope hes swing for the fence,just iike he did on gustin.you ain,t getting them if you don,t offer.

yraciv

Quote from: Uncommon on January 16, 2015, 11:11:54 am
If it was a recruit, it would have to be Iman Marshall.  He's the only player we've offered in Long Beach and RD said Bielema would be visiting a highly ranked defensive prospect.

We'll have to beat out LSU, Michigan, and Oregon for 1 of his last 3 official visits.  Has visited Notre Dame and will be starting an official visit to Florida State today.

You are assuming the guy has a reported offer on the recruiting sites. Could have just got one or just expressed interest. There are literally so many prospects in that area it can be anyone.  Here are more thoughts.

Jaylinn Hawkins - WR - Rivals shows interest in us
http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylinn-Hawkins-31196
Zach Robertson - OG - ASU commit who is taking a visit to LSU this weekend
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Zach-Robertson-155234

PorkRinds

Quote from: yraciv on January 16, 2015, 11:28:19 am
You are assuming the guy has a reported offer on the recruiting sites. Could have just got one or just expressed interest. There are literally so many prospects in that area it can be anyone.  Here are more thoughts.

Jaylinn Hawkins - WR - Rivals shows interest in us
http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylinn-Hawkins-31196
Zach Robertson - OG - ASU commit who is taking a visit to LSU this weekend
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Zach-Robertson-155234

I don't think we take an OG.  IF we wanted another one, we'd have worked on Jailn Barnett.

Paul

Would be great if we could sign Hawkins away from those West Coast offers.

The_Bionic_Pig

Maybe a recruit has connection via a newly hired coach - Just a theory.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Arkie4life

Fill in the blank: "So much drama in the LBC...I'ts kinda hard being _______"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Arkie4life on January 16, 2015, 12:24:07 pm

"mother flipping CBB"

zane

Quote from: twistitup on January 16, 2015, 10:03:15 am
He went to see the punter and get a trip to CA

You don't choose Long Beach for your Cali trip destination
RIP LSUfan

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 16, 2015, 12:27:30 pm
"mother flipping CBB"

...but he, somehow some way, keeps coming up with 4 star recruits like every single day...." 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

gawntrail

Quote from: zane on January 16, 2015, 12:53:52 pm

Queen Mary and Spruce Goose!  Roscoe's chicken and waffles.....  The opportunity to see the things that make you thankful you live somewhere else.  LB is not on the must visit list on a CA trip.  Tough, tough area.

LRHawg

I'm going going back back to cali cali

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: zane on January 16, 2015, 12:53:52 pm

Depends on what part... if you are going further in (North) than the 4th street, stay on the East side of Cherry avenue, preferably East of Redondo.

(Raised in the concrete jungle until the age of 9)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

IBleedRazorbackRed

NFLPA Collegiate All Star Game is in Long Beach I believe. May be a coach option coaching the in the game. Just a thought

popcornhog

Quote from: Arkie4life on January 16, 2015, 12:24:07 pm

Snoop D O Double G, but I, some how some way keep comin up with funky ass darn like every single day.
WPS

HogFanatic

hawg1221

Last year...and I don't know when... but I believe RD wrote about a player from Los Angeles area that the coaching staff was looking at. I wonder if this is someone to consider. Maybe someone out there knows how to find articles quickly, but I don't. Maybe I'm crazy too, but I don't think so.

HogFanatic

Are there any non-thug types in Long Beach at all?

grayhawg

I hope so our punter recruit is from there.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: grayhawg on January 16, 2015, 02:07:09 pm
I hope so our punter recruit is from there.

I think I would kind of enjoy watching a thugged out punter.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

yraciv

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 16, 2015, 11:29:46 am
I don't think we take an OG.  IF we wanted another one, we'd have worked on Jailn Barnett.

Yeah I doubt it as well, but I have no idea who are coaches think we'll get at tackle or who they plan to move from guard to outside, or if this guy could do that.  Just know we'll take another OL.

yraciv

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 16, 2015, 02:46:26 pm
I think I would kind of enjoy watching a thugged out punter.

Johnson really interests me.  Apparently  he is a pretty decent safety as well, although I doubt he can see the field at safety here. Might be a situation in the future where are punter lays a guy out though.

And as awesome as a thug punter sounds, I don't think Johnson's our guy for that.  Los Alamitos is one of the better schools and areas on the outside of LA, unless your living on the beach.

gawntrail

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2015, 02:39:02 pm
That's Johnson's coach.

Los Alamitos.  Not LBPoly, but, well known program.  OC side of the 605.  And, that guy is the recruiting coordinator.  I'd bet he's piped in direct to all the JuCo staffs. 

ricepig

Quote from: gawntrail on January 16, 2015, 03:07:24 pm
Los Alamitos.  Not LBPoly, but, well known program.  OC side of the 605.  And, that guy is the recruiting coordinator.  I'd bet he's piped in direct to all the JuCo staffs. 

Los Alamitos, that's where Johnson goes to school, guy is the RB coach there, too.

Seebs

Nary a sock was worn by CBB
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.